Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
So far I have been able to restrain myself to checking the app every 3-4 hours or so.
Six days later, nothing.

I've been Bonv°yed!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Six days later, nothing.

I've been Bonv°yed!
Agreed. The email basically just made things worse. Call attention to your problem, but don't fix it!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Zorak Don't get your hopes up - Marriott is sitting on multiple screenshots and pages of email proof from me that they've had sent to them since last summer, and the stick is still lodged so far up their posterior that it's affecting their ability to think and act.

Following this idiot update which fixed things for people with no problems and ignored those with problems, I now have two Ambassadors in North America and Europe looking into my catastrophe. The new deadline to get an answer/fix is Friday, August 6th. I'm optimistic - although it may very well be primal and survival-based optimism given how burned out and spent I am at this point.

khabah
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Same here.

It appears that many of us who have been trying to rectify this problem on our accounts directly and have discussed it on here are not being fixed as a result of this activity and I remain stubbornly on eight years LTP.

There are of course more pressing matters at hand and I have no emotional reaction to this. It's just a hotel loyalty programme after all and doesn't form the keystone of my life's activities especially these last 18 months. It is interesting to witness and - in some small way - be part of a major company's widespread and very public absence of competence.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:11 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Same here.

It appears that many of us who have been trying to rectify this problem on our accounts directly and have discussed it on here are not being fixed as a result of this activity and I remain stubbornly on eight years LTP.

There are of course more pressing matters at hand and I have no emotional reaction to this. It's just a hotel loyalty programme after all and doesn't form the keystone of my life's activities especially these last 18 months. It is interesting to witness and - in some small way - be part of a major company's widespread and very public absence of competence.
Truly this and truly a first world problem. My needle being stuck on nine for a couple of years didn’t even rate an “under review” email and it does feel like a canary in Bonvoy’s mine. Over in Hilton’s diggings, the credit in lieu of breakfast is sucking out the oxygen as these two programs race to the bottom.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Zorak
Update on my situation...

... when others reported receiving the email and seeing adjusted years, I was at first hopeful, then not as more days passed and I didn't see an increase in my lifetime years. Today I received an email thanking me for my patience and with a CS gesture of points but that unfortunately they had determined that my account was correct and I only have 3 years of Plat+ (vs. 4 years by my count)

However, I just realized either through foresight or dumb luck, I have saved all my Choice Benefits emails (I think someone else mentioned something like this upthread), and have replied with those PDFs. Will see how this plays out...
Six days later, nothing.

I've been Bonv°yed!
Originally Posted by khabah
Zorak Don't get your hopes up - Marriott is sitting on multiple screenshots and pages of email proof from me that they've had sent to them since last summer, and the stick is still lodged so far up their posterior that it's affecting their ability to think and act.

Following this idiot update which fixed things for people with no problems and ignored those with problems, I now have two Ambassadors in North America and Europe looking into my catastrophe. The new deadline to get an answer/fix is Friday, August 6th. I'm optimistic - although it may very well be primal and survival-based optimism given how burned out and spent I am at this point.

khabah
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Same here.

Originally Posted by Jailer
Truly this and truly a first world problem. My needle being stuck on nine for a couple of years didn’t even rate an “under review” email and it does feel like a canary in Bonvoy’s mine. Over in Hilton’s diggings, the credit in lieu of breakfast is sucking out the oxygen as these two programs race to the bottom.
Gosh you guys, this is nuts! It seems Marriott is purposely trying to irritate the people who were most vocal about their missing years (and probably made them finally do something about it)!

I got the email. I may have been updated. Not sure as it doesn’t affect me since I got LTT status 3 yrs ago. Very unfair!

Fingers crossed that you get your missing years before much more time elapses!
renila, SPN Lifer, bosman and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
Hyatt
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:40 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Did anyone get goodwill points for this issue?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:49 pm

My years haven't budged from 8 since 2019. I've been an LTG since then. Should have 10 and be an LTP now. I haven't seen any of these apologetic emails that some of you have been getting.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:39 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
FYI, I received a goodwill gesture over this. Not sure why… I just requested an audit of my lifetime Platinum years as I had a few “inorganic” Gold/Platinum/Platinum Premier years through the old RewardsPlus match.

They awarded me 5000 goodwill points. I don’t know why. I did not ask for compensation or even do anything to indicate any frustration. I simply requested they look into this and forgot about it. They even ended up finding a missing year for me.

This is weird because I have an open ticket from months ago about the flexible date function just completely not working in my app that is still not resolved. However, I was given these points due to the “long wait” for them to respond. I’m not complaining but I find it… unnecessary. I’m sure there are people on here far more deserving of compensation (and of a higher amount too) for this issue. Has anyone else received points?

Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:57 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by josephstern
Hyatt
Sounds like a plan, other than the added three hour round trip commute to one of my sites, two hours to another. Hyatt apparently has better taste than to locate in my spheres of commerce.
samosa likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Gosh you guys, this is nuts! It seems Marriott is purposely trying to irritate the people who were most vocal about their missing years (and probably made them finally do something about it)!

I got the email. I may have been updated. Not sure as it doesn’t affect me since I got LTT status 3 yrs ago. Very unfair!

Fingers crossed that you get your missing years before much more time elapses!
Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath 😄
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
However, I just realized either through foresight or dumb luck, I have saved all my Choice Benefits emails (I think someone else mentioned something like this upthread), and have replied with those PDFs. Will see how this plays out...
!!!!!

"Thank you again for your patience as we further reviewed your Lifetime qualifying years request. We have updated your account and it is now correct."

Totals have been updated!
renila, JohnneeO, SFOTerry and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

!!!!!

"Thank you again for your patience as we further reviewed your Lifetime qualifying years request. We have updated your account and it is now correct."

Totals have been updated!
Amazing!

So because my memory is foggy on this, were the Choice Benefits an SPG feature before the merger? I feel like they were. I just want some help for searching my email . . .
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by josephstern
So because my memory is foggy on this, were the Choice Benefits an SPG feature before the merger? I feel like they were. I just want some help for searching my email . . .
Yep -- for 2017 I have emails titled "You've Earned A New Benefit" and "Confirmation: You Have Chosen one Free Night Award"; the first was sent from the general [email protected] address, and the confirmation came from [email protected]

For 2018 I don't have the "earned" email saved but "Confirmation: You Have Selected Five Suite Night Awards" from [email protected]

Happy hunting!
josephstern likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.