Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2024, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Went and checked and mine is ok also.
In fact I saw a bunch of activity where I earned miles from the UA-Marriott promo last fall.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by summerflyer
24 hours passed and hasn't changed back yet
Update on this. After 72 hours the UA status didn't change to Silver so contact them again via chat and pointed out the previous conversation (in the chat history which is nice). Agent granted Silver immediately during the chat.
kalo93406 and jtp1947 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Noticed today that I have dropped back to Basic Member. Account seems to have been de-linked as well. When I try to link again then I get an error saying 'A linking error has occurred'. Called the Titanium line & escalated this. Was told a ticket has been created & someone will get back to me in 3 working days.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
If that doesn't work it seems like most people have been having positive results contacting United.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by jtp1947
If that doesn't work it seems like most people have been having positive results contacting United.
Originally Posted by Keyser
Called the Titanium line & escalated this. Was told a ticket has been created & someone will get back to me in 3 working days.
Definitely go through United instead of Marriott. The Marriott route has generally proven futile. I was lucky this year and mine didn't change! I might only go for Marriott platinum this year too as I did the Marriott/Krisflyer promotion of 4 flights for Star Alliance Gold. BKK - SIN - KUL and back. Predicting I'll get gold with flights for next year as I plan to fly a lot.
jtp1947 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Definitely go through United instead of Marriott. The Marriott route has generally proven futile. I was lucky this year and mine didn't change! I might only go for Marriott platinum this year too as I did the Marriott/Krisflyer promotion of 4 flights for Star Alliance Gold. BKK - SIN - KUL and back. Predicting I'll get gold with flights for next year as I plan to fly a lot.
Went through United as well. They said the status should update over the next 48 hours.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium (LT Silver), UA Silver
Had to go through United last year, had to do it again this year. Took a bit over 24 hours for the status to update. Back to Silver now.
SPN Lifer and kalo93406 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Did anyone lose their UA silver as a Titanium member?

I do not fly UA often but I surprisingly discovered that I am no longer the privileged UA sliver premier member now. I am a lifetime Titanium and I have clocked in 130 some nights last year.

Twitter Marriott support told me they have no estimate on how long this issue will be resolved.

Am I BVed?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:27 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Looks like from some other posts above there are some who have lost their UA status as well. I did just check mine and it still correctly shows me as UA Silver.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:49 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I lost mine - from my support chat with United - they said that this should be resolved soon but its impacting many people.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, my PS status is still there
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE
Both my spouse and I have Marriott Titanium status, and hadn't qualified for higher United status this year so we should get UA Silver. Both accounts were properly linked back in January. Both United accounts dropped to member level on Feb 1. Mine got properly updated to Silver in mid-February (no manual intervention), but my spouse didn't have any travel planned so was hoping it would resolve itself, but their account is still showing as member. Same situation, one got fixed, one still isn't fixed.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: Mariott Ambassador - United 1K
Question regarding the promotion below did anybody receive the suite nights already? This was a promotion mail I received mid January

Last chance: Spend $3,000 to earn
3 Nightly Upgrade Awards for 2024 travel.

Staying with hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® comes with perks!

Book now and spend at least $3,000 USD on stays before March 31, 2024, to earn three Nightly Upgrade Awards (formerly known as Suite Night Awards™)*.

This is in addition to the benefits you already enjoy when you travel within
the preferred partnership of United MileagePlus® and Marriott Bonvoy.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by besunman
Question regarding the promotion below did anybody receive the suite nights already? This was a promotion mail I received mid January
There is a thread for that promo here, but there’s not a lot of people participating.

New Marriott/UA Promotion Jan 1-Mar 31, 2024
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.