Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LNF discussions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Can someone please answer what exactly do they mean by a voucher site. I know that they won't make claims outside the U.S. with one. I always assumed it was a site where you had to prepay and you would get a voucher. That meant that you can only use a site where you paid at the hotel.

My friend filed a claim for a U.S. hotel and was denied. After 3 times they finally saw the rate but they said it was an advanced purchase rate and denied due to that. That site does not offer option to pay at hotel it's only vouchers.

I used the same site 2 weeks ago and no problem.
Usually there is some text on the 3rd party site about presenting your "coupon" or reservation upon check in. Not really a voucher just a confirmation. It's just a technicality that they use sometimes. Not worth pressing it in my experience. I usually just cancel and start a new reservation.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Usually there is some text on the 3rd party site about presenting your "coupon" or reservation upon check in. Not really a voucher just a confirmation. It's just a technicality that they use sometimes. Not worth pressing it in my experience. I usually just cancel and start a new reservation.
Thanks. That what I thought. I just couldn't figure out why they denied saying that the other site was an advanced purchase rate and he had to change his reservation to one and they will accept. I know it wasn't the advance purchase rate as that had a different cancellation policy. The rate that was booked and the rate used to compare had same cancellation policy.

Anyway got the claim approved in the end but it seems like different agents see things differently.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The voucher thing doesn't apply to US hotels. They have mistakenly denied my claim stating that SFO Marriott is located outside the US.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
The voucher thing doesn't apply to US hotels. They have mistakenly denied my claim stating that SFO Marriott is located outside the US.
So what do you do in such a case? Is there any avenue of appeal or reference to someone else?

Also, what is the usual turnaround time for responding to claims? I know the site claims a 24-hour response window, but in your experience, what is the actual response time?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by TinDrum
So what do you do in such a case? Is there any avenue of appeal or reference to someone else?

Also, what is the usual turnaround time for responding to claims? I know the site claims a 24-hour response window, but in your experience, what is the actual response time?
Reply to their email and explain they were mistaken. They will usually respond pretty quickly.

As far as responses to claims the shortest I ever had was less than one hour. Longest was 20 hours. Usually 8-10 hours for me.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by TinDrum
Cancel, make another res, file another claim. Appealing doesn't usually work in my experience, at least for the voucher issue.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have had claims that took 23.5 hours. If they denied me with BS reasons I will first write back and if they don't care, cancel the reservation and make new one.

Last edited by nacho; Sep 7, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
LNF discussions

Just scored Renaissance LHR via LNF. Booked for 139£, matched to $125 Canadian. Submitted claim, reservation is now for 46.35£ AI.

Can't beat that!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If Marriott.com is offering a non-refundable rate of $436 USD and OTAs are offering the same rate (with pre-payment required) but offering it as refundable until the day before travel, is that eligible for LNF since the OTAs are allowing a refund if my plans change while Marriott is not (even if both require pre-payment)?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
If Marriott.com is offering a non-refundable rate of $436 USD and OTAs are offering the same rate (with pre-payment required) but offering it as refundable until the day before travel, is that eligible for LNF since the OTAs are allowing a refund if my plans change while Marriott is not (even if both require pre-payment)?
Yes. You need to book the flex rate at marriott.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
Yes. You need to book the flex rate at marriott.
Thanks for the advice! I booked after seeing this, submitted the request, and have since received a successful LNF!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:00 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Posted in wrong thread.

I just filed a rate I found on agoda.com's INSIDER DEALS. This requires a free account registration.

Will Marriott do this to verify the offering is publicly available or will they deny based on the account requirement?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Posted in wrong thread.

I just filed a rate I found on agoda.com's INSIDER DEALS. This requires a free account registration.

Will Marriott do this to verify the offering is publicly available or will they deny based on the account requirement?
I had a ridiculously low rate LNF approved once which I found through a subscription site/mailing list. I put in clear instructions in the claim form that it was open to anyone and posted link etc to sign up.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:00 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I was denied. They stated that since agoda provides a voucher it does not qualify (prepaid overseas hotel).

Guess I'll look elsewhere.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone have luck with using "Private Deals" from a travel search engine, where the only requirement is to have a free account? I've gotten one denial so far for a rate they couldn't find, but that may be because I gave them a link that expires. I'll try again, but I was curious if anyone has had luck with this type of match yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.