Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF discussions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
So almost the best way to find a lower 3rd rate is to go for the local ones. Problem is they denied my japanese site and wrote:

"The limitations of translation technology prevent me from being able to navigate the comparison source and verify any rate being offered. Our department is located in the United States and we make every attempt to translate websites and mobile applications as needed for the purposes of review. I regret that, in this case, I am unable to do so and I am sorry for any frustration this may cause".

I don't speak Japanese either but Google Chrome does. Anyone has any experience with a denial like this?
​​​​​​
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:00 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by joakgarp
"The limitations of translation technology prevent me from being able to navigate the comparison source and verify any rate being offered. Our department is located in the United States and we make every attempt to translate websites and mobile applications as needed for the purposes of review. I regret that, in this case, I am unable to do so and I am sorry for any frustration this may cause".
​​​​​​
I have a similar problem right now: I directed them to ***.co.jp and they said they couldn't find the lower rate on ***.com

In the past they always found someone who could speak the local language -- at least they somehow managed to verify my claim. However, recently they simply seem to set the language to English and don't even try. Maybe too much pushback from the Japanese "member" hotels?

HTB.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by htb
I have a similar problem right now: I directed them to ***.co.jp and they said they couldn't find the lower rate on ***.com

In the past they always found someone who could speak the local language -- at least they somehow managed to verify my claim. However, recently they simply seem to set the language to English and don't even try. Maybe too much pushback from the Japanese "member" hotels?

HTB.
It's strange. Google Chrome manages to translate everything (perhaps not with 100% gramma but readable) on my site so I wouldn't really say there is any real limitation in translation technology. Marriott LNF team sometimes do it a bit easy for the but I'm not in a rush.
It's not really a dead killer rate anyway and my hotel reservation is not until middle of august so the rate will probably go down in july. Just want to secure the best rate available atm.

One reason could be that japan hotel sites aren't following western website code so websites are always a bit dated and 90sh. The agent seems confused due to inexperience and denies.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:17 am

What's Going On

It took almost 25 hours to get a response to my claim.

Luckily I booked a refundable rate. It was declined so I wrote back asking to check again.
Approaching another 24 hours and still no word.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:39 pm
htb

My claim took yet another turn:

I have verified your reservation as it appears on the <Japanese hotel chain> website. However, to complete validation of your claim, I need to be able to verify information on your second reservation as it appears in the Marriott system. At this time, the reservation has not migrated to our internal systems.
I don't think the Autograph hotel in question will migrate reservations to the Marriott system as they have their own system. They either run them in parallel or migrate reservations from the Marriott system to their own system...

I have sent an email to the hotel to get the information that I need.
Let's see if the hotel feels it necessary to answer at all.

Where does this "need to see the reservation appear in the Marriott system" originate from? The reservation is visible on the website, I have a confirmation email -- but they always expect the reservation to pop up in their own system. For all I know the hotel could set apart a number of rooms only sold through a different channel.

HTB.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by htb
My claim took yet another turn:
Yeah, you replied back on your denial? I sent them a reply back 15 hours ago and wrote basically it was easy to understand my japanese 3rd party, adviced them to use Google Chrome's translation tool and if not use my 1-2-3 steps how to read japanese haha. No reply yet so maybe that's good.. I hope for the best. Marriott's got plenty of important properties in Japan. Would be sad to rule the Japanese, non english supportive 3rd parties out.

Edit: Got a response now. Denied again.

Last edited by joakgarp; Jun 27, 2017 at 10:43 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I was battling with the LNF for an Autograph hotel in Japan 2 years ago......they went beyond their normal behaviour to deny my claims due to tax reasons (the third party site is tax inclusive and they refused to accept that). It was denial after denial so I gave up.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:05 pm

Marriott Charleston
Marriott.com: $215
Trivago via Amoma: $161.24
LNF rate: $113.93 for 2 nights

LNF approved at the 14 hour mark.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
It took almost 25 hours to get a response to my claim.

Luckily I booked a refundable rate. It was declined so I wrote back asking to check again.
Approaching another 24 hours and still no word.
They finally responded after 28 hours. This time approved.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
I got an LNF approved and I am wondering if the program really works this way.

I booked a 7 night stay and the let’s assume the total was USD 1200. Not every night was USD 171.43. The rate for 3 nights was USD 100 per night and 4 nights were USD 225.

I found a competing total rate of USD 770 and the competing site did not did not break down the rate on a nightly basis.

My claim was approve the following way:
USD 770/7 = USD 110 as the average nightly rate.

As 3 nights were below the average nightly rate of USD 110, the booked rate of USD 100 remained for these nights and only the remaining 4 nights were discounted to the new rate of USD 82.50 (USD 110 -25%). My new total is now USD 630 (USD 100x3 + USD 82.50x4).
This is a total reduction of 18.2%

Is this how it works?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Zurich35
I got an LNF approved and I am wondering if the program really works this way.

I booked a 7 night stay and the let’s assume the total was USD 1200. Not every night was USD 171.43. The rate for 3 nights was USD 100 per night and 4 nights were USD 225.

I found a competing total rate of USD 770 and the competing site did not did not break down the rate on a nightly basis.

My claim was approve the following way:
USD 770/7 = USD 110 as the average nightly rate.

As 3 nights were below the average nightly rate of USD 110, the booked rate of USD 100 remained for these nights and only the remaining 4 nights were discounted to the new rate of USD 82.50 (USD 110 -25%). My new total is now USD 630 (USD 100x3 + USD 82.50x4).
This is a total reduction of 18.2%

Is this how it works?
Yes, that is how Marriott LNF does the calculation. They calculated every night individually.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:20 pm

Room type matching/availability?

Hi, not sure where to post it as there are multiple LNF threads but I hope this is the right one. I didn't see a post about what happens when room types don't match because of lack of availability.

I know typically for an LNF claim the room type has to match. An OTA has a standard room for $365. The Marriott website lists only suites and starts at $549. I don't need a suite but I would like to get the standard room for $365-25%.

In my experience with SPG, the room type had to match unless the OTA offered a room that simply wasn't available on spg.com. In that case you could book whatever room/rate you wanted on SPG.com and file a claim with evidence that the other OTA would offer room type 1 and spg.com only offered room type 2.

Will Marriott approve such a claim? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:51 pm
htb

Originally Posted by crimson12
I've been in that situation. Multiple times. Even though, no suites were involved.

Some agents simply overlook the fact that the room types don't match. Other agents were focussing on entirely on bed-type and would refuse a claim of two beds against one bed. Yet other agents simply would refuse to find any availability on the OTA.

Definite answer: YMMV.

HTB.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi, not sure where to post it as there are multiple LNF threads but I hope this is the right one. I didn't see a post about what happens when room types don't match because of lack of availability.

I know typically for an LNF claim the room type has to match. An OTA has a standard room for $365. The Marriott website lists only suites and starts at $549. I don't need a suite but I would like to get the standard room for $365-25%.

In my experience with SPG, the room type had to match unless the OTA offered a room that simply wasn't available on spg.com. In that case you could book whatever room/rate you wanted on SPG.com and file a claim with evidence that the other OTA would offer room type 1 and spg.com only offered room type 2.

I don't think you'll be able to get it through - you are always welcome to try as long as you book a refundable rate. A standard vs. a suite is a big difference - unless the hotel is a all suite hotel - which I have done before, just notify the LNF agent that all rooms are suits in this hotel and I had no problem getting an approval.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
filed my first lnf claim yesterday & got denied....not sure if this is how marriott processes claims but the reason for the denial was that the rate on the third party site does not include taxes so the rate was higher....i know for a fact that this site includes taxes in their rates because i have filed dozens of successful brg claims with spg using this site....my last successful claim was 2 days ago....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.