Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF discussions

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
]
I figured it was "proof" that the lower rate was out there with the same cancellation etc... Plus when I was reading the claim form it seemed to indicate that if it was a Travel Agent site it had to be booked to do the claim.
You don't have to book the rate on the competing website, but Marriott LNF needs to be able to sight the competing rate when they attempt to find it before approving the claim.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
You don't have to book the rate on the competing website, but Marriott LNF needs to be able to sight the competing rate when they attempt to find it before approving the claim.
Well they have claimed they can't find the rate and have denied my claim. I have sent them the reservation information and asked why they can't verify the other site was cheaper when I booked it!

Of course the price has now gone up on Expedia, but it's still lower then Marriott is showing!

If they continue to deny I will just go back to my original plans when mean Marriott doesn't get any of the money

It worked! But if I hadn't had the duplicate booking I would not have been successful!

Thanks! Will go figure out how to post the success in that thread!

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; May 13, 2015 at 11:20 am
Old May 13, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Well they have claimed they can't find the rate and have denied my claim. I have sent them the reservation information and asked why they can't verify the other site was cheaper when I booked it!

Of course the price has now gone up on Expedia, but it's still lower then Marriott is showing!

If they continue to deny I will just go back to my original plans when mean Marriott doesn't get any of the money

It worked! But if I hadn't had the duplicate booking I would not have been successful!

Thanks! Will go figure out how to post the success in that thread!
Did they approve your original lower rate or the newer lower rate?

Anyway congratulations !
Old May 13, 2015, 8:39 pm

Lightbulb

They gave me the original rate I found in Tuesday. That was the better deal the the rate posted on Expedia on Wednesday.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Another annoying experience with LNF

Filed a LNF - waited 22 hours and got this:

According to our review of your claim, we have determined that the nightly room rate with which your comparison was made is not less expensive than the rate you confirmed via an official Marriott reservation channel. The comparison rate you described in your claim is as follows:

October 25, is $167.16 equals 23,000 Japan Yen
October 26, is $175.12 equals 24,000 Japan Yen
October 27, is $206.97 equals 28,000 Japan Yen

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Double checked the exchange rate and they were so wrong - then the comparison rate changed to match Marriott's! It was over 24 hours when I found out

I filed another claim for the same hotel and still haven't heard from them - maybe they are trying to tell the hotel to remove the lower rate!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:28 pm

Interesting info

I filed a claim using a Europeon site. The rates on the site were inclusive of all taxes. Was declined because all taxes on US hotels are considered local taxes and are not included in rates on travel agencies outside U.S.

Never heard that excuse before. And yes they are taking longer to get back. A few months ago heard back within the hour. Recently within the 21 st hour.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Got shot down again - this time they just said the rate is the same as marriott.com - they completely ignored the fact about the fact about tax inclusive/exclusive.

It's from Shelly Baker - I don't think I got anything approved by her.

If I don't get this through I'm looking at alternatives apart from Marriott.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I filed a claim using a Europeon site. The rates on the site were inclusive of all taxes. Was declined because all taxes on US hotels are considered local taxes and are not included in rates on travel agencies outside U.S.

Never heard that excuse before. And yes they are taking longer to get back. A few months ago heard back within the hour. Recently within the 21 st hour.
yeah, taxes w/ non-US sites are a pain. There are a few which they accept as tax included but most they don't which can be an issue

Originally Posted by nacho
Got shot down again - this time they just said the rate is the same as marriott.com - they completely ignored the fact about the fact about tax inclusive/exclusive.

It's from Shelly Baker - I don't think I got anything approved by her.

If I don't get this through I'm looking at alternatives apart from Marriott.
Don't think we should name names here. To be honest, I don't keep track who is better at approving reasonable claim and who isn't. You can't choose anyways can you.
Having a few issues IMO does not invalidate the entire program and I think you and I have probably saved a TON of money using LNF ... just got 3 claims approved in the last 2 weeks.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update:

One claim rejected because in a small place at the T&C it states that guests are obliged to pay additional tax. Then LNF team sees it as "the VAT + service charge (22% of the room rate)" which is absolutely ridiculous IMO. I have booked through OTAs and I have never paid those taxes on spot - it's always included with the booking. Tokyo does have a JPY 200 tax for room sold at more than JPY 15000 per night.

Claim 2 got one night approved - claimed that the other 2 nights are more expenisve than marriott.com. Single night reservations are not available at Marriott.com but then the LNF staff invented a way to divide the comparison rate by 3 then calculate the total based on that. I really don't see that as fair.

I wrote back to both again quoting tax document from Tokyo metropolitan authority regarding the tax to one and one to ask why they break down the rate like that. I don't expect any good - guess what - they denied it once again!

Thank you for your additional inquiry regarding Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee.

We have reviewed this site extensively and have not found any conclusive evidence that specifically indicates that the rates presented include tax and fees, but rather that you accept the responsibility of any tax and fee associated with the booking.

Booking cost, including taxes, extra charges and fees will be charged by the Agent on the User’s bank card or transferred by the User by means of payment terminals or in cash into the Agent’s cash register as the Booking payment. By providing the bank card details, the User acknowledges that he or she has read the Booking conditions for the chosen Hotel and agrees with them.

The User agrees that pursuant to local legislation of some countries additional taxes may be charged (tourist tax etc.) and shall be paid by the User.

I ACCEPT THE OFFER TERMS AND CONFIRM THE FINAL BOOKING COST, INCLUDING ALL TAXES AND FEES.

We appreciate your additional inquiry and look forward to serving you in the future.
Wow - they must have gone to IHG and learned from them!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Having a few issues IMO does not invalidate the entire program and I think you and I have probably saved a TON of money using LNF ... just got 3 claims approved in the last 2 weeks.
I can accept that some issues but for this particular claim it has been PITA - it seems hotel specific. Some hotels are basically LNF proof - I can't get it no matter how I looked (I'm not the only one).

They deliberately miscalculated the currency rate for the first claim - that was bad, of course afterwards the rate was gone. Used another site, wow they put in BS like I need to pay VAT and service charge at the hotel?!

I thought this way of doing thing is more an IHG thing - maybe some would say it's Hilton's thing or Hyatt's thing. I do see Marriott LNF is being the honest and nice one but this has definitely given me some doubt about that.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Just got Renaissance LHR booked at 99GBP all in matched to $112 CAD all in. New rate is 44GBP - can't complain
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Anyone ever have a LNF rate change back to the original rate? I have one coming up and when I checked it today it was back to the old rate even though it was changed before to the LNF rate.

I have emailed the customer service as a reply to the confimation of the LNF rate, but think it is odd that this happened.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Anyone ever have a LNF rate change back to the original rate? I have one coming up and when I checked it today it was back to the old rate even though it was changed before to the LNF rate.

I have emailed the customer service as a reply to the confimation of the LNF rate, but think it is odd that this happened.
Very odd. It's a good thing I always keep a hard copy and save my LNF confirmation.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It happened to me once that LNF dept forgot to update my ressie, it was partially my fault that I didn't check before (I took things for granted). When I was at the property, they insisted the rate was the originally rate and fortunately I had US mobile data to pull my ressie up and showed them my approved claim. The FDC called the LNF dept and had the rate changed.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:05 pm

Voucher Sites

Can someone please answer what exactly do they mean by a voucher site. I know that they won't make claims outside the U.S. with one. I always assumed it was a site where you had to prepay and you would get a voucher. That meant that you can only use a site where you paid at the hotel.

My friend filed a claim for a U.S. hotel and was denied. After 3 times they finally saw the rate but they said it was an advanced purchase rate and denied due to that. That site does not offer option to pay at hotel it's only vouchers.

I used the same site 2 weeks ago and no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.