Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:00 pm

Marriott is not crediting my meal plan saying it is not eligible for accruing points. I know that the seaplane rides are not eligible, but the food and beverage costs should be. Has anybody else experienced this?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by kyoshiromibu
Marriott is not crediting my meal plan saying it is not eligible for accruing points. I know that the seaplane rides are not eligible, but the food and beverage costs should be. Has anybody else experienced this?
After my trip, they credited me points based on $50 of spend. Not sure where that came from. I had a meal plan and dives at the resort. When I opened the case with Marriott they say the points are based on 800 of spend in local currency. Incidentally, $800 was the full cost of dives - but in USD, not local currency. Nothing at the resort is ever quoted in local currency.

I’m still waiting for them to look into it.
kyoshiromibu likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by martzipan
After my trip, they credited me points based on $50 of spend. Not sure where that came from. I had a meal plan and dives at the resort. When I opened the case with Marriott they say the points are based on 800 of spend in local currency. Incidentally, $800 was the full cost of dives - but in USD, not local currency. Nothing at the resort is ever quoted in local currency.

I’m still waiting for them to look into it.
Ask them if that means that you should've only paid 800 in local currency and if they could start a refund request.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I’m less than a week from my trip to Maldives. I received the email asking for info on travellers using the seaplane, but no request for pre-payment!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by kyoshiromibu
The T&C are a little vague. It does say that charges for F&B are eligible, but then there's a separate section for all-inclusive charges that starts off:

Charges incurred as part of the all-inclusive package during a stay in a guest room by a Member on his or her folio and up to two (2) additional guest rooms paid by the Member at All-Inclusive Resorts and Participating Properties offering all-inclusive packages year-round and designated by the Company as all-inclusive property.

I don't think this property is designated as an all-inclusive property, so the all-inclusive charge wouldn't be applicable to that section, but I would think it'd still be applicable to the general F&B inclusions, particularly since the only benefit the package gets you (as far as I understand it) is F&B. It's not like it's an all-inclusive package that also gets you gym access or some included time in the spa or something.

Did you try going through the social media teams?
kyoshiromibu likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:27 pm

Anyone here have been to both Le Meridien and St Regis Maldives? I went to Le Meridien last year and had a great time. My son bonded with a lot of the staff there that we still keep in contact with so we wanted to do another trip. Problem is, his favorite person may be on vacation during our time there, so we're considering St Regis now.

Wondering if it's worth switching at all and your comparative experiences with both resorts. Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by brownpaw

I don't think this property is designated as an all-inclusive property, so the all-inclusive charge wouldn't be applicable to that section, but I would think it'd still be applicable to the general F&B inclusions, particularly since the only benefit the package gets you (as far as I understand it) is F&B. It's not like it's an all-inclusive package that also gets you gym access or some included time in the spa or something.

Did you try going through the social media teams?
That is how I understood the T&C as well Not an all-inclusive property, but the F&B should still be applicable.

Tried it by submitting a request through the Marriott website, and all I get are canned responses. They don't even read through the whole comments section. I will try calling customer service and hit the social media teams as well. Given the costs associated with the property, it is not a small amount of points.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by bobu
Anyone here have been to both Le Meridien and St Regis Maldives? I went to Le Meridien last year and had a great time. My son bonded with a lot of the staff there that we still keep in contact with so we wanted to do another trip. Problem is, his favorite person may be on vacation during our time there, so we're considering St Regis now.

Wondering if it's worth switching at all and your comparative experiences with both resorts. Thanks!
Resort island, reef and beach I feel are better at Meridian. St.Regis is double the money for.a reason all the other nuances of luxury travel are there. It’s simply just a step up. I love both to be honest but the St.Regis is the higher end resort for sure. However if you calculate the value for the money Meridian with its rates are extremely good for the service etc you get.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by westcoastscott
Resort island, reef and beach I feel are better at Meridian. St.Regis is double the money for.a reason all the other nuances of luxury travel are there. It’s simply just a step up. I love both to be honest but the St.Regis is the higher end resort for sure. However if you calculate the value for the money Meridian with its rates are extremely good for the service etc you get.
I agree with the above. We have been four times at St. Regis and twice at Le Meridien. We enjoyed both a lot and I would be happy to return to any of them. Le Meridien is a great value for money (points). I would rather use my points at Le Meridien and spend there 10-12 nights rather than 5 days at St. Regis. If money is not an issue, then for sure St. Regis is a better hotel. In our case, we travel with two small kids, so it is hard to fully enjoy all the luxury at the hotel, so Le Meridien is currently better option for us.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kayano
I agree with the above. We have been four times at St. Regis and twice at Le Meridien. We enjoyed both a lot and I would be happy to return to any of them. Le Meridien is a great value for money (points). I would rather use my points at Le Meridien and spend there 10-12 nights rather than 5 days at St. Regis. If money is not an issue, then for sure St. Regis is a better hotel. In our case, we travel with two small kids, so it is hard to fully enjoy all the luxury at the hotel, so Le Meridien is currently better option for us.
How well do they take care of kids at St Regis and are there a lot of them usually? Specially, any difference between the 2 kids clubs or anything they do differently? I have a 5 year old and when we went last year, there were almost no kids for him to play with. Any kids that he did meet disappeared in a day or two lol. We were there for 13 days, but he loved every moment, and keeps asking to go back.

I like trying new places, so was thinking a couple nights at Sheraton and then 5 nights at St Regis or something to cut costs. I also have a 10 night reservation at Le Meridien at some insanely cheap price. I think it was 310k for 10 nights or something. I think I can get St regis 5 nights for about 340k or so.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by westcoastscott
Problem with the Le Meridien reef is that it's a little far away, and my wife is a little scared of swimming. She wants to snorkel but doesn't want to walk all the way out there and then swim back.

What's the difference between the beaches?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

How well do they take care of kids at St Regis and are there a lot of them usually? Specially, any difference between the 2 kids clubs or anything they do differently? I have a 5 year old and when we went last year, there were almost no kids for him to play with. Any kids that he did meet disappeared in a day or two lol. We were there for 13 days, but he loved every moment, and keeps asking to go back.

I like trying new places, so was thinking a couple nights at Sheraton and then 5 nights at St Regis or something to cut costs. I also have a 10 night reservation at Le Meridien at some insanely cheap price. I think it was 310k for 10 nights or something. I think I can get St regis 5 nights for about 340k or so.
The last time when we were at St. Regis, our son was just 1.5 years old, so we couldn't leave him at kids club alone. From what I recall there were always kids participating in the activities. For out little guys (below age to leave them alone), kids club at Le Meridien was better, as it is separate building with more things that you can do on your own with your kids.

Maybe you could consider Ritz as well? I heard that their Kids Club is really good.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:44 pm

Problem with the Le Meridien reef is that it's a little far away, and my wife is a little scared of swimming. She wants to snorkel but doesn't want to walk all the way out there and then swim back.

What's the difference between the beaches?
At St. Regis, from OWV it was quite easy to start a snorkel. At Le Meridien we had Beach Villa, but what I did is to walk 2/3 of the jetty with OWVs and then use the last ladder to enter the water, that was saving a significant part of the walking/swimming to the reef. Maybe if your wife is little scared of swimming, it would be better to do some snorkeling trip with the team from Diving Center?

As for the beaches, I am not an expert, but I think I liked both equally. I don't have any favorite.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I’ve been upgraded from a beach bungalow to a Sunrise OW Villa. Does anyone know the depth of the water under these villas?

I remember turning down an OW Villa at Sheraton Maldives when I realized the water was knee deep under the villa.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I’ve been upgraded from a beach bungalow to a Sunrise OW Villa. Does anyone know the depth of the water under these villas?

I remember turning down an OW Villa at Sheraton Maldives when I realized the water was knee deep under the villa.
Depends on tide, but on average about waist deep if I recall correctly.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.