Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF discussions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
filed my first lnf claim yesterday & got denied....not sure if this is how marriott processes claims but the reason for the denial was that the rate on the third party site does not include taxes so the rate was higher....i know for a fact that this site includes taxes in their rates because i have filed dozens of successful brg claims with spg using this site....my last successful claim was 2 days ago....
Email them back explaining that. When filing a claim I write explicit details in the comment box. This rate is inclusive of taxes and break it down for them. How you found the claim, which device you used etc.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Email them back explaining that. When filing a claim I write explicit details in the comment box. This rate is inclusive of taxes and break it down for them. How you found the claim, which device you used etc.
i did that in the comments section....
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:24 am

i did that in the comments section....
Explain your SPG claim was approved and they know rate is tax inclusive?

If I know I’m in the right I don’t give up and keep emailing them. Eventually someone will give up or in. 😄
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Explain your SPG claim was approved and they know rate is tax inclusive?

If I know I’m in the right I don’t give up and keep emailing them. Eventually someone will give up or in. 😄
i emailed them back this morning explaining that the rate was inclusive of tax as i had already explained in the comments section....lets see what they say now....
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:02 am

i emailed them back this morning explaining that the rate was inclusive of tax as i had already explained in the comments section....lets see what they say now....
Keep us posted. And good luck.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep us posted. And good luck.
here is their response:

Thank you for your additional message. The Courtyard Dulles/Town Center hotel is located in the United States; therefore this hotel doesn’t charge VAT tax. The taxes at this hotel are local taxes that are paid directly at the hotel. Per the previous email please note that web-sites owned or operated outside of the United States and Canada sometimes include taxes in their rates. Unless otherwise specified, these taxes are Value-Added Tax (VAT) which under the terms and conditions of this website theses taxes are considered Value-Added Tax (VAT) . So with that all the taxes charged by this hotel are local taxes, I am unable to remove any amount from the rate located for comparison. Unfortunately I am going to have to stand behind the initial denial of your claim.
seems like a very convenient way to deny claims....
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:33 am

here is their response:

seems like a very convenient way to deny claims....
I guess it’s on to another site.
If you can find. I’m finding it harder and harder to find lower rates. It used to be very easy finding an LNF for the Cosmopolitan, but not lately for me.

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
That's just ridiculous. I guess that hotel doesn't want any LNF - I can imagine even if you found another site there will be another bogus reason to deny your claim. My advice - find another hotel.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess it’s on to another site.
If you can find. I’m finding it harder and harder to find lower rates. It used to be very easy finding an LNF for the Cosmopolitan, but not lately for me.
the lower rate was only on that site....can't find it anywhere else....sucks that they treat the claims this way....
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
That's just ridiculous. I guess that hotel doesn't want any LNF - I can imagine even if you found another site there will be another bogus reason to deny your claim. My advice - find another hotel.
this has nothing to do with the hotel....i don't think the hotel even knows i filed a lnf unless it gets approved....
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
this has nothing to do with the hotel....i don't think the hotel even knows i filed a lnf unless it gets approved....
I think some hotels know (I can think of at least 1 - they know who booked at what rate and if they constantly see a name with LNF rate they may flag my name) - I have done a lot of LNFs previously and there's a handful of hotels that you can't get LNF through - you can see my posts in this thread regarding this. I can't provide proof but this has been a constant experience with a few particular hotels. This is how it went in short:

Booked a room and filed a claim, claim denied with a reason (rate not found - as the site put the rate back up);
Found another lower rate somewhere, replied to the email and then they claimed they can't find the rate;
Checked and found the rate and then replied and 24 hours was over.

Had to redo, and use the same/different site with lower rate;
Replied with rate can't be found;
Checked the rate was still there;
Replied saying that the rate is the same after converting to hotel currency! (which was so untrue after I found out and at that point I gave up)

Of course sometimes it also came with other sort of BS such as tax is not included in the comparison site even though it stated very clearly that it's all inclusive.

One hotel even asked me where I found the lower rate at check out - and the associate told me how much LNF hurts their income (they changed flag a year after my LNF stay).
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
I think some hotels know (I can think of at least 1 - they know who booked at what rate and if they constantly see a name with LNF rate they may flag my name) - I have done a lot of LNFs previously and there's a handful of hotels that you can't get LNF through - you can see my posts in this thread regarding this. I can't provide proof but this has been a constant experience with a few particular hotels. This is how it went in short:

Booked a room and filed a claim, claim denied with a reason (rate not found - as the site put the rate back up);
Found another lower rate somewhere, replied to the email and then they claimed they can't find the rate;
Checked and found the rate and then replied and 24 hours was over.

Had to redo, and use the same/different site with lower rate;
Replied with rate can't be found;
Checked the rate was still there;
Replied saying that the rate is the same after converting to hotel currency! (which was so untrue after I found out and at that point I gave up)

Of course sometimes it also came with other sort of BS such as tax is not included in the comparison site even though it stated very clearly that it's all inclusive.

One hotel even asked me where I found the lower rate at check out - and the associate told me how much LNF hurts their income (they changed flag a year after my LNF stay).
i can understand if one regularly files lnf claims against a particular hotel....then the hotel may be aware....but in my situation its the first time i will be staying at this property & my first lnf claim....so its doubtful that the hotel would be aware....

i've lost count of the number of successful brg claims i have had with spg....over the last 5 years or so the majority of my paid stays have been brg stays....this year alone so far i have stayed 40+ nights at a particular sheraton & have another 15 nights booked with them....all brg stays....i know the manager quite well since i have been a regular at this property for a few years now & the manager has never questioned my brg filings....
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Keyser: Email the OTA and ask. Wait for OTA's response and send the reply you get from the OTA to the LNF team. Quote the terms as well.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Keyser: Email the OTA and ask. Wait for OTA's response and send the reply you get from the OTA to the LNF team. Quote the terms as well.
It doesn't help, they are very stubborn about it.
​​​i copied the whole terms conditions of a particular ota, but because the sentence included the word typically, they still insist on their incorrect assumption that if a rate say $xxx(include vat), it does not include service charge. This is just absurb.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by shevboyz
It doesn't help, they are very stubborn about it.
​​​i copied the whole terms conditions of a particular ota, but because the sentence included the word typically, they still insist on their incorrect assumption that if a rate say $xxx(include vat), it does not include service charge. This is just absurb.
I had this same issue, literally no way around it! They don't listen to pasted email responses either

Don't think Marriott understand that some european sites include EVERYTHING in the rate

Is there anything we can do about this? Ridiculous how any claim can be denied because of this..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.