Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:07 pm

Does anybody know if this hotel has a lounge that Platinum can access to?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
It does not.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Does anybody know if this hotel has a lounge that Platinum can access to?
Resorts generally do not.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
It does not.

Thanks I have a staff member who was booked into Waikiki when he told me I checked and his hotel was one being picketed told him to switch to Maui and the Marriott Wailea So thank you again
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Just got back from our stay here a week and a half ago. I never received the pre trip email but can confirm we received vouchers for breakfast. We used ours at the Starbucks for lattes and mochas (that is, speciality coffee are included in the voucher) and sometimes we substituted the pastry of the day with a different pastry (we aren’t sweets fans but the plain croissants are good for us warmed up). Did not push our luck if we could substitute for something more healthy.

One good thing - although they did not waive our resort fee, they did waive daily parking. I did point out to them it was not on our bill when we checked out as they never asked at check in if we had a car and she was surprised they did not charge us and then when she looked closer and saw I was Platimum Premier, she said she was happy to waive it for me as a Platinum Premier. YMMV
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
The STARBUCKS breakfast is an embarrassment. I don’t drink coffee or tea yet that are the only choices. Also being forced to have a sweet pastry for breakfast Ievery day with mo other options is ludicrous and not healthy. The only other time that I saw this was at a 4P which had no other restaurant options nearby and was understandable but at a hotel of this calibre is not acceptable. Luckily there are other restantants close by (offsite) where one can get a good breakfast for a reasonable price.
Thomas Foti is the general manager of this stingy property and you can email him to complain about this insulting Platinum Elite breakfast by email with the address format [email protected]
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Well, considering the property is Sold Out for the end of the year holidays, and that I was able to book 7 nights and finally attached an Old TP to it (changed to a new one, of course), I will not complain about the breakfast option I am entitled as a Platinum with MR earned organically.
As a matter of fact, I did receive an email from someone at guest services offering me 1,000 points per night or the Starbucks breakfast option with fruit, pastry and coffee. Of course I took that option by emailing him back.
I was there in February of this year on another TP, but for 5 nights, and there was NO breakfast option offered. So I had great breakfasts by walking to the parking lot of the mall and into the convenience store that has cook to order breakfasts. We will be doing the same for breakfast next week.
How can I complain to the manager if the archaic Revenue Management system of Marriott allowed me to book a 7 night room from another FTer that cancelled a couple of his many reservations (yes, you can have many when the system does not ask you to have the points in your account, em I right?), and instead of closing the reward nights availability (Hotel was selling premium rooms only at the time of booking it at above $1,000 a night), it went back into the pool and availability. So I took it and months later attached the TP. Love the loopholes we find here at Flyertalk.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:41 pm

Jeez, I came here to check for any useful information on the property and it's just pages upon pages of people B!tching about Starbucks breakfast not being good. Rooms are going for $800/night and people are outraged by their cheapo complimentary breakfast not being good enough? Just pony up the $5-10 to grab something better from the market across the street.

I get being disappointed by a lack of perks from Platinum status at this property, but the sense of entitlement is hilarious.
DJ_Iceman and carlitos like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsl_313
Jeez, I came here to check for any useful information on the property and it's just pages upon pages of people B!tching about Starbucks breakfast not being good. Rooms are going for $800/night and people are outraged by their cheapo complimentary breakfast not being good enough? Just pony up the $5-10 to grab something better from the market across the street.

I get being disappointed by a lack of perks from Platinum status at this property, but the sense of entitlement is hilarious.
The breakfast is an adverised benefit of platinum status. How does wanting what was advertised qualify as entitlement?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
So just to clarify, the advertised Platinum breakfast that this hotel gives out is a cup of coffee and a pastry?

It sounds like you were able to make the coffee a specialty coffee too? Also, you get this as a platinum + 1, so that should be 2 cups of coffee and 2 croissants?

Finally, did they give another option, such as $10 off breakfast in the restaurant as an amenity option? From the post above it says they were offered

Originally Posted by skw1
​​​​​​
1000 Marriott Rewards Points per day or 2 Continental Breakfast Vouchers per day?
(Breakfast Vouchers to be used at Starbucks or Whale’s Tale. Breakfast items include: coffee, tea, juice, hot cocoa, or milk, with a fruit cup, and a pastry of the day)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by carlitos
Well, considering the property is Sold Out for the end of the year holidays, and that I was able to book 7 nights and finally attached an Old TP to it (changed to a new one, of course), I will not complain about the breakfast option I am entitled as a Platinum with MR earned organically.
As a matter of fact, I did receive an email from someone at guest services offering me 1,000 points per night or the Starbucks breakfast option with fruit, pastry and coffee. Of course I took that option by emailing him back.
I was there in February of this year on another TP, but for 5 nights, and there was NO breakfast option offered. So I had great breakfasts by walking to the parking lot of the mall and into the convenience store that has cook to order breakfasts. We will be doing the same for breakfast next week.
How can I complain to the manager if the archaic Revenue Management system of Marriott allowed me to book a 7 night room from another FTer that cancelled a couple of his many reservations (yes, you can have many when the system does not ask you to have the points in your account, em I right?), and instead of closing the reward nights availability (Hotel was selling premium rooms only at the time of booking it at above $1,000 a night), it went back into the pool and availability. So I took it and months later attached the TP. Love the loopholes we find here at Flyertalk.

Successful people don't merely accept what is given to them, they ask and work for more.

In my case, I got more by contacting Thomas Foti, the general manager of this stingy property and you can email him to complain about this insulting Platinum Elite breakfast by email with the address format [email protected]
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek

Successful people don't merely accept what is given to them, they ask and work for more.

In my case, I got more by contacting Thomas Foti, the general manager of this stingy property and you can email him to complain about this insulting Platinum Elite breakfast by email with the address format [email protected]

That is the best way along with a friendly call to your PLT P desk
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
The breakfast is an adverised benefit of platinum status. How does wanting what was advertised qualify as entitlement?
There's no guarantee with platinum status that you'll have a huge breakfast spread included with your stay at every resort under the Marriott brand. It sounds like there's some decent history of this property not offering anything great, so it's kind of ridiculous to book at a property with this known "issue" and then complain about it. Included breakfast is a nice perk sometimes when I travel, but it's pretty much on the bottom of my list of reasons to stay at a particular hotel. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape because the hotel doesn't offer something to my standards.

Originally Posted by MasterGeek

Lol what a pretentious thing to say. Are we talking about careers or enjoying a vacation?

Conversely you could say that successful people don't give their mental energy to something that is not going to have a significant impact on their experience or happiness. If you want to get upset and go back and forth via email with the hotel manager or wait on the phone for a few breakfast vouchers or extra Starbucks credit, more power to you. Personally I'd rather explore and try something local than eat a hotel breakfast every day, but that's just me.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended

There's no guarantee with platinum status that you'll have a huge breakfast spread included with your stay at every resort under the Marriott brand. It sounds like there's some decent history of this property not offering anything great, so it's kind of ridiculous to book at a property with this known "issue" and then complain about it. Included breakfast is a nice perk sometimes when I travel, but it's pretty much on the bottom of my list of reasons to stay at a particular hotel. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape because the hotel doesn't offer something to my standards.

Lol what a pretentious thing to say. Are we talking about careers or enjoying a vacation?

Conversely you could say that successful people don't give their mental energy to something that is not going to have a significant impact on their experience or happiness. If you want to get upset and go back and forth via email with the hotel manager or wait on the phone for a few breakfast vouchers or extra Starbucks credit, more power to you. Personally I'd rather explore and try something local than eat a hotel breakfast every day, but that's just me.
Do you realize that not everyone who travels to Hawaii is wealthy? Some people have to make significant sacrifices to afford a trip to Hawaii. And yes, having to spend additional money on a breakfast could be a big deal for some.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Do you realize that not everyone who travels to Hawaii is wealthy? Some people have to make significant sacrifices to afford a trip to Hawaii. And yes, having to spend additional money on a breakfast could be a big deal for some.

I agree and I can afford to travel to Hawaii however that is not the point, The point is Marriott in their enticing loyalty to travelers makes certain promises one of them is breakfast or a coupon for a discounted full breakfast. The problem is Marriott like some many of the other flags are scared ........ if they come down on the property owners they might bolt to another flag. It's sad that Willard or Bill are not in control anymore the current management is solely interested in the number of beds that have system wide and how much they can return to their masters ( equity capital). Disclaimer I am involved in the industry.

It's sad but their all the same these days.

Happy Holidays to all and Travel Safe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.