Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Qualified for Titanium in 2021 and 2022
UA Silver stayed in Feb 2022 but dropped today
Reapplied on the website, said it couldn't find my UA number
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Looks like mine auto updated itself to 1/24. I'm guessing this is new? Reading through comments it seemed like we had to re-request previously.
Where on the UA site do you see your status expiration date?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I see it on the app if you click on your account and then click on the Premier card in the passes section (next to where they try to sell you a United Club membership).
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by joeags
I didn't have to request it again over the past few years, and I'm not lifetime titanium. I remember a few years back the conclusion was that it was just hit and miss if your United Silver status transferred to the new year automatically. I did not hit titanium last year, and I've been dropped from Silver to member by United.
I was Titanium for 2022 but only requalified for Platinum.

I took it for granted the United Silver would last as long as the Titanium status (until March, 2023), but to my surprise I was demoted Feb 1.

This is frustrating, as the award ticket I was planning to get is now 3X the price in miles. Had I known the demotion would happen early I would have booked the award ticket in January and just hoped our plans didn't change.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I took it for granted the United Silver would last as long as the Titanium status (until March, 2023), but to my surprise I was demoted Feb 1.
United status can be earned through the calendar year and always expires on January 31. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...r/qualify.html
They don't have a special system set up for Marriott.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post # 1352)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast (Post # 1353)
I see it on the app if you click on your account and then click on the Premier card in the passes section (next to where they try to sell you a United Club membership).
Yes, the United app has a copy of one's MileagePlus Premier card, with expiration date of "Valid thru 01/2024" under My Account >> Passes and subscriptions, right above Your Premier progress, with its circles showing PQF and PQP.
PHLGovFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 8:05 am

Submitted 2/1, Im Silver again, Valid thru Trial
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:30 pm

I submitted the match through the Marriott site and presto, 24hrs later I see I am back to Premier Silver on UA (for how long, who knows).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:37 pm

Having just booked some United flights for work, I am wondering whether the upgrade options I am seeing now are going to disappear once my silver status ends.

I haven't flown on a United flight in about 5 years, so all these options are new to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Clicking the Upgrade Cabin button, I see KIX-SFO United Premium Plus $300 instant confirmation or 30,000 miles (for the waitlist). I value that number of miles at much more than the $300 cash.

The other option for KIX-SFO in Polaris is $5,807 or 30,000+550. So an extra $250+30,000 to move from Premium Plus to Polaris (but waitlist). That would include the SFO-PDX leg as well (but still waitlist).

I haven't flown either PremPlus or Polaris, so I am not sure what I am missing. It is a 5:30pm departure and a 10hr flight, so unlikely to sleep more than 3-4 hours. Polaris might not be worth $550+30,000.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Here it is Feb. 21 and my silver elite status with United has not been updated. I am LTT and this happens every year. So far I have notified the Lurker, called the Titanium CSR and called the regular Bonvoy number. I have had a case # now for almost 2 weeks. I get responses all over the place from call United, or we don't have your United rewards #, etc. I know Bonvoy has my United mileage # because a CSR read it to me on one of the many calls I have made. With international United flights coming up, this is so frustrating. I have asked to speak with a supervisor and still not results. I have called United and they say it's on Bonvoy to submit documentation of my Titanium status.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by jtp1947
Did you call the dedicated Titanium service line? That is what finally worked for me. The Lurker(s) asked for my information and said they would help, but they didn't.

888 625 4991
Originally Posted by jtp1947
I have asked to speak with a supervisor and still not results. I have called United and they say it's on Bonvoy to submit documentation of my Titanium status.
I saw posts somewhere where they got it worked out. Maybe try this number? You mention international flight. I'm curious where Silver will help you on that? Booked in a light class with no baggage allowed? On united? Domestic leg? Hope you get it sorted out. On my return from Bangkok recently my final leg was domestic and did get a 1st upgrade. Not sure why I'm not going through the struggle you are as I'm actually supposed to be downgraded to Platinum this year, but ~Jan 27 submitted to United for silver again hoping it would carry over until end of Feb. My account says "valid through trial". So ridiculous they can't have this happen automatically for those who are Titanium especially LTT. Seems like results are all over the place as to what happens. Hard to understand. Good luck!
jtp1947 and silverforumsurf like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:42 am

Silver can get you bulkhead Y+ on international flights at OLCI and 70lb bag, pretty worth it
SPN Lifer, kalo93406 and jtp1947 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Thanks for your response. Silver on a international flight on United metal will allow us 70 lb. checked bags as opposed to 50 lbs.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by kalo93406
I saw posts somewhere where they got it worked out. Maybe try this number? You mention international flight. I'm curious where Silver will help you on that? Booked in a light class with no baggage allowed? On united? Domestic leg? Hope you get it sorted out. On my return from Bangkok recently my final leg was domestic and did get a 1st upgrade. Not sure why I'm not going through the struggle you are as I'm actually supposed to be downgraded to Platinum this year, but ~Jan 27 submitted to United for silver again hoping it would carry over until end of Feb. My account says "valid through trial". So ridiculous they can't have this happen automatically for those who are Titanium especially LTT. Seems like results are all over the place as to what happens. Hard to understand. Good luck!
I'm hoping my expiring Titanium carries the Silver until mid-March...am I dreaming?

Right now my flights have Silver notes such as domestic 1st class waitlist and E+ possible 24hr before check-in. Also shows the larger luggage allowance. Also was able to book a preferred seat with companion for free.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jtp1947 (Post # 1360)
Here it is Feb. 21 and my silver elite status with United has not been updated. I am LTT and this happens every year. So far I have notified the Lurker, called the Titanium CSR and called the regular Bonvoy number. I have had a case # now for almost 2 weeks.
Did you try registering on the website?

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/
jtp1947 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.