FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1935186-marriott-lifetime-elite-status-general-discussion-master-thread.html)

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 11:48 am

Need some expert advice

First of all, I want to thank so many of you throughout the years with your excellent advise and entertainment. As far as I can tell, there is no good solution to my problem other than staying 40 nights in a hotel. The Rewarding events was an invaluable tool that I did not use enough. I have 710 nights, 40 short of the lifetime platinum elite. Anybody got any bright ideas, I have both a buisness and personal marriot card. Have buisness and personal Starwood card.

Thank you guys again, you are great!

Antarius Aug 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ceber (Post 30144312)
First of all, I want to thank so many of you throughout the years with your excellent advise and entertainment. As far as I can tell, there is no good solution to my problem other than staying 40 nights in a hotel. The Rewarding events was an invaluable tool that I did not use enough. I have 710 nights, 40 short of the lifetime platinum elite. Anybody got any bright ideas, I have both a buisness and personal marriot card. Have buisness and personal Starwood card.

Does 710 include the night bonuses from the card?

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Does the 710 include both MR and SPG nights? Do you have ten years of Plat status?

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 12:50 pm

According to the marriot website I have ten years worth of plat, it says I am lifetime plat, currently a plat premier elite. 16 of my year to date stays, at 57 currently, are from one credit card, so I am expecting 15 more from the other. Not exactly sure how the two Starwood cards play in the stays situation. I just want to kick myself for being lazy and not doing more meetings, but that is water under the bride at this point.https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c8e200f935.png

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 12:51 pm

I have combined the SPG and Marriot accounts......think they are accurate

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm confused. Did you account show you as MR LTP in the legacy program, which should have required 750 nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points?

Are you LTP from SPG? Or did you just become LTP when you merged your accounts?

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 12:56 pm

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 12:58 pm

Lifetime plat on the merger of accounts

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Then you need to decide whether LTPP versus LTP (with probably some years of earning PP and getting the choice benefits) is worth the cost and inconvenience of 40 additional nights.

C17PSGR Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm

How many more nights do you expect to have this year absent a mattress run?

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Think I have 15 nights coming from other marriot cc, have about 5 nights already booked, basically I think I will be close, but no cigar, would probably need to do 20-30 mattress run. In the big picture I think Lpp is quite valuable, but seems overwhelming hard to deal with prior to the end of the year. Why I was hoping you guys had some magic up your sleeves.

OTPorBust Aug 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Didn’t read the aug 18 rewarding events change until after the 18th, my plan was to do some meetings, but that appears to be gone, with the exception if I can get 10 more nights under the new rules, despite having had two meetings under old rules

C17PSGR Aug 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by ceber (Post 30144716)
Didn’t read the aug 18 rewarding events change until after the 18th, my plan was to do some meetings, but that appears to be gone, with the exception if I can get 10 more nights under the new rules, despite having had two meetings under old rules

Well needing 10 days vs 40 days is a big difference. I'm assuming you can find a Fairfield in Portland for close to $100, maybe less if you play with dates or have a good corp rate. You'll actually have to check in though. 1000 for Plat Premier for life might be worth it, although the only real difference is (a) higher points earning and (b) perhaps better upgrade priority

bosman Aug 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by ceber (Post 30144312)
I have both a buisness and personal marriot card. Have buisness and personal Starwood card.

Are the Marriott cards the ones that give you 1 Elite Night per $3k spent? If so, how much can you run through them? Be sure to not include any December spending after your December statement close as that would post in January and be outside the December 31 window.

MSPeconomist Aug 29, 2018 1:43 pm

There is an aloft and a Sheraton near PDX. The latter has a lounge but the former should have free parking and also some good airport stay and park packages. This might be convenient if you have a trip or two scheduled from PDX.

You could also do a couple fun weekends in Eugene or in wine country. I don't know whether there are any Starriots along the coast of Oregon/Washington or in far northern California, but you might find an interesting place that's inexpensive.