Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:01 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
I suppose a new thread (not in the Marriott forum) might be in order,
but following are key memories:
-there was a club in Beijing called Nightman; those guys dropped Y10 notes from a spaceship
-the Den was our main Beijing hangout until 2000
-Vic's was also really cool, but that was a 3a thing
-then, we started going to Huxley's
-after Goalei and Huxley broke up, we went to Gaolei's places
-Hooters arrived on the scene, and Gaolei's waitresses jumped ship
-Shanghai wasn't nearly as cool, but it caught up with Beijing rapidly
-the Westin brunch was effectively Y175 pp, including free flow
-Face
-Crocus
-Goga
-all of Fuxing Park

Now, both are kind of stale cities.
So Beijing clubbing > Shanghai clubbing in your experience? Ive been to Mix and Element in Beijing but didnt think it was anything special. I thought Fusion and Myst were pretty whack during that era of Shanghai. However, I loved ASL a lot. Sad to see it go.

Ironically, I ended my first night at ASL in the EDITION lol.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WasKnown
So Beijing clubbing > Shanghai clubbing in your experience? I’ve been to Mix and Element in Beijing but didn’t think it was anything special. I thought Fusion and Myst were pretty whack during that era of Shanghai. However, I loved ASL a lot. Sad to see it go.

Ironically, I ended my first night at ASL in the EDITION lol.
I'm way too old for clubbing, but Beijing in its prime really was #1. HK and SH didn't have the same energy.

Beijing was awarded the 2008 Olympics in 2001. Things were nuts after that. Now, I guess we're reduced to stale hotel stays.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
I'm pretty sure we have more than 2 new cases because my biz partner's compound is on lockdown. If you (or anyone else is around on Monday night), we're going to the Shed (Shanxi Road just south of Kangding Road).
Haha, you'll probably bump into me from time to time as my daughter and I frequents the Shed (she's a big sports fan).
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Haha, you'll probably bump into me from time to time as my daughter and I frequents the Shed (she's a big sports fan).
I only go there on Mondays, but please stop by.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:06 am

China pics
WasKnown likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Trying to decide between the St. Regis, Ren WFJ, Westin FS, and two JWs for my three-day trip in Oct. Only stayed the Westin once during the 08 Olympic and haven't been to Beijing for over a decade. Mainly focused on the room quality and breakfast offerings. Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
Trying to decide between the St. Regis, Ren WFJ, Westin FS, and two JWs for my three-day trip in Oct. Only stayed the Westin once during the 08 Olympic and haven't been to Beijing for over a decade. Mainly focused on the room quality and breakfast offerings. Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
JWs, Westin and Ren should all have similar breakfast quality - which is ten times better than any Marriott lounge/club offering in US.
Never stayed at St. Regis, which is a bit outdated from i heard, but i'd expect great breakfast too.
I'd focus on location for your convenience, traffic there sucks big time.
Old May 11, 2023, 12:23 pm

Wanted to ask the collective group how Bonvoy in China handle requests for non-smoking rooms.

I noticed that booking through Bonvoy, the rooms themselves do not show smoking/non-smoking options, versus booking through OTAs where they have listings specifying smoking/non-smoking per room type.
Does Bonvoy just rely on our account preference settings?
Old May 11, 2023, 1:47 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Wanted to ask the collective group how Bonvoy in China handle requests for non-smoking rooms.

I noticed that booking through Bonvoy, the rooms themselves do not show smoking/non-smoking options, versus booking through OTAs where they have listings specifying smoking/non-smoking per room type.
Does Bonvoy just rely on our account preference settings?
I believe so. At most properties, your preference for a non smoking room is supposed to be guaranteed. In practice, Im sure thats not always the case.
Old May 11, 2023, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
I believe so. At most properties, your preference for a non smoking room is supposed to be guaranteed. In practice, Im sure thats not always the case.
Is it guaranteed?

The only reference I could find regarding smoking/non-smoking preference is the Plat+ room type guarantee, and even there, it says that smoking/non-smoking is honored based on availability.

Seems odd to me that Bonvoy doesn't have the option for explicitly booking a "non-smoking" room type, compared to some OTAs...
Old May 31, 2023, 7:20 am

Long time lurker here.

I'm looking to use a 35K cert in Beijing around early August. Marriott web shows that Renaissance Wangfujing is more expansive than RC, StR etc. I know cash fare does not translate into better product, is there a particular reason for a premium brand to charge more than luxury brands in the same city? Which hotel would you recommend for a 35K cert?
Old May 31, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by duckduckgo
Long time lurker here.

I'm looking to use a 35K cert in Beijing around early August. Marriott web shows that Renaissance Wangfujing is more expansive than RC, StR etc. I know cash fare does not translate into better product, is there a particular reason for a premium brand to charge more than luxury brands in the same city? Which hotel would you recommend for a 35K cert?
Most likely some prefer the Renaissance location for tourist stuff as wangfujing is a great walking area and close to Tiananmen and the Forbidden City. The RC finance street is a little out of the way but a nice hotel. I typically stay at STR even though it is old and falling apart. The breakfast is still great and I usually get suites which are old, falling apart but huge. And the Butler staff friendly. I prefer the str location but that's probably just nostalgia from my trips on the area over last 25 yrs. It's an old old hotel.

I'd choose In bj based on where you want to go as travel can be bad.
duckduckgo likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Most likely some prefer the Renaissance location for tourist stuff as wangfujing is a great walking area and close to Tiananmen and the Forbidden City. The RC finance street is a little out of the way but a nice hotel. I typically stay at STR even though it is old and falling apart. The breakfast is still great and I usually get suites which are old, falling apart but huge. And the Butler staff friendly. I prefer the str location but that's probably just nostalgia from my trips on the area over last 25 yrs. It's an old old hotel.

I'd choose In bj based on where you want to go as travel can be bad.
There are two RCs in Beijing, Financial Street and China Central Place. I would not choose the former under any circumstances. The latter, on the other hand, has locational merits because it's just outside 3rd Ring in Chaoyang. The area is less touristy than Wangfujing, but you only need one day to do Tiananmen + Beihai. There is also a JW Marriott at China Central Place, and the Capital Ren is in Shuangjing (I hear that its quality has declined quite a bit, though).

1 day in Beijing
duckduckgo likes this.

Last edited by moondog; May 31, 2023 at 7:56 am
Old May 31, 2023, 8:42 am

Whats difference between 2 RCs? I have been the classic one before Covid but seems no any notable stuffs?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Has the Courtyard Northeast closed? I see it on Google maps, but I do not see it on the Bonvoy website or the app.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.