Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
FWIW, later tonight I'm on UA for the first time in a long time, cashing in a 25K domestic 1W award. I was able to select E+ at booking and I get two bags free; this trip replaces a WN segment 'cause I was able to take advantage of UA's red-eye on that route.
25k one-way? Isn't that a "standard" award? That's why you were able to select E+ at booking, I bet, not because of your MileagePlus Silver status. In fact, you would have been able to select E+ at booking on a "standard" award with no status at all, I think.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Incorrect. Standard awards do not get you E+ for free (I just tried a dummy booking). The only way you would get it at booking is gold/higher status or booking within 24 hours as a silver.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:47 am
RNE

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Incorrect. Standard awards do not get you E+ for free (I just tried a dummy booking). The only way you would get it at booking is gold/higher status or booking within 24 hours as a silver.
Or if the OP knows someone (also booked on the flight/s in question) who will call United.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:36 am

[QUOTE=TommyC80;24928545]I was upgraded from UA Silver to UA Gold last month. I am a Lifetime Platinum and also qualified for Platinum Premier status this year.

Interestingly I didn't receive anything in the mail notifying me of the change. I had a feeling it might have been because of Marriott PP status, but wanted to keep my mouth shut until someone else said something

I've been Lifetime Platinum w/Marriott for a couple of years. Status is still Silver on UA.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Yes, Platinum Premiers, you are supposed to be United GOLD

After waiting and wonder and reading on the Marriott Insiders site that this is a real benefit for Platinum Premiers through RewardsPlus, I called the PP line and asked about it. The person I spoke to transferred me to Marriott Rewards, and the woman I spoke to there said that she would contact their United rep and take care of it. I have no idea how long it will take, but I am quite pleased.

This benefit may not mean much for some PPs, but I will use it and appreciate it. E+ seating at check in, 2 checked bags for up to 8 people on my reservation, and the occasional (though not frequent) upgrade will be great. And it's a win-win. With these benefits I'll choose United over other airlines, even if it costs a bit more (the bags make up for it). Also, as a Lifetime Platinum, this gives me an incentive to keep my spending with Marriott, in order to remain PP and maintain my United status.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:27 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by lexdevil
And it's a win-win. With these benefits I'll choose United over other airlines...
A win-win indeed. I choose Marriott over other hotels because my United status gives me Marriott Gold.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, I'll be taking my 2nd UA trip since getting *G via Marriott, this one a revenue ticket because UA has red-eyes WN doesn't, so I guess this perq has added at least $350 to UAs bottom line.

It'll be interesting to see what my upgrade chances are (I'm going SFO-ORD-DTW).

BTW, on the previous flight I'd mentioned above I'd run into IRROPS as we'd had an MX on the SFO-ORD leg that meant I was going to miss my connection by about 1.5hrs; when I called UA I was immediately transferred to the "Gold Line"(?) and was told I was already moved (and "protected", I think was the term she'd used) onto the next flight automatically, which was nice (a 753 full of people were all trying to redo connections).
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:31 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
FWIW, I'll be taking my 2nd UA trip since getting *G via Marriott, this one a revenue ticket because UA has red-eyes WN doesn't, so I guess this perq has added at least $350 to UAs bottom line.

It'll be interesting to see what my upgrade chances are (I'm going SFO-ORD-DTW).

BTW, on the previous flight I'd mentioned above I'd run into IRROPS as we'd had an MX on the SFO-ORD leg that meant I was going to miss my connection by about 1.5hrs; when I called UA I was immediately transferred to the "Gold Line"(?) and was told I was already moved (and "protected", I think was the term she'd used) onto the next flight automatically, which was nice (a 753 full of people were all trying to redo connections).
from SFO->ORD..chances are zero. Anything from SFO needs a 1k or GS for free upgrade....unless your trip is odd hours
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Yeah, I'm like 7th on the SFO-ORD F waitlist
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
My MileagePlus account shows no status. The Website also indicates there is a four segment minimum required for any status. Does this mean I need to wait until I fly four segments to get Gold, or is the four segment requirement not applicable for PPs getting Gold status? I'm flying UA in a couple weeks and will need to check a bag, so this will make a difference.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:51 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
My MileagePlus account shows no status. The Website also indicates there is a four segment minimum required for any status. Does this mean I need to wait until I fly four segments to get Gold, or is the four segment requirement not applicable for PPs getting Gold status? I'm flying UA in a couple weeks and will need to check a bag, so this will make a difference.
Complementary status is given regardless of any of the other qualifying pieces.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by NDN
Complementary status is given regardless of any of the other qualifying pieces.
Thanks. I'll call Marriott Rewards and get it straightened out.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Have you registered for RewardsPlus to link your Marriott and United accounts? You will not receive status (Silver or Gold) unless you do. Marriott Rewards members can sign up here.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by lexdevil
Have you registered for RewardsPlus to link your Marriott and United accounts? You will not receive status (Silver or Gold) unless you do. Marriott Rewards members can sign up here.
Yes, so that's not the issue. Since linking them, I've checked back several times. It's been well over a month since they were linked. My coworker had suggested zero segments might be the issue, but here on FT people don't think that's the issue. I'm home all next week and will deal with it.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:09 pm

duplicate post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.