Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lsquare
lol!
It's only a matter of time before Marriott and/or IHG dips it feet in the Gulou area. Shangril-La doesn't need to do anything because they simply own the CBD. Hyatt is fortified enough to maintain the status quo. Marriott and IHG are losers, by comparison. They can easily get back in the game if they take over a Gulou property. I've stayed in the hostels (private rooms for 300), and they are actually nice. I would certainly pay 3x this if Marriott (or IHG) were to assert itself in this respect.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Which Ritz would you recommend,

I'll mostly stay on property. Which has the better lounge food, restaurants, and spas? Thanks

Would you recommend St. Regis or Bulgari as better options?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I'll mostly stay on property. Which has the better lounge food, restaurants, and spas? Thanks

Would you recommend St. Regis or Bulgari as better options?
i can't comment on bulgari. Of the two RCs, China Central Place, no question. I'd pick St. Regis if the weather is nice/warm because the park is good and the area is pleasant in general.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by moondog
i can't comment on bulgari. Of the two RCs, China Central Place, no question. I'd pick St. Regis if the weather is nice/warm because the park is good and the area is pleasant in general.
THanks, Central Place it is
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:54 am

Moondog,

Do you have email contact for them? I tried the email link on their website but so far 2 days without replies. I wanted to make sure their Club Lounge is open with 5 servings, and arrange a hotel car pickup. Really disappointed that a property like Ritz can't reply an email for 2 days.

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:56 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Moondog,

Do you have email contact for them? I tried the email link on their website but so far 2 days without replies. I wanted to make sure their Club Lounge is open with 5 servings, and arrange a hotel car pickup. Really disappointed that a property like Ritz can't reply an email for 2 days.

Thanks
Just call them. I never bothered with emailing Chinese hotels. If you spend enough, the leadership team will just add you on WeChat.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Just call them. I never bothered with emailing Chinese hotels. If you spend enough, the leadership team will just add you on WeChat.
I was about to say the exact same thing. My contacts at most Beijing Marriott properties are stale. I usually target the Assistant GM in such situations. Email is a dinosaur.
Jiatong and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:12 am

I was about to say the exact same thing. My contacts at most Beijing Marriott properties are stale. I usually target the Assistant GM in such situations. Email is a dinosaur.
Thanks. They've eventually replied but the email sounds technical and really not helpful (ironically I've mistakenly sent an email to RC Financial Street, and that was replied within minutes with friendly and helpful voice). But I got what I needed from RC Central. Their Club Lounge is closed at the moment and likely won't reopen anytime soon. Since this is a staycation I've decided to cancel and book elsewhere.

I've cancelled my booking with them and switched to St. Regis. Called St. Regis directly based on the suggestions here. Yep, got everything resolved in a quick conversation with the Concierge. I would agree that over the phone they sounded more helpful and proactively handled all of my requests with care and professionalism. One of the question I've asked RC is can you help me setup a private, VIP, Beijing tour and I was given a link and I quote RC's response to that question: "you can do it yourself, and kindly reminder you need to pay yourself as it is not included in Room charge". I'm sorry I just have to say W T ... to that quote. St. Regis, on the other hand, asked me what kind of tour I wanted, car type, language of tour guide preferred, meal reservations and preference, and set everything up for me in less than one hour. Out of curiosity I've even asked if the tour expenses can be charge to my room and I'll just settle the bill together on check-out, and the answer is a quick yes. What a difference.

This will expand my horizon a bit. I've always been sticking to 3 brands in Marriott: Bulgari (alone or with wife with no kids), RC (usually with family), and JW Marriott (business or family). This will be my first time trying St. Regis, looking forward to it.

Any veteran St. Regis patrons willing to give tips to a rookie? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the phone tip. I'm just used to emails and haven't gotten used to the idea that email is considered ancient in China.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:34 am

A tour will not provide any sort of value.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Thanks. They've eventually replied but the email sounds technical and really not helpful (ironically I've mistakenly sent an email to RC Financial Street, and that was replied within minutes with friendly and helpful voice). But I got what I needed from RC Central. Their Club Lounge is closed at the moment and likely won't reopen anytime soon. Since this is a staycation I've decided to cancel and book elsewhere.

I've cancelled my booking with them and switched to St. Regis. Called St. Regis directly based on the suggestions here. Yep, got everything resolved in a quick conversation with the Concierge. I would agree that over the phone they sounded more helpful and proactively handled all of my requests with care and professionalism. One of the question I've asked RC is can you help me setup a private, VIP, Beijing tour and I was given a link and I quote RC's response to that question: "you can do it yourself, and kindly reminder you need to pay yourself as it is not included in Room charge". I'm sorry I just have to say W T ... to that quote. St. Regis, on the other hand, asked me what kind of tour I wanted, car type, language of tour guide preferred, meal reservations and preference, and set everything up for me in less than one hour. Out of curiosity I've even asked if the tour expenses can be charge to my room and I'll just settle the bill together on check-out, and the answer is a quick yes. What a difference.

This will expand my horizon a bit. I've always been sticking to 3 brands in Marriott: Bulgari (alone or with wife with no kids), RC (usually with family), and JW Marriott (business or family). This will be my first time trying St. Regis, looking forward to it.

Any veteran St. Regis patrons willing to give tips to a rookie? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the phone tip. I'm just used to emails and haven't gotten used to the idea that email is considered ancient in China.
Can you share your experience at the Bulgari Beijing?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:12 pm

A tour will not provide any sort of value.
Why? I find an experienced and knowledgeable tour guide makes a big difference when I visit cultural relic places such as Forbidden City or other ancient monuments.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Can you share your experience at the Bulgari Beijing?
Never tried the Beijing one. But I'll post a review to the one in Shanghai if you'll find it helpful.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Never tried the Beijing one. But I'll post a review to the one in Shanghai if you'll find it helpful.
St Regis has excellent service but 3 star hard product. Rooms are old, badly in need of a renovation and are a blast from turn of millennium Chinese style.

Breakfast is pretty good. Service excellent but the place is old.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:27 am

Yeah, would love a review of the Shanghai one, thx.

Originally Posted by SHLTP
St Regis has excellent service but 3 star hard product. Rooms are old, badly in need of a renovation and are a blast from turn of millennium Chinese style.

Breakfast is pretty good. Service excellent but the place is old.
Agree. Beijing is not a strong city for Marriott as none of the options are particularly competitive. The STR is a tier 2 or even a tier 3 hotel due to the very weak hard product alone imo.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:35 am

Why? I find an experienced and knowledgeable tour guide makes a big difference when I visit cultural relic places such as Forbidden City or other ancient monuments.
You can walk from the STR to 天安门 in less time than it would take you to drive. Once there, you can buy an audio tour if you like, but the drill is quite easy without guidance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.