Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Smiley90
How do you feel about the Ren Cap? Mainly speaking from a walkable/restaurant-experience and transit to sights. It's quite a bit cheaper than the St. Regis (unsurprisingly). Otherwise I might just use 150k points for 5 nights at the St. Regis, that seems worthwhile.
I actually used to work there (not really for the hotel), and I lived 2 minutes away. Lots of people live in Shuangjing these days because it is a little cheaper than the CBD. I really like the neighborhood in spite of the fact that there aren't any standout restaurants.

My opinion of the Ren is pretty neutral. When it first opened, Marriott brought in one of its best GMs, and it was almost awesome. I can't that it's awesome anymore, but it is a lot cheaper than the St. Regis and Westin.

I think the location is decent for tourism, though it is about 3 km further from the St Regis to downtown. On the plus side, it is closer to Sanlitun and the CBD.

I know this is a Marriott thread, but you should also consider both of the Hyatts (up thread, I advised you against Wangfujing, but the GH is remarkably convenient), and the Shangri-Las in the CBD (there are actually 4 of them).
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
How do you feel about the Ren Cap? Mainly speaking from a walkable/restaurant-experience and transit to sights. It's quite a bit cheaper than the St. Regis (unsurprisingly). Otherwise I might just use 150k points for 5 nights at the St. Regis, that seems worthwhile.
I stayed at both StR and Ren Cap for work, neither is that close to a subway (15-20 min walk). The queue to get out of Ren Cap in a car is a lot worse than StR. It took me literally 20 mins to get out of the block where Ren was by taxis. St Regis is also closer to sights.

St Regis is more quiet and safe. It’s got more foreigners and their breakfast is less chaotic than that of Ren Cap.

St Regis doesn’t have a lounge though and you need to trade in 1000 welcome amenity points for breakfast.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I stayed at both StR and Ren Cap for work, neither is that close to a subway (15-20 min walk). The queue to get out of Ren Cap in a car is a lot worse than StR. It took me literally 20 mins to get out of the block where Ren was by taxis. St Regis is also closer to sights.

St Regis is more quiet and safe. It’s got more foreigners and their breakfast is less chaotic than that of Ren Cap.

St Regis doesn’t have a lounge though and you need to trade in 1000 welcome amenity points for breakfast.
The Cap Ren is very close (e.g. 5 minutes max) to the Shuangjing subway station, and the St Regis is a 10 minute walk from Jianguomen, but I agree with you that neither of these subway stations are especially useful.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by moondog
I actually used to work there (not really for the hotel), and I lived 2 minutes away. Lots of people live in Shuangjing these days because it is a little cheaper than the CBD. I really like the neighborhood in spite of the fact that there aren't any standout restaurants.

My opinion of the Ren is pretty neutral. When it first opened, Marriott brought in one of its best GMs, and it was almost awesome. I can't that it's awesome anymore, but it is a lot cheaper than the St. Regis and Westin.

I think the location is decent for tourism, though it is about 3 km further from the St Regis to downtown. On the plus side, it is closer to Sanlitun and the CBD.

I know this is a Marriott thread, but you should also consider both of the Hyatts (up thread, I advised you against Wangfujing, but the GH is remarkably convenient), and the Shangri-Las in the CBD (there are actually 4 of them).

Thanks for these, very helpful. My lower-price alternative is actually the new Sofitel that's basically across the street from the St. Regis
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:06 pm

Thanks for these, very helpful. My lower-price alternative is actually the new Sofitel that's basically across the street from the St. Regis
That used to be the W. I stayed there and cut my reservation short after two nights. Maybe it’s better under Sofitel
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:55 pm

While this might not be a big deal for you, it's on the wrong side of a big street.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
FWI

I suggest you go with the westin chaoyang in this case. My second pick would be Marriott NE .
Just a CNY- FYI, The Weston EL is open the week of CNY & the Marriott NE EL is closed that week, but the Mrt NE (my favorite) EL will open on friday the 31st.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While this might not be a big deal for you, it's on the wrong side of a big street.
Well I've made reservations at both and I'll present it to my better half and let her decide, so I'm not on the hook. Thanks for all the advice! The other alternative would be the Eclat which is on the "correct" side of the street and has pretty glowing tripadvisor reviews, but not part of any chain.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:54 pm

Well I've made reservations at both and I'll present it to my better half and let her decide, so I'm not on the hook. Thanks for all the advice! The other alternative would be the Eclat which is on the "correct" side of the street and has pretty glowing tripadvisor reviews, but not part of any chain.
I’d say the St Regis beat the old W (now Sofitel) by 10000 miles in terms of service and convenience.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’d say the St Regis beat the old W (now Sofitel) by 10000 miles in terms of service and convenience.
Would you recommend it with regards to being in a walkable district (e.g. restaurants, coffee shops etc)? I understand the location with two subway lines near Jianguomen is pretty great to get around the city (esp. given that we're staying a week), and probably not as taxi-nightmareish as Wangfujing.

(Also open to any other neighborhood/district recommendations!)

Otherwise we'll probably just stick with the St. Regis, even if my S.O. deems it "too fancy" for a city hotel where we don't spent too much time.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:45 pm

Best Overall Lounge/Staycation

My first post! I’ve been stalking flyer talk for years and finally decided to jump in and ask a question.

I live in Beijing and am looking for a weekend staycation (away from the kids) at one of the Bonvoy hotels. My go-to is usually the Rosewood hotel for these weekends, but since I’m currently Bonvoy Platinum I figured I should use some of the benefits.

I could care less about location or being near tourist spots. 90% of the time, I’ll be hanging out in the bedroom, the bathtub, and the lounge with a book. Maybe eat in the hotel restaurant if the food is considered good and the lounge doesn’t suffice-but ideally it does. Anyone have a preference on what’s the best overall pure hotel experience for this?
Old Aug 2, 2020, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Mewbeast
My first post! I’ve been stalking flyer talk for years and finally decided to jump in and ask a question.

I live in Beijing and am looking for a weekend staycation (away from the kids) at one of the Bonvoy hotels. My go-to is usually the Rosewood hotel for these weekends, but since I’m currently Bonvoy Platinum I figured I should use some of the benefits.

I could care less about location or being near tourist spots. 90% of the time, I’ll be hanging out in the bedroom, the bathtub, and the lounge with a book. Maybe eat in the hotel restaurant if the food is considered good and the lounge doesn’t suffice-but ideally it does. Anyone have a preference on what’s the best overall pure hotel experience for this?
RC Beijing and JWM have great lounge and nice serving. RC lounge serve premium alcoholic drinks (I don't drink, so don't really know how good is it). I feel the lounges food should be enough for daily meal. RC lounge is not accessible by elite status. So I would say JWM would be one of the good choice for staycation.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:18 am

Marriott NE would be my pick if location was not a concern.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by FQ415
RC Beijing and JWM have great lounge and nice serving. RC lounge serve premium alcoholic drinks (I don't drink, so don't really know how good is it). I feel the lounges food should be enough for daily meal. RC lounge is not accessible by elite status. So I would say JWM would be one of the good choice for staycation.
Even a Titanium can't access the Ritz-Carlton Beijing's lounge?
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Ren Cap as in this one? https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...capital-hotel/

I stayed there last November and I think it was only a 15-20 min walk to Line 1. There is another subway station on another line that is much closer.

Off-topic, but I just noticed that Marriott didn't count my stay there. I'll have to submit a request to get this stay added to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.