Search

LNF discussions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fordan
Anyone have luck with using "Private Deals" from a travel search engine, where the only requirement is to have a free account? I've gotten one denial so far for a rate they couldn't find, but that may be because I gave them a link that expires. I'll try again, but I was curious if anyone has had luck with this type of match yet.
Anything requires signing up won't work for LNF claims.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nacho
There's nothing in the rules that says it shouldn't I didn't think; just for groups like AAA.

First one didn't work, but I think that was because the link I sent expired. I had success with LNF after finding a generic link for the hotel on the site and putting in the notes you need to log in to/create a free account.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:40 am
Suspended

+1
There's nothing in the rules that says it shouldn't I didn't think; just for groups like AAA.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

First one didn't work, but I think that was because the link I sent expired. I had success with LNF after finding a generic link for the hotel on the site and putting in the notes you need to log in to/create a free account.
It didn't explicitly saying that but I have had denials claiming the rate is not publicly available. Those sites require signing up to get to the rates.v will not be approved. Marriott is being fair that they don't use MR member only rate as the lowest rate, although it's free to sign up.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:05 am

Anyone have luck with using "Private Deals" from a travel search engine, where the only requirement is to have a free account? I've gotten one denial so far for a rate they couldn't find, but that may be because I gave them a link that expires. I'll try again, but I was curious if anyone has had luck with this type of match yet.
I once got one approved. Might have just gotten lucky.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: None - previously UA
As long as anyone can sign up its publicly available.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:37 am
Suspended

that's your opinion -
so now get Marriott's LNF Team to agree with you

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
As long as anyone can sign up its publicly available.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by leeky
that's your opinion -
so now get Marriott's LNF Team to agree with you
I had rates on one of these membership sites [its against rules to mention it here] LNF matched for the JW Marriott Essex House NYC. I very carefully explained that membership was open to anyone,etc. Perhaps I got a good agent...
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:53 pm
Suspended

I note that you did not say how long ago this LNF approval was obtained (last week, last month, 5-years ago?)
I also note that this property was in the US/.Can and due to it not being subject to the voucher rule is so much easier to find/get approved.
Bottom line is this seems to be a one off and a one off does not a new rule make.

I had rates on one of these membership sites [its against rules to mention it here] LNF matched for the JW Marriott Essex House NYC. I very carefully explained that membership was open to anyone,etc. Perhaps I got a good agent...
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:19 pm

I note that you did not say how long ago this LNF approval was obtained (last week, last month, 5-years ago?)
June 2014.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:16 pm
Suspended

so literally a useless piece of info inasmuch as the LNFs team have impossed alot more stringent reviews

June 2014.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

June 2014.
Those were the good old days.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
I also note that this property was in the US/.Can and due to it not being subject to the voucher rule is so much easier to find/get approved.
Bottom line is this seems to be a one off and a one off does not a new rule make.
Definitely easier to get US approvals due to lack of vouchers here, but I just this week got one requiring signing up approved as I posted, and YoungBubbie posted he did as well, though without a timeframe.

Come to think of it, I (and some friends after I told them) succeeded this past spring in getting a LNF rate at an Autograph property using a rate off their own hotel website that required a free signup as well.

My earlier concern about my recent LNF was more about the deal I just used being labeled a "Private Sale" and if that would skew things.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:19 pm

Definitely easier to get US approvals due to lack of vouchers here, but I just this week got one requiring signing up approved as I posted, and YoungBubbie posted he did as well, though without a timeframe.

Come to think of it, I (and some friends after I told them) succeeded this past spring in getting a LNF rate at an Autograph property using a rate off their own hotel website that required a free signup as well.

My earlier concern about my recent LNF was more about the deal I just used being labeled a "Private Sale" and if that would skew things.
Mine was approved within the past 3 months.

A few years ago I was denied a claim where you needed s code to get an extra 10% off. The code was available to everyone and was on the site. The claim was denied as the "rate" without code was the same as Marriott and that is what they were going by.

Now a few months ago I had a claim approved after a few back and forth emails as they were not seeing what I was seeing. I was giving up but sent them a screen shot ( I know they don't accept them) just to prove that I wasn't crazy. I also told them it was showing using my iPad and finally got approved.

Funny thing is I saw later it was also one of those sspecisl just for you rates.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:31 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
LNF discussions

I just discovered that the exclusion of package rates including things other than breakfast don't count. I thought the rules related to third party travel packages, but they wouldn't honor a hotels.com room rate that included valet parking vs the Marriott.com package rate that included room and valet parking. Bummer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.