Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:26 am

The lurkers - I've found them to be no help at all. I believe their presence here is only for optics. You will get the same level of response calling in talking to a CSR.
HHQX888 and anteater like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
What does this mean?

What is the difference between lifetime platinum counter and lifetime status achievement?
The counter evidentially does NOT represent what is says it does. One of my years was SPG, and I'm being told that while it counts as a ninth year on my counter that SPG and SPG merged years do NOT count towards lifetime status, but DO appear on your counter.

Also, despite the fact I provided screen shots from April and June 2020 showing my counter never increased the year as it should have, I was told it did. I am giving up on it at this point. I can't argue with a company who denies my provided documentation of proof took place. Marriott does not care, I knew that going in but it is obvious to me now more than before, it is what it is. I accept it. I got completely screwed over. I'm sure they are doing it to others as well.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarrSWAA
The counter evidentially does NOT represent what is says it does. One of my years was SPG, and I'm being told that while it counts as a ninth year on my counter that SPG and SPG merged years do NOT count towards lifetime status, but DO appear on your counter.

Also, despite the fact I provided screen shots from April and June 2020 showing my counter never increased the year as it should have, I was told it did. I am giving up on it at this point. I can't argue with a company who denies my provided documentation of proof took place. Marriott does not care, I knew that going in but it is obvious to me now more than before, it is what it is. I accept it. I got completely screwed over. I'm sure they are doing it to others as well.
So your lifetime counter could show that you've passed both the nights and the years requirements for lifetime status, and then you wouldn't actually get it? Is that what you're saying? Has that happened to anyone that you know of?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
So your lifetime counter could show that you've passed both the nights and the years requirements for lifetime status, and then you wouldn't actually get it? Is that what you're saying? Has that happened to anyone that you know of?
For me it stopped at 9 years on the counter and does not progress to the 10th year until I get all 10 years with Marriott directly, excluding SPG years. I was shocked to learn this today, but maybe that is on me for not understanding the program. I guess I'm am idiot looking down for the last two years seeing 9 years wondering why it had not moved. Now I know. I still believe its a glitch in their system but this was the answer after numerous calls etc.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
The lurkers - I've found them to be no help at all. I believe their presence here is only for optics.
And advertising/promotion of a commercial business. Which, as I suggested upthread, could be a potential FT TOS violation.
HHQX888 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
was told by CSR today that Marriott is only including SPG in lifetime platinum counter, but does NOT count them towards lifetime status achievement.

This could be the source of much of the issue...
This is incorrect. Many of my lifetime years are only with SPG, and they were carried over. The merger terms were explicit: SPG lifetime years count.
SPN Lifer and samosa like this.

Last edited by vanabb; Jul 30, 2021 at 10:16 am Reason: syntax
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanabb
This is incorrect. Many of my lifetime years are only with SPG, and they were carried over. The merger terms were explicit: SPG lifetime years count.
Agreed. I wouldn't have my 9 years without SPG years.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
was told by CSR today that Marriott is only including SPG in lifetime platinum counter, but does NOT count them towards lifetime status achievement.

This could be the source of much of the issue...
There are lots of posts in this forum reporting things MR CSRs have said that were just plain wrong, but this one may win the all time "Say what??" prize.

(To be clear, I'm scoffing at the CSR, not at the poster).
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Just got off the phone with the Ambassador line, and was repeatedly fed the following tripe:

"There is no reason why Marriott would have given members an extra elite year in July 2020. We do all of our sweeps and year additions in March or April, and in 2019, we gave you two extra years of activity to account for us extending your status. The next qualifying year you'll get will be for 2021 and that will be processed in March or April of 2022."

I...

I don't know. I don't know anymore. The words, they fail me.

I don't know if the Ambassador team is just so beyond broken, if they have direct orders to confuse us and chase us away, or if this is just...

I don't know anymore.

khabah

Last edited by hhoope01; Jul 30, 2021 at 12:26 pm Reason: Removed masked vulgar text per FT Rule 16.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by khabah
Just got off the phone with the Ambassador line, and was repeatedly fed the following tripe:

SNIP We do all of our sweeps and year additions in March or April, and in 2019, we gave you two extra years of activity to account for us extending your status. SNIP
In 2019? Before anyone had heard of Covid? Two extra years given to us in 2019 for extending our status some six months later after Covid had taken hold?

At best this soothsaying is witchcraft. Bonvoy Ambassadors sitting around a pile of jackal bones and crow entrails predicting an apocalypse as thunder cracks in the distance and coming up with a corporate policy to give everyone an extra year there and then. In 2019. Yeah, right.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by senyah
Anyone else see lifetime years go down? Just seen my plat count go down from 8 to 7.
so had given up on them, but saw an email earlier this week. Back to what I was expecting.

We were recently made aware that the number of qualifying years some of our members had earned toward Lifetime Elite Status was not displaying correctly in their accounts. We have taken steps to correct this mistake and wanted to let you know that your member account has been updated to correctly reflect the number of years of status
samosa likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I received the email but not sure if my silver/gold totals moved - have not been paying attention to them. Nights and Platinum years stayed the same.

Hit my 600th night with a stay a couple nights ago.

With a checkout on December 30, 2019, I went from Gold to Platinum and shortly thereafter my years moved from 8 to 9. If I understand correctly that was my 2020 year being credited immediately since I changed status tier. I had 50+ nights again last year, so this year - 2021 - is my 10th year as Platinum. Also when I check out tomorrow I will hit 50 nights for 2022 platinum - which will be my 11th year.

So if things work the way they claim, I will move to LT Platinum next February - unless I somehow make it to Titanium this year, at which point the years should move to 10 sooner. So practically it should all work out and since I have Platinum status, no issue - but still looks odd to see lifetime Gold even though I have crossed the LT Platinum threshold. Having a nice email from Marriott on the day I hit my 600th stay would be so much more appreciated.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Got an email saying that we were made aware....
My Platinum counter moved from 10 to 11....wonder if this is the year I should have been awarded in early 2019?...then I should be LTT and not LTP, since it was accumulated during 2018....or it is just the Covid-19 year....​​​
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
So I sent them a nice email stating, thank you for fixing my years but the numbers are not correct. I was platinum for the last 3 years not gold, and if you do the actual count you can see that. (edited cuz I realize I could have somehow magically stayed at marriott during lockdown)

Marriotts response: Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy customer care, While researching your Marriott Bonvoy account I have found that you are at the platinum elite level. If your are unable to view your status online, simply log out of your account and back in.

'
..., I surrender. You sir are the winner. I am the idiot of the year..
renila, samosa, senyah and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Update on my situation...

Originally Posted by Zorak
It's been 90+ business days now -- how long could this possibly take?
... when others reported receiving the email and seeing adjusted years, I was at first hopeful, then not as more days passed and I didn't see an increase in my lifetime years. Today I received an email thanking me for my patience and with a CS gesture of points but that unfortunately they had determined that my account was correct and I only have 3 years of Plat+ (vs. 4 years by my count)

However, I just realized either through foresight or dumb luck, I have saved all my Choice Benefits emails (I think someone else mentioned something like this upthread), and have replied with those PDFs. Will see how this plays out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.