Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:22 pm

Matched my Marriott Titanium status to UA Silver, flew United out of EWR and it was a worse experience with UA silver status than many other airlines with no status...
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
EWR is a terrible experience for everyone, there is no getting around that - it is simply America's worst airport, bar none

Clear will help a bit, whenever it does come

GS lobby nice for those folks, as is Classified for those w/access
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:55 am

Is it just me or does this link not work
https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by nova08
Is it just me or does this link not work
See posts 1228, 1229
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
EWR is a terrible experience for everyone, there is no getting around that - it is simply America's worst airport, bar none

Clear will help a bit, whenever it does come

GS lobby nice for those folks, as is Classified for those w/access
UA Flight was delayed. So when the boarding process happened, gate agents basically boarded everyone together regardless of status/boarding group. People in high groups were boarding before me. When I get to the front the gate agent tags my roller bag for checkin even though it fits just fine in the overhead bins and I have probably carried it on like 100 flights and I had silver status and should have been one of the first on the plane.

I won't be flying UA again, even with the free silver status. I gave them a chance.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by churning
I had silver status and should have been one of the first on the plane.
Sounds like an expectations adjustment is in order. As a Silver, you're lucky if you make the first half of pax on the aircraft. You're behind (among others) GS, 1K, Plat, Gold, and all premium cabin passengers. Really not much different from bottom tier on DL or AA.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlust99
Ok, I tried this and will now wait 7-10 days to see if it worked. But it did recognize that I already had a United number, which it didn't before, so maybe this will work. Thanks for the tip.

and.... of course, it did not work. sigh. any other helpful suggestions?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like an expectations adjustment is in order. As a Silver, you're lucky if you make the first half of pax on the aircraft. You're behind (among others) GS, 1K, Plat, Gold, and all premium cabin passengers. Really not much different from bottom tier on DL or AA.
Agreed that silver status on any airline is barely above the general population and probably insignificantly higher than the co-branded credit card holders. However, I've done pretty well with unearned (i.e., via Marriott LTT) United silver status. I don't fly them often, but because there are very few elite UA flyers out of CLT, in the past couple of years, I've gotten an upgrade to First on more than half the flights I've taken on UA (about six flights, I think).
Counsellor and kalo93406 like this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExArkie
Agreed that silver status on any airline is barely above the general population and probably insignificantly higher than the co-branded credit card holders. However, I've done pretty well with unearned (i.e., via Marriott LTT) United silver status. I don't fly them often, but because there are very few elite UA flyers out of CLT, in the past couple of years, I've gotten an upgrade to First on more than half the flights I've taken on UA (about six flights, I think).
In my case as a taller person, I've gotten E+ seat selection at 24-hour check-in on every flight I've taken on UA so far since the United Silver status due to Marriott started (I was yearly Plat before becoming LTT this year). I wouldn't get that with a credit card, would I? (And I wouldn't keep flying UA so much if I weren't getting E+ on every flight or close to it.)

But of course, which benefits each person values varies from person to person.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Free United Silver Status

I just found out that you are platinum or above, United will give you silver status.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Is this platinum and above? Or Bonvoy Titanium and above?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Where are you seeing this? Thought you had to be titanium or above.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by knownothing
I just found out that you are platinum or above, United will give you silver status.
Yes, please do tell where you got this info. That would be wonderful if true.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: United, Delta, American
RewardsPlus - problems upgrading to Bonvoy Gold

I am a United Mileage Plus Gold member. United as a reciprocal program with Marriott that gives all United Gold members automatic status to Marriott Bonvoy Gold. I have already signed up multiple times at the program website (https://rewardsplus.unitedmileageplus.com) but I'm still listed as a Bonvoy Silver member. I have called, emailed and Tweeted both United Mileage Plus and Marriott Bonvoy but each company keeps referring me to the other! And blaming each other for not upgrading my status. Yesterday I thought I finally made headway with Marriott when the nice customer service agent promised to send me an email that would fix it all. Instead she emailed me a link to a United website (United.com/doublestatus) which goes to...you guessed it .. back to the RewardsPlus website. Has anyone else encountered such problems and any magic words or phone numbers to resolve this issue? Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
I erred. It is titanium or ambassador

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.