Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
So the August 6th deadline I was promised to have a “final answer” by has come and gone without an update or acknowledgment - shocker. I called into the Ambassador line and did have the fortune of speaking to an agent today who looked into my file for an update, and realizing how nonsensical this whole mess has been and acknowledging that even though IT and loyalty have been swarmed with similar issues for a while there’s no reason why my case has taken more than three months to still have no resolution on, offered me a goodwill points gesture. After more than one year of chasing Marriott, novels of emails and hours of phone calls amassing misleading, erroneous information or outright lies, this was the first time I was offered anything proactively, and I made sure to repeatedly express my gratitude to that particular agent.

Closing this week with yet more nebulousness and no answers. For shame.

khabah
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by khabah
So the August 6th deadline I was promised to have a “final answer” by has come and gone without an update or acknowledgment - shocker. I called into the Ambassador line and did have the fortune of speaking to an agent today who looked into my file for an update, and realizing how nonsensical this whole mess has been and acknowledging that even though IT and loyalty have been swarmed with similar issues for a while there’s no reason why my case has taken more than three months to still have no resolution on, offered me a goodwill points gesture. After more than one year of chasing Marriott, novels of emails and hours of phone calls amassing misleading, erroneous information or outright lies, this was the first time I was offered anything proactively, and I made sure to repeatedly express my gratitude to that particular agent.

khabah
if only they started giving out free elite night credits or snas as goodwill gestures!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:45 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

khabah
Did they give you any goodwill points?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:48 pm

Well, here is a positive DP (i guess depending on your point of view). I crossed the 600 night threshold on my last stay. Even though I had to file a missing points/stay claim, the support team quickly made the correction and I am now officially Lifetime Platinum. That said I feel pretty indifferent about it now that I have crossed it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by samosa
if only they started giving out free elite night credits or snas as goodwill gestures!
LOL! Marriott to employees: LEAVE YOUR OUT-OF-THE-BOX THINKING AT HOME, YOU DRONES

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Did they give you any goodwill points?
Yes - buried in the middle of my post, which came out a bit longer than I thought. First proactive service recovery in thirteen months of chasing this malarkey!

khabah
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
LOL! Marriott to employees: LEAVE YOUR OUT-OF-THE-BOX THINKING AT HOME, YOU DRONES

Yes - buried in the middle of my post, which came out a bit longer than I thought. First proactive service recovery in thirteen months of chasing this malarkey!

khabah
Yet still you, and the rest of us, do not have your missing lifetime year.

The only data points they should require is the lifetime count before June 2020 and the lifetime count after August 2020 because they claim, so hilariously and pathetically, that we all got an additional year in July 2020. If we prove with screenshots or anything else that we didn't get an increment in July 2020 then by their own measure the case is closed in the member's favour.

We have been told so many times that we all got a lifetime year added in July 2020 and so many of us have so much proof that we did not. All other data points are irrelevant to this point. That is the only burden of proof by Bonvoy's own criteria.
SPN Lifer and khabah like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Yet still you, and the rest of us, do not have your missing lifetime year.

The only data points they should require is the lifetime count before June 2020 and the lifetime count after August 2020 because they claim, so hilariously and pathetically, that we all got an additional year in July 2020. If we prove with screenshots or anything else that we didn't get an increment in July 2020 then by their own measure the case is closed in the member's favour.

We have been told so many times that we all got a lifetime year added in July 2020 and so many of us have so much proof that we did not. All other data points are irrelevant to this point. That is the only burden of proof by Bonvoy's own criteria.
Highlighting the bits I'm going to tackle, although I am in agreement with everything you said:

Nope, no lifetime year yet. I've been bugging them about this since July 2020, and they still haven't processed it. They did a 'system review' last month and again, many of us here and beyond who have this issue were not included in the sweep.

In my case, they've received screenshots aplenty as well as an email from SPG in 2015 about a miscalculation where they messed up my Platinum status, and that I received Platinum status with SPG in 2015. I added this to my pile of evidence, especially as it directly negated Marriott's claims that my SPG years of Platinum and above were from 2016 to 2018 only.

Evidence or no evidence, sweep or no sweep, contact form or phone call, they're taking their sweet time and not giving a crap. A few points is a nice gesture, but a year+'s worth of bombardment that goes unrequited and unresolved is... beyond words. I'm surprised I still have scraps of resolve to pursue this, to be fair, but it's infuriating. Even my call with yesterday's agent had him acknowledge that when my case finally got to a manager's desk in April, it should have been a sign that it would be tended to with priority and within a reasonable time frame, let alone entering our fourth month of investigation.

I'm sure many murders and plane crashes take less time to investigate and close out than what's happening in my case, as well as many others.

khabah
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:02 pm

Any members reach out to their Twitter accounts marriottbonvoy and mbonvoyassist after the email correspondences?

Marriott did not respond to my email and case number still pending.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:31 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RemoteWorker
Any members reach out to their Twitter accounts marriottbonvoy and mbonvoyassist after the email correspondences?

Marriott did not respond to my email and case number still pending.
IME Twitter is the worst channel to go to for important Marriott customer service issues. TBH, I strongly feel just calling Marriott directly is the best way to get someone to commit some time to your issue, even if it’s only while they’re on the phone with you. I’m guessing most Marriott CS reps are overwhelmed with the staffing issues that seem to be impacting every company.
SPN Lifer and RemoteWorker like this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by jrich7970
My years haven't budged from 8 since 2019. I've been an LTG since then. Should have 10 and be an LTP now. I haven't seen any of these apologetic emails that some of you have been getting.
Same here, been stuck on 7 since 2019.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:20 am

Got my resolution, and after everything, here is what I received:

"We appreciate your patience as we looked into your Lifetime qualifying years request. After extensive research into your account, we have verified that there are no missing qualifying years toward Lifetime Elite status. Your account is correct. Your current qualifying year totals are: 9 Silver Elite years, 9 Gold Elite years and 9 Platinum Elite years. Below is what we found in our records.

As of December 2018, your account reflected 7 Silver Elite years, 7 Gold Elite years and 7 Platinum Elite years. Since then, you have achieved 2 years of Platinum Elite status or higher.

To further explain the 9 Platinum years; your Platinum years incremented from 8 to 9 in Q1 2020 during our Renewer process because you renewed your Ambassador status for 2020. This change – from 8 to 9 years – was the 2020 qualifying year. 2020 was your 9TH year of Platinum or higher status and we can confirm that 2015 is included in your current total. 2021 is your 10th year of Platinum or higher status and will be applied to your account as part of our regular process in early 2022. At this time, your account will update to include your Lifetime Platinum achievement."

Yeah. Ok.

I'm done. I'm out.

khabah
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:17 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Got my resolution, and after everything, here is what I received:

"We appreciate your patience as we looked into your Lifetime qualifying years request. After extensive research into your account, we have verified that there are no missing qualifying years toward Lifetime Elite status. Your account is correct. Your current qualifying year totals are: 9 Silver Elite years, 9 Gold Elite years and 9 Platinum Elite years. Below is what we found in our records.

As of December 2018, your account reflected 7 Silver Elite years, 7 Gold Elite years and 7 Platinum Elite years. Since then, you have achieved 2 years of Platinum Elite status or higher.

To further explain the 9 Platinum years; your Platinum years incremented from 8 to 9 in Q1 2020 during our Renewer process because you renewed your Ambassador status for 2020. This change – from 8 to 9 years – was the 2020 qualifying year. 2020 was your 9TH year of Platinum or higher status and we can confirm that 2015 is included in your current total. 2021 is your 10th year of Platinum or higher status and will be applied to your account as part of our regular process in early 2022. At this time, your account will update to include your Lifetime Platinum achievement."

Yeah. Ok.

I'm done. I'm out.

khabah
Let me 'splain something to you, khabah, you have run into Bonvoy's Catch 22. If you are sane enough to ask about your missing 10th year you are too sane to madly chase LT Plat. Ergo, if you ask, by definition you do not have 10 years. No reason for Marriott to even do a forensic accounting, it's ispo facto.

Joseph Heller put it best towards the end of the book, "Catch 22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing."

Maybe some mathematician out there can 'spain to you how Marriott works in base 9, but I am just a simple person who is glad that I didn't waste my time asking Bonvoy for something that, if I ask for, I am not entitled to.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
FWIW:

I would like to reassure you that your Lifetime Years showing on the account are correct and up to date. I have also counted them back again and all is showing correctly.

As per now you have:

- Silver 11 years of tenure

- Gold 10 years of tenure

- Platinum 8 years of tenure (up to and including 2020).

so I've asked them to give me a detailed breakdown, as I'm sure I'm missing a year. Lo and behold:

Regrettably, we can not see a more detailed breakdown than the one Martina shared in her previous communication.

…at least they are now looking into a ticket they've opened for me in 2019 😅
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:18 am

After reading all the posts from FT and the FB group to date, it seems that one should ask about the number of years on record as of Dec 2018 and then go from there. Previous screenshots during the merging years and the elite year calculation seem to be the disconnect that I can tell.

for example, a FB post says they should have 4 years of platinum since they got upgraded to platinum in 2017, but Marriott responded that the member only has 1 year of platinum at Dec 2018 so it is correct that they only have 3 years not including the 2021. So the year one attains platinum is not counted (which has subsequently changed based on change in terms as someone responding mentioned).

my bet is Marriott is working off of some merging data driven by certain lifetime criteria that most of the employees don’t even know; members using incorrect calculation of years (as the example shown above); Marriott mistakenly double counting matched status for certain years that resulted in years already shown during the merger and unable to adjust backwards which makes it appear like it is not moving (clawback); or a combination of all of the above.

one thing is for sure, Marriott is just patching things here and there and the external facing reps don’t know any better.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
My 3rd or so case about lifetime status finally got an update:

"Not enough time has passed for them to complete their research. It takes 28 days. this was opened July 28, 2021. So not enough time has passed as of today."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.