Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I wanted to find out when the missing year that was added was earned so I sent a question regarding this most likely nobody knows. The reason why I asked is that if the year was earned in 2018 or earlier I should be LTT and not LTP ...talk about IT loosing control of the code ...we will see if anything materialize
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
I wanted to find out when the missing year that was added was earned so I sent a question regarding this most likely nobody knows. The reason why I asked is that if the year was earned in 2018 or earlier I should be LTT and not LTP ...talk about IT loosing control of the code ...we will see if anything materialize
someone posted that Marriott responded with number of platinum years as of Dec 2018. Probably a good starting point to see if you qualified for LTT retroactively.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by myperks
someone posted that Marriott responded with number of platinum years as of Dec 2018. Probably a good starting point to see if you qualified for LTT retroactively.
That's what I did, i.e asking if the missing year was earned during or before 2018 OR if it was earned after 2018 OR if it in fact it corresponds to the complementary year related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
That's what I did, i.e asking if the missing year was earned during or before 2018 OR if it was earned after 2018 OR if it in fact it corresponds to the complementary year related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
LTT is as of Dec 2018 status years. So if Bonvoy gives you a number as of Dec 2018, then you would know if you should have gotten LTT. In addition, you then can roll that into years subsequent to that “baseline” year count. Anyways. Hope all turns out well and in your case since it’s 2021, you will be LTP even with the merger screwups.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott: Ambassador Elite
Is it normal to not be able to get a satisfaction survey or the ability to leave a review on the Marriott app/website? Even talking to Ambassador Service has been frustrating, they don't help with this and barely help with anything at all. Just non-commital answers and saying they'll read my complaints.

Also got this lovely response that isn't patronizing at all after asking if I can leave a review that's on the Marriott website or app.

Last edited by Chocobanana; Aug 11, 2021 at 12:12 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Chocobanana
Is it normal to not be able to get a satisfaction survey or the ability to leave a review on the Marriott app/website? Even talking to Ambassador Service has been frustrating, they don't help with this and barely help with anything at all. Just non-commital answers and saying they'll read my complaints.

Also got this lovely response that isn't patronizing at all after asking if I can leave a review that's on the Marriott website or app.
Marriott only allows you to leave surveys if they send you an email. And I haven't received a survey invitation so far this year.
samosa and xexs like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Originally Posted by vanabb
Just to update my own situation:

- Lifetime years are: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. 7 years in total; not including 2021.
- My '2020' lifetime year was updated in June 2021, only after crossing the 75-night threshold, on the same day as I as qualified for Titanium. There was no change at 50 nights.
- For my '2021' year I was informed this will be updated in February 2022.
Or at least I am assuming that the +1 year I received in June 2021 was the '2020' lifetime year that I was missing.

It is still not clear to me why I was issued +1 lifetime platinum years, this year, on the same day I passed 75 nights (Titanium), but not when hitting 50 nights. Was this +1 for 2020, 2021, or 2022?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanabb
Or at least I am assuming that the +1 year I received in June 2021 was the '2020' lifetime year that I was missing.

It is still not clear to me why I was issued +1 lifetime platinum years, this year, on the same day I passed 75 nights (Titanium), but not when hitting 50 nights. Was this +1 for 2020, 2021, or 2022?
That's the unexplainable part of this whole situation.

Marriott representatives, can you explain why earning Titanium status increases lifetime Platinum years, but earning Platinum status alone does not increase Platinum years?
SPN Lifer and ftrichard like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Chocobanana

From Karen you say?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
That's the unexplainable part of this whole situation.

Marriott representatives, can you explain why earning Titanium status increases lifetime Platinum years, but earning Platinum status alone does not increase Platinum years?
Easy - per the last few pages, if you reach the next status level, that triggers the update, if you renew, it doesn't. This is why we Ambassadors didn't get that year nor have a chance to trigger the update in the system.

For a Charlie Foxtrot like this heads would roll in an IT company..
SPN Lifer, X-ON, UA-NYC and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kaloz
Easy - per the last few pages, if you reach the next status level, that triggers the update, if you renew, it doesn't. This is why we Ambassadors didn't get that year nor have a chance to trigger the update in the system.

For a Charlie Foxtrot like this heads would roll in an IT company..
Yup - I got it. Loud and clear.

My point is to try to get the attention of someone at Marriott to maybe investigate a little further given this type of data point.

Clearly their system has a problem and this may be one clue to it.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by josephstern

My point is to try to get the attention of someone at Marriott to maybe investigate a little further given this type of data point.

A Sisyphean task, if ever there was one!
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
I have been lurking on this thread and am in the same situation as others here.
Marriott have confirmed I was at 5 years Platinum Lifetime in December 2018 and, although I have been Titanium in 2019, 2020 and now 2021 they insist all years have been added. Despite that I am stuck on 7 years total with no increment in 2021. I am still emailing but getting nowhere.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:43 am

The reps have now given me several different answers, very little empathy and a lot of confusion. Not much I can do I suppose.

What I don't fully understand is that I've done nothing wrong, I'm quite literally just trying to get to the bottom of what is a clear glitch on the Marriott side but yet the way I get treated is that I'm annoying them.
SPN Lifer and samosa like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by anyuser
I have been lurking on this thread and am in the same situation as others here.
Marriott have confirmed I was at 5 years Platinum Lifetime in December 2018 and, although I have been Titanium in 2019, 2020 and now 2021 they insist all years have been added. Despite that I am stuck on 7 years total with no increment in 2021. I am still emailing but getting nowhere.
based on the posts here, it seems about right. 2018 you are at 5 years. 2019 you are at 6 years, 2020 you are at 7 years. And if you didn’t increase in elite level, your 2021 year will credit in 2022. If you go from titanium to ambassador in 2021, it has been reported that the platinum year increase will be immediate. But don’t be surprised if Marriott’s accounting changes in 2022

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.