Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:58 pm
  #661  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by moondog
1. The Beijing card was in a class by itself in terms of value
2. I've always been able to get elite nights, but had to negotiate
3. The most recent RC Pudong coupon book I had included lounge passes; I wasn't super impressed by the lounge there
How was the hors d'oeuvres in the lounge? Looking for details.
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:09 pm
  #662  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 41,500
Originally Posted by lsquare
How was the hors d'oeuvres in the lounge? Looking for details.
It's definitely better than most Marriott lounges. The thing is, if you are only staying there for 2 nights, you should focus your time on Flair (at the risk of repeating myself, it is mind blowing). IIRC, the coupon book gives you Y300, and you get almost half price for additional spending there...iff you only bring one other person with you. Chili's (downstairs) is also surprisingly nice.
lsquare likes this.
moondog is online now  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:12 pm
  #663  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by moondog
It's definitely better than most Marriott lounges. The thing is, if you are only staying there for 2 nights, you should focus your time on Flair (at the risk of repeating myself, it is mind blowing). IIRC, the coupon book gives you Y300, and you get almost half price for additional spending there...iff you only bring one other person with you. Chili's (downstairs) is also surprisingly nice.
Please tell me more about Flair and I know you mentioned it before. What is dinner time? Not possible to go to lounge and then go to get dinner after 7:30 PM or so? I don't understand what you mean by the 300 credit and additional spending are almost 50% off. I'm assuming I can charge my entire bill to my room?

So elite nights are not automatic? You had to negotiate it? I'm guessing this might cost the hotel so that's why they are doing that?
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:25 pm
  #664  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 41,500
Originally Posted by lsquare
Please tell me more about Flair and I know you mentioned it before. What is dinner time? Not possible to go to lounge and then go to get dinner after 7:30 PM or so? I don't understand what you mean by the 300 credit and additional spending are almost 50% off. I'm assuming I can charge my entire bill to my room?

So elite nights are not automatic? You had to negotiate it? I'm guessing this might cost the hotel so that's why they are doing that?
1. you can find lots of Flair pics via Google search; the Y300 coupon is sufficient to get two drinks; I ate there twice...not spectacular; you are paying for the view; make sure the weather is nice because it is outdoors (a unique carrot because the PH and GH don't offer this)
2. sure, you can cobble together a dinner in the lounge, but why bother?
3. the "50% off" thing is a bit confusing, and naturally stacked against us, but bringing ONE other person is critical
4. wrt "negotiation", you need to actively ask for elite credit. This is not an especially challenging dialog because the card people want to sell cards
lsquare likes this.
moondog is online now  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:51 pm
  #665  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by moondog
1. you can find lots of Flair pics via Google search; the Y300 coupon is sufficient to get two drinks; I ate there twice...not spectacular; you are paying for the view; make sure the weather is nice because it is outdoors (a unique carrot because the PH and GH don't offer this)
2. sure, you can cobble together a dinner in the lounge, but why bother?
3. the "50% off" thing is a bit confusing, and naturally stacked against us, but bringing ONE other person is critical
4. wrt "negotiation", you need to actively ask for elite credit. This is not an especially challenging dialog because the card people want to sell cards
I don't see the hours of operation on Ritz website. You don't know me, but I can really eat. I'm thinking snacks at lounge and then proper dinner afterwards!

I just googled up some pictures. Wow, the views look fantastic!
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:04 pm
  #666  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by FQ415
is this the Renaissance Wangfujin?
Originally Posted by lsquare
No, it's not there. I posted the link in my post above. It's about 15-20 min walk from Guomao on Line 1. There is a mall with like 5 levels right across from the hotel. I liked it. I think my daily rate was like 950 with tax. Good value if you ask me.
Just want to go back on topic and expand a little further since I'm sitting in front of a computer instead of typing from my phone. I don't think the website made it clear that there is a subway line close to the hotel. I discovered that there was a subway station nearby when Google Maps still worked in China. 15-20 min. walk from Line 1 isn't close by my books, but it's not too bad of a walk in October and November. I actually did that on one night on purpose. I wouldn't do this during the summer even at night because it's just way too hot. I actually took a video of the lounge and posted this on my FB. The lounge was really nice and you can absolutely make a meal out of the food that was offered over there. I think hors d'oeuvres was offered from 5-7 PM. The staff in there were very polite and attentive. The orange juice seemed to be fresh and not the cheap concentrate crap that I've had in the US. The hotel is a bit on the dark side, but I think that's intentional. Even in my room with all of the lights on, it wasn't very bright, but that's fine with me. I wasn't really working in the hotel anyways. Even after stuffing myself with food at the lounge, I still went out for another dinner. There is this noodle chain that makes really nice noodles (forgot the name off the top of my head since I don't think in Chinese) and I always try to get at least one bowl from there during a trip. Fantastic taste and very affordable (IIRC ~US$5-$6). All in all, I really liked the hotel and I would go back there. It's in a pretty good location by my books.
FQ415 likes this.
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:10 pm
  #667  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 118
Originally Posted by lsquare
Just want to go back on topic and expand a little further since I'm sitting in front of a computer instead of typing from my phone. I don't think the website made it clear that there is a subway line close to the hotel. I discovered that there was a subway station nearby when Google Maps still worked in China. 15-20 min. walk from Line 1 isn't close by my books, but it's not too bad of a walk in October and November. I actually did that on one night on purpose. I wouldn't do this during the summer even at night because it's just way too hot. I actually took a video of the lounge and posted this on my FB. The lounge was really nice and you can absolutely make a meal out of the food that was offered over there. I think hors d'oeuvres was offered from 5-7 PM. The staff in there were very polite and attentive. The orange juice seemed to be fresh and not the cheap concentrate crap that I've had in the US. The hotel is a bit on the dark side, but I think that's intentional. Even in my room with all of the lights on, it wasn't very bright, but that's fine with me. I wasn't really working in the hotel anyways. Even after stuffing myself with food at the lounge, I still went out for another dinner. There is this noodle chain that makes really nice noodles (forgot the name off the top of my head since I don't think in Chinese) and I always try to get at least one bowl from there during a trip. Fantastic taste and very affordable (IIRC ~US$5-$6). All in all, I really liked the hotel and I would go back there. It's in a pretty good location by my books.
Sounds good. Should give it a try next time I go Beijing. Never know that's package card offered in Beijing and shang hai, it would be terrific if counted for elite nights
FQ415 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:11 pm
  #668  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by FQ415
Sounds good. Should give it a try next time I go Beijing. Never know that's package card offered in Beijing and shang hai, it would be terrific if counted for elite nights
I'll probably ask every time I go to a hotel now that moondog mentioned it. I prefer a hotel that's relatively close to a subway station. In this case, it was like about a 5 min. walk.
FQ415 likes this.
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:22 pm
  #669  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 118
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'll probably ask every time I go to a hotel now that moondog mentioned it. I prefer a hotel that's relatively close to a subway station. In this case, it was like about a 5 min. walk.
Same here, ideally close to subway station with great lounge So easy for me to move around or just chill at hotel. I haven't been to any hotel in Shanghai as I stay at my friend's house each time I visit.
FQ415 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:25 pm
  #670  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by FQ415
Same here, ideally close to subway station with great lounge So easy for me to move around or just chill at hotel. I haven't been to any hotel in Shanghai as I stay at my friend's house each time I visit.
The only problem is that the subway system tends to close pretty early. Just like Shanghai and Guangzhou, Beijing subway system is more or less done by around 11 PM. There are night buses, but it won't be easy for someone who doesn't know even the basics in Chinese. I think that Renaissance will fit you perfectly. I got a great price and the lounge blows away any Marriott lounge that I've been to in the US by a country mile. Fantastic atmosphere. I don't know what more to say. Totally recommended!
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:30 pm
  #671  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 41,500
Originally Posted by lsquare
Just want to go back on topic
Getting back on topic, the (most recent) OP doesn't care at all about location, and this simplifies things a great deal. In light of the fact that he is based in Beijing, he should call the Cap Ren* in order to inquire about their card. In the event the card sucks or doesn't exist anymore, Marriott.com should be the second angle of attack. In this case, he is going to see rates ranging from 700 to 2500. The 2500 places aren't appreciably better than 1000 places. Basically, if the Chaoyang Westin is 1000, and NE is 900, the extra 100 is worth it because he will be closer to SLT. However, if we're talking about 1800 v 900, NE is a clear winner.

*Other Marriotts are also fair game, but if the cards exist, the Cap Ren sells them.
lsquare and FQ415 like this.

Last edited by moondog; Aug 3, 2020 at 8:36 pm
moondog is online now  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:33 pm
  #672  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by moondog
Getting back on topic, the (most recent) OP doesn't care at all about location, and this simplifies things a great deal. In light of the fact that he is based in Beijing, he should call the Cap Ren in order to inquire about their card. In the event the card sucks or doesn't exist anymore, Marriott.com should be the second angle of attack. In this case, he is going to see rates ranging from 700 to 2500. The 2500 places aren't appreciably better than 1000 places. Basically, if the Chaoyang Westin is 1000, and NE is 900, the extra 100 is worth it because he will be closer to SLT. However, if we're talking about 1800 v 900, NE is a clear winner.
I haven't been to SLT in more than a decade. I ran out of time on my last trip since I was only in Beijing for a couple of days. Why do you say an extra 100 for SLT is worth it? What do you like about SLT?
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:36 pm
  #673  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 118
Originally Posted by lsquare
The only problem is that the subway system tends to close pretty early. Just like Shanghai and Guangzhou, Beijing subway system is more or less done by around 11 PM. There are night buses, but it won't be easy for someone who doesn't know even the basics in Chinese. I think that Renaissance will fit you perfectly. I got a great price and the lounge blows away any Marriott lounge that I've been to in the US by a country mile. Fantastic atmosphere. I don't know what more to say. Totally recommended!
That would be great option in that case. Honestly, Marriott China & Thailand offer a great lounge in most of the properties.
FQ415 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:41 pm
  #674  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,716
Originally Posted by FQ415
That would be great option in that case. Honestly, Marriott China & Thailand offer a great lounge in most of the properties.
Yep. Totally agree with ya.
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:42 pm
  #675  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 118
Originally Posted by moondog
Getting back on topic, the (most recent) OP doesn't care at all about location, and this simplifies things a great deal. In light of the fact that he is based in Beijing, he should call the Cap Ren* in order to inquire about their card. In the event the card sucks or doesn't exist anymore, Marriott.com should be the second angle of attack. In this case, he is going to see rates ranging from 700 to 2500. The 2500 places aren't appreciably better than 1000 places. Basically, if the Chaoyang Westin is 1000, and NE is 900, the extra 100 is worth it because he will be closer to SLT. However, if we're talking about 1800 v 900, NE is a clear winner.

*Other Marriotts are also fair game, but if the cards exist, the Cap Ren sells them.
Sorry, what is SLT? Have you try bulgari Beijing? It's one of my "want to try list" but I heard it's less impressive compare to Bulgari Bali.
FQ415 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.