Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gudugan
Ok but I already requalified in 2021 calendar year, so if I'm not missing anything, this extension is useless to me
Originally Posted by cfischer
You will only get the 50 and 75 night choice benefits when you organically requalify, so there is a difference.
An extension doesn't get you any closer to Lifetime status if you haven't been earning Lifetime nights. So, in addition to awards at 50 & 75 nights, organic requalification gets you closer to the Lifetime night thresholds.

James
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
An extension doesn't get you any closer to Lifetime status if you haven't been earning Lifetime nights. So, in addition to awards at 50 & 75 nights, organic requalification gets you closer to the Lifetime night thresholds.

James
Respectfully disagree. Platinum years are the most valuable. Gold years are worthless.

Consider the scenario where someone has 100 lifetime nights and 5 years as gold and 0 years as platinum. I don’t consider LT Gold useful at all so this person still needs 10 years as Platinum plus 500 nights to qualify.

However another person has 7 years as Platinum and 300 nights. This is under the theoretical 350+ nights they should have but as long as they qualify for 3 more years they can finish the nights however they want (including years with no status, and they can even do nothing and get 30 credit card nights a year). Easiest way would be to go somewhere with cheap rooms on a double nights promo. And of course this used to be easier when multiple rooms per member counted as night credit.

Incidentally this is why I continue to hold the Hilton Aspire card for Diamond status even though I have less than 10 lifetime nights with Hilton. On the very small off chance spending $200k with Hilton becomes a good idea in the future, qualification will be easy then.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:28 am

Had an interesting discussion on a recent stay with a Marriott employee. Individual stated big changes are coming to the Bonvoy program early next year. Specifically mentioned- changes to the number of nights needed for the various status levels (increases) and also, hotel categories being eliminated completely therefore allowing each property to establish how many points are needed for a night at any given time based on demand and seasonal forecasting.

I was given the impression that these changes were deep in the stages of pre-roll out described as a "done deal".

​​​​​​Take it for what it is.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:34 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarrSWAA
Had an interesting discussion on a recent stay with a Marriott employee. Individual stated big changes are coming to the Bonvoy program early next year. Specifically mentioned- changes to the number of nights needed for the various status levels (increases) and also, hotel categories being eliminated completely therefore allowing each property to establish how many points are needed for a night at any given time based on demand and seasonal forecasting.

I was given the impression that these changes were deep in the stages of pre-roll out described as a "done deal".

​​​​​​Take it for what it is.
Marriott sets point prices, not hotels. Point prices have almost no impact on how much hotels are paid out so the individual hotel has little reason to care.

While I honestly would support higher status thresholds if it yielded better benefits, I am highly skeptical of your claim. This runs counter to rumors we have seen from multiple credible sources that Marriott wants to make Platinum even more accessible through a CC. Time will tell. I’m hoping your right!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Had an interesting discussion on a recent stay with a Marriott employee. Individual stated big changes are coming to the Bonvoy program early next year. Specifically mentioned- changes to the number of nights needed for the various status levels (increases) . . . .
Do I hear 500 nights for Lifetime Gold Elite and 750 nights for Lifetime Platinum Elite (vice 400 and 600, respectively)?

Bonv°yed again!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: Some
Had an interesting discussion on a recent stay with a Marriott employee. Individual stated big changes are coming to the Bonvoy program early next year. Specifically mentioned- changes to the number of nights needed for the various status levels (increases)
As in changes to the level of nights needed for lifetime status rather than regular status? Not that it matters since the last time I had a lifetime status year credited was 2019 anyway.
renila and samosa like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Not trying to disparage that person but, after reading through their post history, I’ll take their claims with a grain of salt.

They previously claimed a Chase CS representative told them they could product change a Marriott credit card to a CSR.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33325686-post2149.html

This runs counter to everything published elsewhere about Chase cards. As most people here will know, Chase only allows you to product change within the same card family. I have never seen a data point to support OP’s claim.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...de-chase-card/
https://www.asksebby.com/blog/chase-...018?format=amp
https://thepointsguy.com/news/when-t...-change-2/amp/
https://milestomemories.com/chase-pr...nges-closures/

I would be more inclined to believe a highly contrarian claim if it came from a more credible source.
gudugan likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Wondering why we can’t get confirmation of lifetime status add for the 2022 extension…
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:32 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Wondering why we can’t get confirmation of lifetime status add for the 2022 extension…
I’d be happy to get my lifetime status to reflect my stays and status from 2019, 2020, and 2021, let alone 2022…
swag, renila, SPN Lifer and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ryw
I’d be happy to get my lifetime status to reflect my stays and status from 2019, 2020, and 2021, let alone 2022…
Whenever we get back to the topic of the incorrect incrementing of Lifetime status counts from the last few years I always get a vision of the Bonvoy IT Director standing terrified, eyes wide open, frozen into inactivity in the corner of an office desperately hoping that the moment will again pass without anyone escalating it to him (because surely it's a man) and if anyone does raise the subject again he just snarls and barks and spits like a cornered, rabid, dog until they retreat in terror.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ryw
I got credit for earning 2019 Platinum Elite status on my lifetime status counter in March 2020, as Year 9 at Platinum or higher.

In 2020 I earned Titanium Elite status (with help from a 25-night "head start bonus", and 15 nights each from my longstanding Chase Marriott Visa and a new business Marriott AmEx), but am still waiting for Year 10 on the lifetime counter.

Bonv°yed again!
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Whenever we get back to the topic of the incorrect incrementing of Lifetime status counts from the last few years I always get a vision of the Bonvoy IT Director standing terrified, eyes wide open, frozen into inactivity in the corner of an office desperately hoping that the moment will again pass without anyone escalating it to him (because surely it's a man) and if anyone does raise the subject again he just snarls and barks and spits like a cornered, rabid, dog until they retreat in terror.
In reality, the Marriott group president for technology is making almost $5 million a year (per their 2019 10K) and probably isn't even aware that this problem exists
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:52 pm

Lifetime Platinum

Hit LTP on my mom’s account by accident by hitting both Marriott SUBs. She was Platinum previously and qualifying for LTP somehow ticked her platinum years up to 11.

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Platinum year #10 shows on the app tonight and I don't know what triggered it (should have happened a year or so ago).

I'll check the desktop computer tomorrow to see if it's showing there as well. Have plenty of nights for lifetime Platinum, was just waiting for year #10 to show up.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Platinum year #10 shows on the app tonight and I don't know what triggered it (should have happened a year or so ago).

I'll check the desktop computer tomorrow to see if it's showing there as well. Have plenty of nights for lifetime Platinum, was just waiting for year #10 to show up.
Seems Marriott IT updated years counter. my LTP counter gone up as well. Hope they do not change the criteria for LTP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.