Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
This is what shows on my United Silver account:
Status update in progress. Our site is temporarily unavailable as we close out 2019 Premier qualifications. We expect to be back later this afternoon. If you need immediate assistance, please contact us.
I have a United flight Feb. 3 so hoping status updates by then.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this program continuing with Bonvoy?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Updated (Marriott still showing me as PE):

You didn’t qualify for Premier status this year, but there's always next year! Keep flying to reach Premier status in 2020.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Updated (Marriott still showing me as PE):

You didn’t qualify for Premier status this year, but there's always next year! Keep flying to reach Premier status in 2020.
Did it ever say the below message? did you requalify for PE? I think Marriott will process downgrades when Bonvoy launches mid month but may have already told United the downgrade list

mine still says “ Thank you for your participation in the RewardsPlus program. Before we can extend your Premier Silver status for 2019, we'll need to confirm your 2019 status with Marriott Rewards.”
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Same as above

Need to verify status with Marriott, I am PPE and LTPPE
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by ceber
Need to verify status with Marriott, I am PPE and LTPPE
I got this also, but my UA status was elevated to Silver a couple of days later.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Apparently people are starting to see confirmed united status rolling out (2020 expiry)
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Apparently people are starting to see confirmed united status rolling out (2020 expiry)
Just checked mine and it now shows 1/2020 instead of trial. Thank you for the prompt!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
My UA status is updated to show 1/2020 expiration. Unfortunately, still at Silver, even as a Bonvoy Ambassador.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:28 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Come on Marriott & United. Give Bonvoy Titaniums the United Premier Gold status !
That would be very very expensive. United Premier Gold has Star Alliance Gold Status. This means that would allow those with United Premier Gold Marriott users access to global Star Alliance lounges. This would bleed United quite heavily as they get dinged every time a member uses a non-united Star Alliance Gold lounge. In additional there would likely be a roar of complaints from those current United Premier Gold who has to spend min $US6000 a year to fly with 50000 miles.

A better enhancement to the Bonvoy program would be a better use of resources.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:48 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by yeunganson
That would be very very expensive. United Premier Gold has Star Alliance Gold Status. This means that would allow those with United Premier Gold Marriott users access to global Star Alliance lounges. This would bleed United quite heavily as they get dinged every time a member uses a non-united Star Alliance Gold lounge. In additional there would likely be a roar of complaints from those current United Premier Gold who has to spend min $US6000 a year to fly with 50000 miles.

A better enhancement to the Bonvoy program would be a better use of resources.
This is assuming that we take advantage of the gold status... myself and a few others i know never flew more than a few flights with United. Only once was it international to use the SA lounges. Many of us AMB/LTPP/LTT don't fly united.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by t1c
This is assuming that we take advantage of the gold status... myself and a few others i know never flew more than a few flights with United. Only once was it international to use the SA lounges. Many of us AMB/LTPP/LTT don't fly united.
As long you fly SA airline like NH, SQ, LH..etc not only just United, you can access almost all SA's business lounges.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:55 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by tomwhom
As long you fly SA airline like NH, SQ, LH..etc not only just United, you can access almost all SA's business lounges.
Yes you are correct i was just looking at domestic routes.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:28 pm

In the past, as a Marriott platinum I would have to sign up again for United Silver each year. Last year, I got email reminders from Marriott in regards to signing up for Hertz 5 star and United Silver. I didn't get those emails this year, but my United account says that I am still Silver due to their agreement with Marriott.

Does this mean that we no longer have to link the accounts each year and that it is automatic now? That would be nice...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Jaunts
Does this mean that we no longer have to link the accounts each year and that it is automatic now?
Maybe because I'd been Lifetime Plat when this program started, but I've never had to re-enroll, it's just there. (Too bad I've only flown UA 4 times in the last 8 years, but Silvers out of SFO might as well be first-time-flyers anyway )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.