Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by josephstern
"transparent, fair and equitable to all our members"

So did the provide you a list of your qualifying years?
If only. My response is a little cheeky, but I did suggest their skills in counting years may be lacking, and that I wanted to see their math. I will follow up with a CCPA request shortly.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:57 pm

I’m fairly sure at this point that Marriott will be sticking by their “data”… (for the most part)

it seems like the disconnect are as a result of (which no one wants to talk about):

* members believing certain of number of years SHOULD count but it doesn’t resulting in a variance. (Example: Some claiming 2017 earned should count for two years 2017 and 2018)

* members saw during the SPG Bonvoy transition period where status was matched; does this count as two separate years? (Matched only, should count as two years if independently earned in the respective programs) … and by mistake Marriott double counted the matched years even though it shouldn’t have been when accounts were combined (this I don’t know if it should) and members already took screenshots to “prove” it already showed certain number of years.

for the most part, everyone fighting are already plat or above anyways because of pandemic extensions, seems like easier to ride it out.

good luck to all with the fight. Only you will know if the fight is legit . I do hope everyone gets it cleared up soon, but this is Marriott we are dealing with.

(ready to be screamed at)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
No screams, just peace.

Those of us complaining are going only by Marriott's own official statement that we got a lifetime Platinum year added in July 2020 for the qualifying year of 2020.

Many of us didn't. Not before, not during, nor after July 2020. Nothing for the qualifying Platinum year of 2020. Especially gruelling for those of us who stayed more than 50 nights in beds by the end of 2020 to make 100% sure we would get the qualifying lifetime Platinum year.

That's the issue. The qualifying year for 2021 is expected to be added in due course probably early 2022. I expect that Marriott has set up a profitable new department to deal with all the customer complaints about this missing 2020 lifetime Platinum year and this complaints department now covers all major land masses on three planets in the Sirius system.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
No screams, just peace.

Those of us complaining are going only by Marriott's own official statement that we got a lifetime Platinum year added in July 2020 for the qualifying year of 2020.

Many of us didn't. Not before, not during, nor after July 2020. Nothing for the qualifying Platinum year of 2020. Especially gruelling for those of us who stayed more than 50 nights in beds by the end of 2020 to make 100% sure we would get the qualifying lifetime Platinum year.

That's the issue. The qualifying year for 2021 is expected to be added in due course probably early 2022. I expect that Marriott has set up a profitable new department to deal with all the customer complaints about this missing 2020 lifetime Platinum year and this complaints department now covers all major land masses on three planets in the Sirius system.
I’m saying that your 2020 year (or even back to 2018 year when the merging happened) was incorrect in the first place. Again, just speculating but this speculation is possible with the different posts about how things should post and questioning the matches, and overlaps.

Some of the most recent posts are saying the 2018 reported year is incorrect because it only included 2017?!?!?. Marriott says the 2018 year ended number is X, which is different than the members calculation of X+1 or whatnot. From the most recent example, what Marriott has on record plus the posting reports up to now make it appear accurate.

obviously everyone is different and in different situations. If only Marriott will show which years a member has as platinum or above. But apparently Marriott only limited data from SPG. Wondering if most of issues are those that want years from SPG, rather than legacy Marriott only.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Apologies if this question has been asked/answered in this thread already, but just wondering how many LTP/LTT are out there?

Also, now that I got Hyatt and Hilton done, I'm even more annoyed that LTT is not attainable. Running out of goals lol.
SPN Lifer and LovetoTravel83 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Lifetime statuses

Just made lifetime Platinum Elite. Is there any status for lifetime Titanium Elite?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Lifetime Titanium is no longer offered, so Lifetime Platinum is currently the highest lifetime status you can earn.
boomerfss likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by BillBurn
Lifetime Titanium is no longer offered, so Lifetime Platinum is currently the highest lifetime status you can earn.
That's still annoying me, I am running out of targets .
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Football Fan
That's still annoying me, I am running out of targets .
I know right!? I need another target. Just 60,000 miles short of million miler with Air Canada so yeah. I need new goals.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boomerfss
I know right!? I need another target. Just 60,000 miles short of million miler with Air Canada so yeah. I need new goals.
Plenty in the Wiki here to work towards:

Lifetime status by airline -- attempted summary

And maybe we should add hotels in to there . . .
Football Fan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Is there any way to see the breakdown of what years you qualified for which status?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Is there any way to see the breakdown of what years you qualified for which status?
Someone suggested upthread to check the emails you received inviting you to choose the 50 night and 75 night choice gifts (assuming you file these things). Otherwise, I don’t think there is any way to see the breakdown per year on Marriott site.
SPN Lifer and DallasEsq like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AY Plat, Member TG,LH,UA,AC
Lifetime status: Counting of Eligible Status Year (never ending story)

Hello Everyone,
I am interested in some advice against elite years toward lifetime status. I have been Platinum since 2016 and I have moved to Titanium in 2019.

When I consult with T&C on 4.2.e (I) on
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#earn
It mentions that:
"i. In order to obtain Lifetime Elite Status, a Member must meet the below Lifetime Elite Status Criteria (4.2.f.) during the Member’s participation in the Loyalty Program. An “Eligible Status Year” is a calendar year during which a Member obtained Elite membership status (Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, or Ambassador Elite) by achieving the Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, or Ambassador Elite Minimum Requirement. The calendar year in which a Member achieves Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, or Ambassador Elite Status, as described in the prior sentence, will count as an Eligible Status Year, in addition to each subsequent year that such Member retains the benefits of Elite membership Status. For example, if a Member meets the Gold Elite Minimum Requirement during the 2021 Eligible Status Year by earning twenty-five (25) Eligible Nights and becomes a Gold Elite Member for the remainder of 2021 and for all of 2022, 2021 and 2022 will each count as separate Eligible Status Years."
To my understanding, the Eligible Status Year is counting from the first year you earn the status as well as the subsequent year. So, I have become Platinum (and above) since 2016 so the counting should start as 2016 as year 1, then it would be year 5 in 2020. I am not sure if the status extension in 2020 that extends the status into early 2022 is counting as Eligible Status Year or not. If yes, by the end of this year 2021, I should earn year 6. However, it is not such a case because it is only 4 years for Platinum (and above) on my Lifetime profile.

I have been in (fighting) communication with MR Bonvoy since March and it looks like a never-ending story, however, they insist and claim that they "remain transparent, fair and equitable to all our members" without further amendment.

Am I the only one who is (still) suffering from this 'mis'understanding ?
I need your kind advice.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
My interpretation ....
If you earned your 2016 Platinum status in 2015, then you are correct.
If you earned your Platinum status in 2016, then Marriott is correct.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:23 pm

The wording with subsequent year is new this year. Before, you would only earn for the year that you stayed the required nights. So currently, if you stay 50 nights in 2021, but less than 50 in 2022, you would earn an elite status year for 2021 and 2022. Previously, you would only earn it for 2021.

I believe that this was also the case in Marriott Rewards, but can't remember for sure.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.