FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1935186-marriott-lifetime-elite-status-general-discussion-master-thread.html)

ohmark Aug 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Lifetime platinum, now showing as lifetime platinum premier; Marriott website and app.

CCIE_Flyer Aug 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Ugh. status.marriott.com now makes the following claim:

Lifetime Status

When will my Lifetime status be reflected in my account?
Lifetime status should now be reflected correctly in your account. The only exception is for members who achieve Lifetime status by legacy requirements between August 18 and December 31, 2018. As previously stated, these members will receive notice of their updated Lifetime status in January 2019. For more information on this and other Elite Tiers & Benefits topics, please visit: FAQ ? Marriott Members

But the referenced FAQ still reads as follows:

IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.

Obviously the above are not "legacy requirements." Sure would be nice if Marriott would put someone in charge of PR who actually knows the nuances of the program they're posting about.

Just sayin.

swag Aug 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Lifetime status should now be reflected correctly in your account.
Nuance aside, mine is still not showing any LT status achieved. The app continues to show 701 nights, 14 years silver, and 10 years Plat, but still says "You are on your way to Lifetime Silver". The website shows the same nights total but that's all.

Is anyone else here still in this situation? Is it time to call, or will that be fruitless?

CCIE_Flyer Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by swag (Post 30126241)

Is anyone else here still in this situation? Is it time to call, or will that be fruitless?

Since they appear they appear to be declaring victory and withdrawing, it's probably time to call. Assuming you have the hold time tolerance, of course.

Saidoh Aug 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 30126222)
Ugh. status.marriott.com now makes the following claim:

Lifetime Status

Lifetime status should now be reflected correctly in your account. The only exception is for members who achieve Lifetime status by legacy requirements between August 18 and December 31, 2018. As previously stated, these members will receive notice of their updated Lifetime status in January 2019. For more information on this and other Elite Tiers & Benefits topics, please visit: FAQ ? Marriott Members

But the referenced FAQ still reads as follows:

IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.

Obviously the above are not "legacy requirements." Sure would be nice if Marriott would put someone in charge of PR who actually knows the nuances of the program they're posting about.

Just sayin.

The question right before it might be more helpful:

CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year. Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

CCIE_Flyer Aug 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Saidoh (Post 30126663)
"If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year."

Indeed! I either hadn't noticed that, or forgot about it. I easily hit the new criteria just based on legacy MR activity by Aug 18, so should already see LTPP, according to my read of this -- and that's certainly not the case!

So much for the claim that LT status should now be correctly reflected...

Edit: Then again, LTPP is clearly the unicorn, so may be excluded from this statement.

jeanie Aug 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by swag (Post 30126241)
Nuance aside, mine is still not showing any LT status achieved. The app continues to show 701 nights, 14 years silver, and 10 years Plat, but still says "You are on your way to Lifetime Silver". The website shows the same nights total but that's all.

I am in that situation as well. I am going to try to call on Saturday. I was LTP before August 18, and still show as LTP right now. I should be LTPP.

ellinj Aug 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Any official word on if we should hold off on merging accounts if we are still trying to earn LT status in the old MR method?

getagb Aug 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 30129258)
Any official word on if we should hold off on merging accounts if we are still trying to earn LT status in the old MR method?

Merging doesn’t make a difference for this.

CCIE_Flyer Aug 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 30129258)

Can you still see your LT points total? Besides the various issues with incorrect stays, nights, etc, the one issue is that after combining accounts you will (currently, at least) likely no longer have visibility into that tally (not that it isn't there lurking in the background somewhere).

RobUAIntl Aug 25, 2018 3:17 pm

My lifetime status is still wrong. Says I have 1134 lifetime nights, 13 years elite, and 11 years Platinum, but "you are on the way to Lifetime Silver Elite." Comical.

The years elite/platinum does not include this year where I earned platinum when my accounts were combined (44 YTD Marriott plus 28 SPG gives me 72 total for this year). I would expect (under normal circumstances) that when I crossed the 50 night threshold, I would receive email congratulating me for renewing Platinum and asking me to select my thank you gift. But I haven't heard anything and my years platinum has not increased.

I did contact Marriott via email and got a response in a couple of hours stating simply "For some of our members, your Platinum status may be displaying incorrectly in your account. Rest assured that you will still receive all the benefits your current status entitles you to during your stays."

I am correctly listed as Platinum, but why is it difficult to "rest assured" during this mess?

MileKing Aug 25, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm showing Lifetime Platinum on both the Marriott site and app. 849 nights and 14 years as Platinum according to both. (Don't have the lifetime points to qualify under legacy requirements. Although that total is no longer visible, it was about 1,195,000 lifetime points before August 18.) Thought my nights and years would qualify for LTPP now, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't understand why not. Whole situation is somewhat confusing.

ellinj Aug 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 30129294)
Can you still see your LT points total? Besides the various issues with incorrect stays, nights, etc, the one issue is that after combining accounts you will (currently, at least) likely no longer have visibility into that tally (not that it isn't there lurking in the background somewhere).

I can't see it now and I have not done the merging yet.

getagb Aug 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by MileKing (Post 30129901)
I'm showing Lifetime Platinum on both the Marriott site and app. 849 nights and 14 years as Platinum according to both. (Don't have the lifetime points to qualify under legacy requirements. Although that total is no longer visible, it was about 1,195,000 lifetime points before August 18.) Thought my nights and years would qualify for LTPP now, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't understand why not. Whole situation is somewhat confusing.

The Marriott site says that people who qualify via 750 nights and 10 years will be given LTPP in Jan 2019.

golfer727272 Aug 26, 2018 10:05 am

So after merging my Lifetime SPG platinum account over to MR my account shows a combined 1118 nights and 12 years at platinum.
That will make me LTPP as of Jan 2019 correct? but not before?