Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
And if you make Plat Premier they give you UA Gold.
Unless something has recently changed that was a short term promotion which ended last year.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Ive been Plat Premier for the last two years(current year and last year) and did not receive UA Gold either time. Only silver.

Gold would be a nice perk to the unofficial perks of Premier. Most of the US properties dont even recognize it and, if they do, they just thank me for it. They may not even know what it means.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I am currently a Lifetime Platinum and was also Platinum Premiere last year. This year I am vanilla Platinum (both Lifetime and earned by my stays last year). I am UA Gold for the 2nd year in a row. I typically only fly 4 to 6 UA domestic segments (max). per year and wouldn't earn any UA status without the Marriott Rewards Reciprocity Program. So I am not sure why I am still UA Gold this year, perhaps a holdover from my Marriott Platinum Premiere last year; however, it is nice. I like being able to select E+ seats in advance and I also got a complimentary First Class upgrade on recent flight from PIT to EWR. I expect I will probably revert to UA Silver again next year but will enjoy UA Gold for as long as it lasts.

--Jon
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:52 pm

That's not true at all.

Some did receive it last year but it was only a promo. PP earns you the same as Plat on UA .... Silver status
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I am currently a Lifetime Platinum and was also Platinum Premiere last year. This year I am vanilla Platinum (both Lifetime and earned by my stays last year). I am UA Gold for the 2nd year in a row. I typically only fly 4 to 6 UA domestic segments (max). per year and wouldn't earn any UA status without the Marriott Rewards Reciprocity Program. So I am not sure why I am still UA Gold this year, perhaps a holdover from my Marriott Platinum Premiere last year; however, it is nice. I like being able to select E+ seats in advance and I also got a complimentary First Class upgrade on recent flight from PIT to EWR. I expect I will probably revert to UA Silver again next year but will enjoy UA Gold for as long as it lasts.

--Jon
Interesting, as I was told yesterday, by three different Marriott agents, that you have to sign up again each year for the program. While I insisted that nobody on FT appeared to have to sign up again, they insisted that was the case. I would have purchased a UA ticket yesterday, but since I might have had to pay to check a bag, I didn't.

Like another poster, I was told that it would be done within 24 hours, and it was!

BTW, I was another PP (when I was still PP) who did not enroll in the promotion when it was giving Gold, and when I tried to get Gold was told it was a limited time promotion.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Unless something has recently changed that was a short term promotion which ended last year.
I called Marriott Rewards yesterday, gave the agent my MileagePlus number, and got an email from United this morning saying there was a change to my account. I looked in the app and am now silver. So, it's still valid.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by PeakTek78
I called Marriott Rewards yesterday, gave the agent my MileagePlus number, and got an email from United this morning saying there was a change to my account. I looked in the app and am now silver. So, it's still valid.
The short term promo was for PPs being given gold. Silver for Plats is an ongoing longer term promo.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The short term promo was for PPs being given gold. Silver for Plats is an ongoing longer term promo.
Is that promo over?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Is that promo over?
Yes, unless it was started back up again. When I was PP, both me and someone else who was posting about it found this out at about the same time. People who got in on time have been able to keep Gold, but if you do not already have it, it is no longer being given. See Post #533 and on: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ounced-36.html

Last edited by CJKatl; Apr 27, 2016 at 2:22 pm
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by PeakTek78
The post of mine you quoted was dealing just with the Marriott PP to UA gold. That promo is over.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Is that promo over?
Marriott Plat and PP to UA Silver is ongoing.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
To answer a couple of questions:

I have not earned any status with United since the beginning of this promo (3 years ago?). Closest I came was last year with just over 20K miles so my status by flying would be just a general member.

I signed up the first year this was offered and I have maintained silver status on UA since then - I have not had to do anything, it's automatically been extended.

Bruce
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BruceWG
I signed up the first year this was offered and I have maintained silver status on UA since then - I have not had to do anything, it's automatically been extended.
And the reverse is also true. As a UA elite, Marriott gold has auto-renewed for me for several years now.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
I had no clue!!!

I am PP and was told buy ANA in Narita on 17 April that since I am a Gold Star Alliance member and I could use the lounge. I was surprised. It took me a few days to figure it out.

I had tried United in the beginning of last year to see if I wanted to leave Delta....I totally hated it...and this was while they status matched me to 1K.

My first shock was the boxed breakfast.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by Rondelltg
I am PP and was told buy ANA in Narita on 17 April that since I am a Gold Star Alliance member and I could use the lounge. I was surprised. It took me a few days to figure it out.

I had tried United in the beginning of last year to see if I wanted to leave Delta....I totally hated it...and this was while they status matched me to 1K.

My first shock was the boxed breakfast.
I'm hoping against hope that Delta-SPG carries over to Marriott. Inever seem to have the right combo of FF programs...Although the United Silver card is fun to hang on my bag with my Delta tags.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:34 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by orca15
I'm hoping against hope that Delta-SPG carries over to Marriott. Inever seem to have the right combo of FF programs...Although the United Silver card is fun to hang on my bag with my Delta tags.
I'm with you on this! But with me almost being lifetime Plat I might have to give them a try when delta flights are non competitively priced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.