Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:50 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by gbongc
I just stayed at the WBR this past weekend as Platinum. The standard room was not available, but the next category up was (partial ocean view King room) for 50k + $10. I tried to apply SNA to no avail, so I emailed them asking if this was a technical error. After 2 days, there was no response from the hotel. Around 5 days before my stay, the hotel also emailed me to confirm my reservation, and I responded, asking them about the SNA.

I hope this helps!
This is an issue that has had my jaw locked for sometime. If you look around the US and internationally properties that "accept" SNA's are slim to none. Take London if you want to stay at a very old tired Marriott you can use them if you want to stay somewhere within each walking distance or has some history to it forget it. Not sure about others but I leave most on the table every year. Arnie should give his award back.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We arrive later this month for a two night stay before two weeks at the Maui Ocean Club. Reservation wouldn't allow SNA's. Titanium line couldn't help. Property said it wasn't them. Oh well, we reserved ocean front on Bonvoy. Great way to start our time on Maui. We were there last Feb and loved the place.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We arrive later this month for a two night stay before two weeks at the Maui Ocean Club. Reservation wouldn't allow SNA's. Titanium line couldn't help. Property said it wasn't them. Oh well, we reserved ocean front on Bonvoy. Great way to start our time on Maui. We were there last Feb and loved the place.
Please keep us posted and have a good flight over.
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass holder and A List Preferred. Marriott Platinum
Came back from there last week!

Had a great time, ocean front room which was beautiful. We did a few trips like road to Hana (twice) and Haleakala but when going back we are going to just stay in resort, everything is there.

Have fun!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by ayande176

Had a great time, ocean front room which was beautiful. We did a few trips like road to Hana (twice) and Haleakala but when going back we are going to just stay in resort, everything is there.

Have fun!
thanks good to know.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by ayande176

Have fun!
Is the free introductory scuba diving still going on? I need a refresher.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Have any elites tried the "resort fee wifi replacement benefit" here? Curious what they offer, if anything, as a substitute for wifi since elites already receive it in their standard benefits.

Also, can somebody who recently stayed please post an updated description of everything the resort fee includes? It looks like the one in the wiki is several years out of date

"Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property’s discretion."
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-...ement-benefit/
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
LOL good luck - they will most likely stare at you cross-eyed. This is the same benefit that considers coffee + a muffin "breakfast".
Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Have any elites tried the "resort fee wifi replacement benefit" here? Curious what they offer, if anything, as a substitute for wifi since elites already receive it in their standard benefits.

Also, can somebody who recently stayed please post an updated description of everything the resort fee includes? It looks like the one in the wiki is several years out of date

"Participating Properties that have mandatory resort charges, which include internet access, will provide a replacement benefit, to be determined at each Participating Property’s discretion."
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-...ement-benefit/
Key Word to be determined at each participating property's discretion
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Key Word to be determined at each participating property's discretion
Yup - I’m aware of what the policy says, which is why I said “if anything” in my original post. I am wondering if this property chooses to offer anything, and if so, what do they offer
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Yup - I’m aware of what the policy says, which is why I said “if anything” in my original post. I am wondering if this property chooses to offer anything, and if so, what do they offer
It has a dismal record of offering anything worth writing home about. Having said that with all that is happening maybe they will be a little accommodating.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass holder and A List Preferred. Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Is the free introductory scuba diving still going on? I need a refresher.

Yeah P2 is pregnant so didn't;t do it. But they have an activities stand that is fully functioning.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just booked a week here for May but it says that I can’t apply for SNA’s. Anyone face this issue? Can a hotel deny you even submitting for an upgrade request via SNA’s?’
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
Just booked a week here for May but it says that I can’t apply for SNA’s. Anyone face this issue? Can a hotel deny you even submitting for an upgrade request via SNA’s?’
I'm having the same issue with an April stay. I recall reading a few pages back in the thread (or might have been another Maui thread in the Marriott forum) that this hotel seems to have opted-out of participating in the SNA program so I didn't bother to push it any further with customer support or the property directly. The fact that individual properties can do this is yet another reason why these SNAs are useless.

From the Marriott SNA page (emphasis mine): "Not all hotels participate in Suite Night Awards. Suite Night Awards are not redeemable at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, EDITION, Protea Hotels, Aloft, Element, Design Hotels™, all-Suite Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, ExecuStay, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club properties and Vistana properties. In addition, Suite Night Awards are not redeemable at select Participating Properties. Contact Member Support for individual participating property Suite Night Award participation."https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/suite-night-awards.mi
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Wow... that’s sad. Never had these issues in the pre-Bonvoy days. Didn’t even know a property could opt out of accepting SNA’s. That really does diminish the value of these SNA’s... almost worthless if many of the top hotels don’t accept them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.