Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I had a good laugh when I saw the "coffee + pastry" sign at the Starbucks in December. Full breakfast for our most loyal Bonvoy members!
At least internationally things are better, for now.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Consider the Westin Hapuna Beach on the Big Island. Full breakfast feast remains and it remains a cat 6 after the devals. Wialea has been our favorite neighbor island Marriott for years, but the value proposition keeps declining
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by cmculp
Consider the Westin Hapuna Beach on the Big Island. Full breakfast feast remains and it remains a cat 6 after the devals. Wialea has been our favorite neighbor island Marriott for years, but the value proposition keeps declining

Good point
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Any data on getting upgraded to a better room (Titanium) if redeeming points for five nights?

We don’t mind paying some cash to make it happen.

I actually prefer Starbucks over the full buffet. All I need in the morning is a good cup of coffee and a croissant. My daughter is going to want something else but we will probably take her out to eat in the morning or stock some cereal in the roomz
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Any data on getting upgraded to a better room (Titanium) if redeeming points for five nights?

We don’t mind paying some cash to make it happen.

I actually prefer Starbucks over the full buffet. All I need in the morning is a good cup of coffee and a croissant. My daughter is going to want something else but we will probably take her out to eat in the morning or stock some cereal in the roomz
We used 5 SNAs to upgrade last summer and got a 1 bedroom garden suite. We opted for other, higher-end (ocean view) options but did not get them. I'm not sure if it's because of the time of year we went or because we also needed a connecting room for the kids. But the suite worked out well for us as we needed space more than a great view.

There are plenty of breakfast options that you can keep in your room for your daughter from the market across the parking lot in the shops at Wailea. We regularly got muffins, fruit, etc. there to have when the kids first woke up. They also have plenty of hot options if you prefer not to dine onsite. (I remember liking their burgers in particular.) And, of course, there a regular restaurants as well. Enjoy your stay!!

ETA: LTT at the time

Last edited by wanderlust99; Mar 6, 2020 at 2:38 pm Reason: add status
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:52 pm

SNA?

Does this hotel accept SNAs?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:01 pm

They did last summer.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Southwest ALP & CP, HH Diamond, UA Silver
They do accept SNAs for a number of different categories, but historically there is a pretty slim chance of the SNA getting cleared. The front desk is more than willing to offer paid upgrades for available rooms though.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
I just received this disappointing news in a 'welcome e-mail' from the Wailea Marriott.

"Please know that on July 6, 2020, our cancellation policy returns to 21 days prior to arrival."

With all of the uncertainty of the Covid-19 situation, how can one be certain of one's travel plans nowadays. I might need to look elsewhere on Maui for my August (hopefully) trip.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Grail
I just received this disappointing news in a 'welcome e-mail' from the Wailea Marriott.

"Please know that on July 6, 2020, our cancellation policy returns to 21 days prior to arrival."

With all of the uncertainty of the Covid-19 situation, how can one be certain of one's travel plans nowadays. I might need to look elsewhere on Maui for my August (hopefully) trip.
Sucks just plain sucks that any property these days reverts back to this $^$^%^%$ But then this property is not what it use to be let alone a true Marriott. But then even Marriott is not the same since Sorensen and 'equity capital" took control. I would look elsewhere and let the property and Marriott know.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'll be cancelling my Sep reservation as well, but actually appreciated that e-mail from the property. They could have been sneaky and just changed the policy without notifying everyone.

edgewood49, I'm not sure what you mean by saying the property isn't what it used to be or isn't a "true Marriott". I've been staying there for decades, and my stay last year was as wonderful as all the rest. What changes have you seen?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Grail

I cancelled late August trip. Too much uncertainty as restrictions could be rolled back last minute rendering a 21 day cancellation policy a deal breaker.

Sitting on a “long haul” from East Coast doesn’t help make Hawaii an attractive destination at the moment.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I'll be cancelling my Sep reservation as well, but actually appreciated that e-mail from the property. They could have been sneaky and just changed the policy without notifying everyone.

edgewood49, I'm not sure what you mean by saying the property isn't what it used to be or isn't a "true Marriott". I've been staying there for decades, and my stay last year was as wonderful as all the rest. What changes have you seen?
I was referring to the current management after the extensive remodel the "old Aloha" is gone, its all about this bottom line all the little things that use to be there are gone and of course add on's increased. I too have been a visitor to the islands Maui in particular since the middle 70's as a businessman and guest. My company also was one of the contractors on the Andaz and Hyatt in Honolulu. So I have been exposed to the other side of hotel properties in the islands.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: None - previously UA
21 day cancel is ridiculous, what if you had confirmed positive Covid-19 exposure and was asked to isolate for a week?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
21 day cancel is ridiculous, what if you had confirmed positive Covid-19 exposure and was asked to isolate for a week?
Well, then I guess you'd lose some money? I'm not generally a free marketer or a pro-business rah-rah kind of guy, but asking the business to hold all the risk and placing no burden on the consumer seems a bit one-sided as well. If the property goes under, that doesn't exactly benefit the consumer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.