FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LNF discussions
Thread: LNF discussions
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:01 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I filed a claim using a Europeon site. The rates on the site were inclusive of all taxes. Was declined because all taxes on US hotels are considered local taxes and are not included in rates on travel agencies outside U.S.

Never heard that excuse before. And yes they are taking longer to get back. A few months ago heard back within the hour. Recently within the 21 st hour.
yeah, taxes w/ non-US sites are a pain. There are a few which they accept as tax included but most they don't which can be an issue

Originally Posted by nacho
Got shot down again - this time they just said the rate is the same as marriott.com - they completely ignored the fact about the fact about tax inclusive/exclusive.

It's from Shelly Baker - I don't think I got anything approved by her.

If I don't get this through I'm looking at alternatives apart from Marriott.
Don't think we should name names here. To be honest, I don't keep track who is better at approving reasonable claim and who isn't. You can't choose anyways can you.
Having a few issues IMO does not invalidate the entire program and I think you and I have probably saved a TON of money using LNF ... just got 3 claims approved in the last 2 weeks.