FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1911847-marriott-com-website-bugs-glitches-outages.html)

RobUAIntl Aug 18, 2018 10:14 am

On Friday morning (yesterday), I tried again to create online access with the new Marriott rewards number they gave me. And this time it works. And everything looks like it is there -- points, history, reservations, etc. I copied all the info for my records. I then relinked with my SPG account and will stop touching the account until the system comes back up after the weekend.

Bill Brasky Aug 18, 2018 10:18 am

New Status

Is anyone seeing their new status and lifetime status? Or is it tomorrow?

Ive booked two reservations today and neither is showing in upcoming stays.

MasterGeek Aug 18, 2018 10:21 am

Any pricing glitches to take advantage of ?

RogerD408 Aug 18, 2018 10:26 am

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl (Post 30097370)
On Friday morning (yesterday), I tried again to create online access with the new Marriott rewards number they gave me. And this time it works. And everything looks like it is there -- points, history, reservations, etc. I copied all the info for my records. I then relinked with my SPG account and will stop touching the account until the system comes back up after the weekend.

The linking of your accounts was not needed. That only allowed got you matched status and the ability to transfer points. You should be getting instructions on how to "combine" (is the word they are using now) your accounts to put all your points/nights/history into one account sometime during the week. Until then, if you need to book a room, use the account with the highest status. If you are due a higher status once the accounts are combined, the suggestion is to do that at least three days before your stay so the rez reflects the bump.

It's strange that they required you to get a new MR number, but if it's working, time to move on.

bobby21 Aug 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Made 2 reservations today but no confirm email. Now cannot even see the reservations online.

pantanal Aug 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Starwood card points have still not posted to the Marriott account. Statement closed Aug 4.

KRSW Aug 22, 2018 9:32 pm

I've been trying to make reservations throughout the day with modest success. Still getting "

Unable to Sign In

This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later"

Of course, status.marriott.com is still showing:

"Systems Are Online

Reservations, members accounts, and other major systems functionality are all up and running at this time."

So... I guess this is the new normal.

Kacee Aug 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW (Post 30118166)
I've been trying to make reservations throughout the day with modest success.

I found the Marriott App most likely to work for new bookings.

Originally Posted by pantanal (Post 30117883)
Starwood card points have still not posted to the Marriott account. Statement closed Aug 4.

lol if that's your biggest issue you are extremely fortunate. That's so far down my list I barely consider it an issue.

EuropeanPete Aug 23, 2018 7:58 am

The profile merge has seen my country of residence moved to Afghanistan. Nonetheless, Marriott.com continues to try really hard to sell me their US credit card which I would not be eligible if I lived in Afghanistan and which I am not eligible for as I live in another non-US country.

I really hope I don't see a credit card advert for a card I'd love but I'm not allowed every day for the next few years.

barb64 Aug 24, 2018 7:32 am

I was able to merge accounts (SPG and Marriott) and my points and nights rolled over within minutes. My reservations are in my account and the only issue I have now are missing stays from a few weeks ago but there is a mention that they are behind with that and it will show up eventually.

Eujeanie Aug 24, 2018 8:23 am

Well I tried merging my accounts last night. I thought everything was fine - I was given a new number, and my Starwood points were tripled and added to my Marriott points correctly.

Today I try to sign in with the new number and my old password, and I'm told one or the other is incorrect.

So then I tried to sign in with my e-mail address (which is what I always used to sign in with) and my old password, and I get the message "Unable to Sign In".

What now?

RogerD408 Aug 24, 2018 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 30124514)
Well I tried merging my accounts last night. I thought everything was fine - I was given a new number, and my Starwood points were tripled and added to my Marriott points correctly.

Today I try to sign in with the new number and my old password, and I'm told one or the other is incorrect.

So then I tried to sign in with my e-mail address (which is what I always used to sign in with) and my old password, and I get the message "Unable to Sign In".

What now?

Which account were you in when you did the combination? If you we in your MR account and completed the combination, your SPG account should be gone. Use your MR credentials to see what's there.

Eujeanie Aug 24, 2018 8:43 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30124549)
Which account were you in when you did the combination? If you we in your MR account and completed the combination, your SPG account should be gone. Use your MR credentials to see what's there.

Well isn't that bizarre. I just went to spg, used my e-mail and my old password, and got in right away, points there, reservations there, looks like the Marriott home page but it's the spg purple - so I must have been on spg when I did the switch.

But I thought spg was "gone"?

I'm so confused.

But thanks for guiding me to be able to get into my account!

RogerD408 Aug 24, 2018 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 30124617)
Well isn't that bizarre. I just went to spg, used my e-mail and my old password, and got in right away, points there, reservations there, looks like the Marriott home page but it's the spg purple - so I must have been on spg when I did the switch.

But I thought spg was "gone"?

I'm so confused.

But thanks for guiding me to be able to get into my account!

Technically, yes, spg.com is gone. They have created different skins (mostly color schemes) for the different programs, I guess to provide a subtle difference for the users. Since users can go either direction, that will remain for now, but I suspect once they choose a proper name for the new program it will move to being a single skin.

MDtR-Chicago Aug 24, 2018 9:41 am

Can't book same night reservation after midnight?

My recollection pre-merger is that you could make a same night reservation until something like 2am on the old website? I had a frustrated call from my wife this week, who was suddenly stranded at an east coast airport due to a storm. I went on the Marriott site at 11:59pm, started to make a reservation, and suddenly at 12:01am every hotel showed "Unavailable"... it would still let me do the search but showed nothing bookable.

Rather than deal with it, I just made the booking with IHG, who was happy to take the money.