Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I was there a month ago. It is pastry+drink for elite member +1, or 1000 points per day.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I was there a month ago. It is pastry+drink for elite member +1, or 1000 points per day.
Are you sure that's not 1000 points per stay? That's what the rules provide.

And what a pathetic excuse for a breakfast benefit
margarita girl and UA-NYC like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

Ahh, but you also get a fruit cup! So it's a Starbucks beverage, pastry, and fruit cup for you +1! And, if you want, they will let you pay the difference to upgrade to another breakfast item (sandwich, etc.).

And agreed. It gets the job done (re: not starving) but it pales in comparison to breakfasts offered elsewhere.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:04 am

Yes, Kacee, it was 1000 points PER DAY which made the choice a little more palatable. Maybe that's just because I'm Ambassador, or maybe that's for all platinums and above--I'm not sure.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for clarifying the breakfast. Debating between Hyatt, Marriott, Ritz, or Westin for Christmas.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee

No worse than the Laylow
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Yes, Kacee, it was 1000 points PER DAY which made the choice a little more palatable. Maybe that's just because I'm Ambassador, or maybe that's for all platinums and above--I'm not sure.
1000 points is still only worth about $8, so 2X pastry & coffee will under most circumstances be the way to go.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
1000 points is still only worth about $8, so 2X pastry & coffee will under most circumstances be the way to go.
makes sense
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AS Peon
Staying here over Thanksgiving, and starting to get very excited for our first trip to Hawaii! Our stay starts in a week, is there anything I should be doing now to make sure we have the best stay possible? I'm Titanium Elite and have SNAs applied, not expecting much there though. I've been in contact with the concierge to help with a few small things. All our excursions are already booked, and no plans to use a cabana. Anything else?

I saw a DP on reddit of someone that was able to talk someone at the hotel into crediting them for proper breakfast at the hotel restaurant (not Starbucks) each day of their stay because of their Titanium Elite status, has this worked for anyone else? Breakfast is a necessity for me, so I'd definitely prefer that, but also really hate any kind of confrontation, even over email. I mentioned a full breakfast to the concierge a few weeks ago and they essentially ignored it, just responding to the rest of my email.

Last edited by emag_eh7; Nov 20, 2019 at 9:42 am Reason: typos
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by emag_eh7
Staying here over Thanksgiving, and starting to get very excited for our first trip to Hawaii! Our stay starts in a week, is there anything I should be doing now to make sure we have the best stay possible? I'm Titanium Elite and have SNAs applied, not expecting much there though. I've been in contact with the concierge to help with a few small things. All our excursions are already booked, and no plans to use a cabana. Anything else?

I saw a DP on reddit of someone that was able to talk someone at the hotel into crediting them for proper breakfast at the hotel restaurant (not Starbucks) each day of their stay because of their Titanium Elite status, has this worked for anyone else? Breakfast is a necessity for me, so I'd definitely prefer that, but also really hate any kind of confrontation, even over email. I mentioned a full breakfast to the concierge a few weeks ago and they essentially ignored it, just responding to the rest of my email.
I doubt you'll get much traction other than what we all have reported. Walk over to the shopping center restaurants closer to major hotels are doing better these days with the decreased value on status.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:57 pm

I also recommend breakfast at the Whale's Tale beachfront shack. It is part of the resort, so you can charge to your room. They have a limited but delicious menu with (by Hawaii resort standards) reasonable prices. You can also sit right there by the ocean to enjoy the food.
emag_eh7 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:51 am

I also recommend breakfast at the Whale's Tale beachfront shack. It is part of the resort, so you can charge to your room. They have a limited but delicious menu with (by Hawaii resort standards) reasonable prices. You can also sit right there by the ocean to enjoy the food.
Good point
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:13 pm

I have a 5 night points stay here next year for Spring Break. My parents are staying at the Residence Inn 5 minutes away. Just wondering if they will have a problem joining us at the pool/beach some of the days. Is there a wristband system or anything? Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Southwest Companion
Originally Posted by Amy28
I have a 5 night points stay here next year for Spring Break. My parents are staying at the Residence Inn 5 minutes away. Just wondering if they will have a problem joining us at the pool/beach some of the days. Is there a wristband system or anything? Thanks.
No wristband system that I recall, but you might have to be strategic about parking if they plan to drive to you...my recollection from our stay last year is that the options were valet or the parking structure that I believe was accessed with the room key. And I believe parking at the shopping center next door is time limited. Others may be able to speak to this.

As an aside, in the commercial center next to the RI, we had excellent massages through Maui Deep Tissue Massage. And Monkeypod just up the street from the RI was also great (make a reservation if you plan to eat there).
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:55 pm

There is indeed a wristband system for the pools, and they are pretty vigilant about checking for them around the pool areas. If you can put their names on your room reservation (so list four names even though only two of you are staying there) then they'll be fine.

Ellvizzle has the parking situation correct. They won't have to worry about any parking time limits at the adjacent Shops at Wailea, but depending on how mobile your parents are, they may not appreciate the somewhat long walk (which is up a decently steep hill).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.