Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Southwest ALP & CP, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thanks for the thorough and detailed reply, Jailer. Definitely seems like a one off and probably not enough to completely make up for the prior experience, but a very nice upgrade nonetheless! Thanks again for the response!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:30 pm

New Year's

We stayed here for 5 nights over NYE. Our SNAs did not clear and we were given a room in the back of the tower next to the loading area. This was incredibly noisy and the constant movement of chairs at 6am was most unwelcome. They moved us after a couple of nights but I would definitely not risk this situation again and book the right category from the start. The second room also had issues but it was a low-rise so much better with how many chairs moving and not as early. I wonder why they don't put felt or some type of pads on the chairs to solve the issue? Anyhow, the resort itself was good and we liked the water slide.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by spellbound2
We stayed here for 5 nights over NYE. Our SNAs did not clear and we were given a room in the back of the tower next to the loading area. This was incredibly noisy and the constant movement of chairs at 6am was most unwelcome. They moved us after a couple of nights but I would definitely not risk this situation again and book the right category from the start. The second room also had issues but it was a low-rise so much better with how many chairs moving and not as early. I wonder why they don't put felt or some type of pads on the chairs to solve the issue? Anyhow, the resort itself was good and we liked the water slide.
That is something we experienced years ago which we made the same decision booking the type of room from the beginning so as not to worry all the way across the ocean at the end of the day makes for a better start to a vacation
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:59 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by edgewood49
That is something we experienced years ago which we made the same decision booking the type of room from the beginning so as not to worry all the way across the ocean at the end of the day makes for a better start to a vacation
An old FT truism: Book what you need and ask for you want.
CPH-Flyer and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:34 am

When we went in July, the resort was sold out and we were happy we had booked w/ points + cash upgrade. All things considered, it was still $1k for 5 nights on points + the upgrade because of the ridiculous parking fees. I don't mind paying a resort fee, but I do mind paying for parking in places that have ample parking...
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by dayone
An old FT truism: Book what you need and ask for you want.

Always seems t work
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Gave the Starbucks as shot for my morning coffee run as my usual go-to CB&TL in the mall has sadly closed. Big mistake - took forever, $18 for three drinks (one of which was a drip coffee). Insult to injury, they take the Starbucks card but of course can't redeem points here, where it would be an outsized value.

New Akamai coffee location just up the hill is quite good ^
Well, this time my experience was completely different. Finished my 7 night stay on points this past January 2nd, and first of all, I was NOT charged for the Resort Fees. Of course, that made me happy. Also, although they did not have 2 queen bed rooms, this time they gave me a room overlooking the Luau/Kids Pool instead of the Garden in the tall tower. Second win on a sold out hotel for mega high season. Finally, the Starbucks upgraded beverages via the Continental Breakfast tickets worked perfectly when asking for a Venti Coffee/Latte and paying with the app. Anything else was solved at the Deli Market. Great stay at this property, which I consider to be the best of the 5 hotels in the Wailea Ocean Front path.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:52 pm

happy for you!

quick question- how did you get out of the resort fees? that's awesome!!

Originally Posted by carlitos
Well, this time my experience was completely different. Finished my 7 night stay on points this past January 2nd, and first of all, I was NOT charged for the Resort Fees. Of course, that made me happy. Also, although they did not have 2 queen bed rooms, this time they gave me a room overlooking the Luau/Kids Pool instead of the Garden in the tall tower. Second win on a sold out hotel for mega high season. Finally, the Starbucks upgraded beverages via the Continental Breakfast tickets worked perfectly when asking for a Venti Coffee/Latte and paying with the app. Anything else was solved at the Deli Market. Great stay at this property, which I consider to be the best of the 5 hotels in the Wailea Ocean Front path.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by spellbound2
quick question- how did you get out of the resort fees? that's awesome!!
I wish I knew, but my end bill just did not include the charge. They left the bill bellow my room door. The weird thing is that my reservation at Marriott.com did include the $315 Usd in Resort Fees for the entire week. I actually thought Marriott had gone the Hilton and Hyatt way starting 01/01/2020 and just removing them from everyone's award bookings.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:27 pm

Was getting ready to book a week over Christmas using points when the option disappeared! Looks like they have very limited availability then for points stays, and someone beat me to it by seconds.

Anyone have experience regarding how frequently the availability during peak weeks changes? I’m wondering if it’s worth it to keep checking in to see if something becomes available or whether that’s not likely.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by bomax
Was getting ready to book a week over Christmas using points when the option disappeared! Looks like they have very limited availability then for points stays, and someone beat me to it by seconds.

Anyone have experience regarding how frequently the availability during peak weeks changes? I’m wondering if it’s worth it to keep checking in to see if something becomes available or whether that’s not likely.
Keep checking but have a backup
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:00 am

Is the breakfast situation for LFT titanium elite still the Starbucks coffee and pastry package?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by kaw753
Is the breakfast situation for LFT titanium elite still the Starbucks coffee and pastry package?
That it appears to be. Short walk to the mall
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:13 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Does anyone happen to have an email address for the GM (or other senior folks) at this hotel?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I had a good laugh when I saw the "coffee + pastry" sign at the Starbucks in December. Full breakfast for our most loyal Bonvoy members!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.