Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
I'm Lifetime Titanium and have never had to re-register. Hopefully, this trend continues.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Sooo frustrated right now. I've had to re-register in the past. And somehow Marriott has an incorrect UA number for me, so I have had to call to get it corrected. I'd hoped now that my Titanium status is Lifetime, the silver status would stick - and checking last week, it looked like it had. Now today, I'm booking a last minute ticket for a funeral, travel today and Thursday, and see my UA status has dropped again. And when I try to re-sign up online, it still shows the wrong UA number. So I have to wait to tomorrow to call, I just booked an award flight that maybe would have been better/cheaper with status. I won't get a decent seat. And the return Thursday is basic economy; if it's not sorted out by then I'll have to pay for a carry on. Every friggin year I go thru this. Ugh.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by AndWhatsYourPoint
I'm Lifetime Titanium and have never had to re-register. Hopefully, this trend continues.
Do you mind if I ask how long you've been LTT? I got kicked out of silver but only got LTT with the sweep last year. Reregistered 2 days ago, still not showing silver. I'm hoping this is not a yearly thing.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by wanderlust99
Do you mind if I ask how long you've been LTT? I got kicked out of silver but only got LTT with the sweep last year. Reregistered 2 days ago, still not showing silver. I'm hoping this is not a yearly thing.
Since mid-October 2018.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I had to reregister and am LTT
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Originally Posted by jtp1947
It's that time of the year again re: United Silver status being removed. It happened last year about this time and I had to reapply for Marriott RewardsPlus. Just a heads up to check your United account. This was a result of the March 4th reset.

Registration is above in post 1259 and status should reinstate in 7-10 days. Thank you CCIE_Flyer for the links.

This reset cost me the preferred seating I had on upcoming flights into not so desirable seats.
I realize this was a low priority situation and I ultimately cancelled my travel plans for April, but my United Silver status was reinstated today. I re-registered March 7.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
So just took a look at my United account, my post above was from march 11, it is now the 31, still no update from united from the initial request that was supposed to be 7-10 days. While I am not a big fan of United, my guess the screw up lies with Marriott.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by jtp1947
I realize this was a low priority situation and I ultimately cancelled my travel plans for April, but my United Silver status was reinstated today. I re-registered March 7.
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed mine clears in 2 days. I re-registered March 9.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I earned Marriott Bonv°y Titanium Elite in 2018, but only Platinum Elite in 2019.

I lost my complimentary UA Premier Silver on Saturday, 7 March 2020 during the annual UA update of member status.

Two days later, on Monday, 9 March I re-registered at the RewardsPlus Marriott website for complimentary UA Premier Silver status again, thanks to FlyerTalk advice in another thread.

The United app showed my new UA Silver status the next day, on Tuesday, 10 March.

Finally, on Sunday, 22 March 2020, Marriott IT eventually got around to updating (downgrading) my Bonv°y status. Thanks for the delay!
kev LAX likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I had to open a case with Marriott re: the delay of United Silver. Marriott's first response was my earning preference was points, not miles so they changed my profile to miles. I was sure this was not the reason so I changed my profile back to points. Sent another email to Marriott and the representative apologized for changing my earning preference and sent my request to the Loyalty Department. Twenty four days later United Silver. Hopefully next year it will be automatic but not counting on it since this has happened two consecutive years.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
While complimentary UA Premier Silver status is currently a benefit of Bonv°y Titanium Elite status, I have never seen it written anywhere that this UA status is “automatic”.

Even Lifetime Titanium Elite members, I believe, need to register annually to get our comped UA Silver.

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/

For those of us who still need to earn Titanium year-by-year, if Marriott IT continues to be slow and we are quick on the draw, perhaps we can get two UA years for the price of one!
jtp1947 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:03 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
While complimentary UA Premier Silver status is currently a benefit of Bonv°y Titanium Elite status, I have never seen it written anywhere that this UA status is “automatic”.

Even Lifetime Titanium Elite members, I believe, need to register annually to get our comped UA Silver.

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/

For those of us who still need to earn Titanium year-by-year, if Marriott IT continues to be slow and we are quick on the draw, perhaps we can get two UA years for the price of one!

I have never had to reregister...several years running
kev LAX, SPN Lifer, dayone and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Anyone else get bumped down from gold to silver recently?

Trying to reregister on the website nets me an error.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by onthesam
Anyone else get bumped down from gold to silver recently?

Trying to reregister on the website nets me an error.
Gold to Silver on what program? United? All you get there is Premier Silver.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Gold to Silver on what program? United? All you get there is Premier Silver.
Nope - i meant dropped from Bonvoy Gold Elite to Bonvoy Silver Elite as a UA status holder.

Meant to post this in the UA forum where I will post it now. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.