Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
I recently did the UA to marriott match (I'm UA gold, and used the promotion to get Marriott gold). The Marriott website now shows my gold status, but the app tells me I'm just a "rewards member". I've got a stay coming up this weekend, should I be worried that my status is broken, or is it just the app that's broken?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
How Long Does it Take? Wrong UA MileagePlus Number?

Want to share some recent data points since I just went through this for a family members and had a little trouble figuring out what to expect.

How long does it take to get the United status?

I've seen people say 2 weeks and I've seen people say ~2 days. We saw it come through same-day on a Sunday.

Why is the wrong MileagePlus number showing up when I'm trying to register?

For us, this was happening because he had an old, inactive UA account, and I guess it was using name matching to find it and that one came up first. We called United and they were able to merge his 3 open UA MileagePlus accounts into 1. It took about 18 hours for the accounts to be merged successfully. Once that was one, we went back to the RewardsPlus site to enroll again, and it was showing the correct number.

If it is linking to an account that truly isn't yours and it was a bad name match, you'd probably need to reach out to Marriott Customer Service directly to get them to fix it. Not sure what to do there.

All in all, very impressed by the technical integration here and how simple the process was. We got 3 UA accounts merged, a status request sent from Marriott, and the UA account upgraded to Silver all within 24 hours.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
United Silver for Plats...

...just got my status match and saw United Silver as a benefit. So I told my dad but he said it made him join United's FF program and gave him a FF # but no status. Is there a proceedure to follow to get his status updated to Silver and is it dome through Marriott or United?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/

Use the Join RewardsPlus button.

It took a couple of days for my UA status to show silver.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/

If you have travel coming up you can call the platinum desk. They have a liaison with United that can expedite the process.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Thanks all....

...as a long term SPG guy haven't spent much time on this site....appreciate the quick response.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's all covered in this thread:
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:05 pm

Sorry to revive a "dead" thread but am an SPG Plat and am taking advantage of the United transfer options through Marriott. Any more recent data points on time for transfers? Both my wife and I are members and we tried to transfer her points into my United account for a trip we are planning...hope that's not an issue?

Any of your sage advice is appreciated.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I just tried and got :

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1048
Column 'usr_state_province' cannot be null

State/province (* required for US/Canada) is blank on my MR profile

Are there geographical limits to the UA partnership ?

Edit to add :
I just put "UK" in the State/province field on my MR profile, and the UA transaction then went through OK.
Seems MR IT is as flaky as SPGs.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 28, 2016 at 7:23 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Unless one has plans to use UA status yet this year, one may want to hold off on the Marriott Plat = UA Silver match:

Do members who receive MileagePlus Premier Silver status through the RewardsPlus program have the same benefits as other Premier Silver members?

Yes. However, the Premier Silver status through RewardsPlus is valid only for the remainder of the calendar year in which the status was granted (not including the following calendar year). RewardsPlus eligibility criteria for complimentary status offerings may vary from year to year and members must meet the criteria each year to register their request for complimentary status.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:38 am

Transferring points to United

can any of you share your experience on the timing of this? I have some award flights that i want to book but am worried about how long the points transfer will take.

My travel package points posted almost immediately but my regular points transfers have yet to post. Any experiences in timing that you can share?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:50 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
There's a song about this merger:
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
can any of you share your experience on the timing of this? I have some award flights that i want to book but am worried about how long the points transfer will take.

My travel package points posted almost immediately but my regular points transfers have yet to post. Any experiences in timing that you can share?
Hi ZBigFam - my most recent transfer (a month ago) the points transferred overnight. Saw them in my United account the next morning. Previously, it could take up to three days, although those were over a weekend. If it takes more than 2-3 days I suggest calling although not sure how much someone can assist.

Looks like you posted this yesterday so I bet you already have them!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:45 am

thanks for the answer Brucemcdou! Unfortunately still not in my account...oh well...will hope till tomorrow.

My wife also converted her Ritz points into UAL miles (my account). I hope this isn't frowned upon?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
It has never taken more than a couple of days - I feel like more recently it has been the next day.

They never post immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.