FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:15 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I'll be cancelling my Sep reservation as well, but actually appreciated that e-mail from the property. They could have been sneaky and just changed the policy without notifying everyone.

edgewood49, I'm not sure what you mean by saying the property isn't what it used to be or isn't a "true Marriott". I've been staying there for decades, and my stay last year was as wonderful as all the rest. What changes have you seen?
I was referring to the current management after the extensive remodel the "old Aloha" is gone, its all about this bottom line all the little things that use to be there are gone and of course add on's increased. I too have been a visitor to the islands Maui in particular since the middle 70's as a businessman and guest. My company also was one of the contractors on the Andaz and Hyatt in Honolulu. So I have been exposed to the other side of hotel properties in the islands.