Search

LNF discussions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Keyser
i can understand if one regularly files lnf claims against a particular hotel....then the hotel may be aware....but in my situation its the first time i will be staying at this property & my first lnf claim....so its doubtful that the hotel would be aware....

i've lost count of the number of successful brg claims i have had with spg....over the last 5 years or so the majority of my paid stays have been brg stays....this year alone so far i have stayed 40+ nights at a particular sheraton & have another 15 nights booked with them....all brg stays....i know the manager quite well since i have been a regular at this property for a few years now & the manager has never questioned my brg filings....
I don't know if you know that there are some hotels that are LNF proof? There were other FTers and I made some posts about it a couple of years ago. I guess the Sheraton you stay at feels ok that you stay on a low rate - not all hotels feel that way especially for those outside the US IMO.

I know about how great SPG BRG was and I tried it once and the whole experience was a league better than Marriott's. If you follow this thread you will see it's getting harder to score LNF these days. My stays used to be BRG (LNF) but as it's more difficult to do I tend to book AAA rate.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by shevboyz
It doesn't help, they are very stubborn about it.
​​​i copied the whole terms conditions of a particular ota, but because the sentence included the word typically, they still insist on their incorrect assumption that if a rate say $xxx(include vat), it does not include service charge. This is just absurb.
Jesus. LNF is a scam as well now.
​​​​​​Was looking forward to the merger. Now I'm not.

If the ota is located in the EU, I'd send this url to the agent and ask for an escalation to his or her supervisor
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/pricing-payments/index_en.htm
They would have to point out where it says service tax is not included. Up to them to prove.

Last edited by joakgarp; Aug 16, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by smithyr4
I had this same issue, literally no way around it! They don't listen to pasted email responses either

Don't think Marriott understand that some european sites include EVERYTHING in the rate

Is there anything we can do about this? Ridiculous how any claim can be denied because of this..
I think Marriott understands that most european sites include everything in their rates, but it is such a nice loophole for denying a LNF-Claim, that they have decided to ingnore the fact.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Keyser: Email the OTA and ask. Wait for OTA's response and send the reply you get from the OTA to the LNF team. Quote the terms as well.
i did....i got a reply from the third party website where they clearly stated that the rate includes 13% government taxes & fees....but the lnf agent chose to ignore that....
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by nacho
I don't know if you know that there are some hotels that are LNF proof? There were other FTers and I made some posts about it a couple of years ago. I guess the Sheraton you stay at feels ok that you stay on a low rate - not all hotels feel that way especially for those outside the US IMO.

I know about how great SPG BRG was and I tried it once and the whole experience was a league better than Marriott's. If you follow this thread you will see it's getting harder to score LNF these days. My stays used to be BRG (LNF) but as it's more difficult to do I tend to book AAA rate.
that's what i eventually did, booked the aaa rate....it's very unfortunate if lnf works this way....
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Another claim denied even if I have shown them screenshot that clearly said their rate is fully inclusive of service and taxes. But because the final rate say vat 0 and no mention of service charge, they just dun remove it.
While from the same website, my friend manage to have his brg approve over at Starwood side.
Just incompetency from the LNF team.

​​​​
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
I had a funny thing with lnf happen .I was looking for a lower price and Bing was showing a lower rate through Priceline. I submitted the lower price with a link to show the lower price. About 15 mins after I submitted I realized that it wasn't the same hotel. The names were close and Bing was confused. LNF approved it anyway .
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by uibd
I had a funny thing with lnf happen .I was looking for a lower price and Bing was showing a lower rate through Priceline. I submitted the lower price with a link to show the lower price. About 15 mins after I submitted I realized that it wasn't the same hotel. The names were close and Bing was confused. LNF approved it anyway .
sometimes we win and sometimes we lose.
Looks like you won big time. 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.