Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My husband's accounts were combined early on. I guess I will have to get after Marriott again as they have dropped the ball. I am so disappointed in this brand.

Karen
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Karen2
My husband and I are both Gold and Million Milers on UA. For a while this year we had Marriott Platinum but now see we are both downgraded to Gold. The way my husband, now retired, traveled on business and was year after year a Black card member, then Gold, he should be at least Lifetime Gold, and he is not. Doesn't buy much but at least after Marriott down grades or drops UA, he will still have Gold. I am very disappointed in Marriott. I thought they had gotten the transition right after all but ALAS!! So far, they have not responded to my husband's letter asking for a review of his account.
UA 1Ks only get Marriott Gold now, so if you are expecting higher status, it will have to be because of your husband’s LT status. So how many Lifetime nights/points/years does he have?

From UA website:

You're golden
You're just moments away from complimentary Marriott BonvoyTM Gold Elite status.*
Enjoy exclusive hotel perks, including:
  • Complimentary enhanced Wi-Fi
  • Guaranteed late checkout as late as 2 p.m.
  • 25% bonus Marriott Bonvoy points on stays
  • And much more
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Karen2
My husband's accounts were combined early on. I guess I will have to get after Marriott again as they have dropped the ball. I am so disappointed in this brand.

Karen
Hi Karen2. I recall you from the PiP back in the old days.

If your problem is with Marriott, may I suggest you contact William R. Sanders, who you may remember used to do wonders as the Starwood Lurker. He has come over to Marriott in the merger and posts under the handle Marriott Bonvoy Lurker. He may be able to help. Maybe a PM?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
So the consensus is that there is no working online option at this point?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: United Silver, Alaska MVP, Hawaiian, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
So I am a Titanium Elite Bonvoy member and saw that I was dropped down to Member status on United despite having had this last year for some strange reason. After a few hours back and forth between Marriott and United on the phone, I think in my case it was on the Marriott side. From what I can understand, once they switched to Bonvoy, the program picked the oldest account on my United trail of accounts I must have had on and off over the years. I didn't initially recognize the last four digits of the United account when requesting the Silver status via the Titanium member's portal found through https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ . The United agent found that the account it was trying to give the status to was from 1993! But she wouldn't release the full account number to me without my having to send a pdf with a gov't issued ID , signature sample and formal email request, just to get the account number so I could merge the accounts. I had to figure out what my old address was from 1993 in order to be more accurate. What a PITA! But if you are like me and were dropped down, this could be one possible reason. I also have an email out to IT from Marriott to see if they could use the United account they have on their end which is the one I was currently using (why it chose to ignore the one on file and dig to give it to an ancient account, I have no idea).
Old May 4, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Has anyone been able to register through the website recently? I'm getting the lovely "Disallowed Key Characters" error "page" and I would love to get this all squared away sooner rather than later, especially with an upcoming United trip on the 15th.

At this point, with how many things I have had to call into Marriott for due to the website not working or things not posting correctly, I'm not exactly surprised.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Berto
Has anyone been able to register through the website recently? I'm getting the lovely "Disallowed Key Characters" error "page" and I would love to get this all squared away sooner rather than later, especially with an upcoming United trip on the 15th.

At this point, with how many things I have had to call into Marriott for due to the website not working or things not posting correctly, I'm not exactly surprised.
Did you use Chrome? I had the same issue. Try open the link using IE or Firefox (I tried one of them and it worked).
Old May 5, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by kwontas
So I am a Titanium Elite Bonvoy member and saw that I was dropped down to Member status on United despite having had this last year for some strange reason. After a few hours back and forth between Marriott and United on the phone, I think in my case it was on the Marriott side. From what I can understand, once they switched to Bonvoy, the program picked the oldest account on my United trail of accounts I must have had on and off over the years. I didn't initially recognize the last four digits of the United account when requesting the Silver status via the Titanium member's portal found through https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ . The United agent found that the account it was trying to give the status to was from 1993! But she wouldn't release the full account number to me without my having to send a pdf with a gov't issued ID , signature sample and formal email request, just to get the account number so I could merge the accounts. I had to figure out what my old address was from 1993 in order to be more accurate. What a PITA! But if you are like me and were dropped down, this could be one possible reason. I also have an email out to IT from Marriott to see if they could use the United account they have on their end which is the one I was currently using (why it chose to ignore the one on file and dig to give it to an ancient account, I have no idea).
+1 on this exact same issue - called and sent an email - No Joy...
Old May 5, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ellaq2008
Did you use Chrome? I had the same issue. Try open the link using IE or Firefox (I tried one of them and it worked).
Yeah, I've tried to use Chrome (desktop and mobile), Edge and Firefox. Guess I'll give ye olde IE a try out tomorrow at the office and see if that makes something happen.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Berto
Yeah, I've tried to use Chrome (desktop and mobile), Edge and Firefox. Guess I'll give ye olde IE a try out tomorrow at the office and see if that makes something happen.
Not surprisingly, it didn't work.

Guess I will have to try to find time to call them? Or can this not be done over the phone?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:07 pm

Sometimes it works out

Originally Posted by kwontas
I had the same issue and emailed united on 05/04 and received an email today ( 06/04) that the issue had been resolved and I was to re apply as before at the rewards plus page and it worked, email came from [email protected].
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:48 pm

I've tried to apply for silver twice with United, using the link, and nothing other than 2 new United numbers, neither one with silver status. Called both Marriott and United, nobody seems to know what is going on or how to fix it. This has been going on for months with no resolution. Has anyone had success actually linking a Marriott account with United recently? And if so, can you please tell me how you did it? I don't want to create yet another United account, as I now have flights on United under one of the accounts I created a few months ago.

FWIW, I'm LTPPE.

Thanks so much!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by wanderlust99
I'm LTPPE.
... um, pretty sure you're not, though, as that doesn't exist anymore. What's your post-merger status now? What's the site say?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... um, pretty sure you're not, though, as that doesn't exist anymore. What's your post-merger status now? What's the site say?
sorry. my bad. still thinking in old terms. Lifetime Titanium Elite.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by wanderlust99
sorry. my bad. still thinking in old terms. Lifetime Titanium Elite.
That's what I'd figured. FWIW, it's been working for me OK, pre- and post-merger; I'm Silver via Marriott (as I haven't set foot on UA metal since 2015).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.