Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lsquare
I haven't been to SLT in more than a decade. I ran out of time on my last trip since I was only in Beijing for a couple of days. Why do you say an extra •100 for SLT is worth it? What do you like about SLT?
In spite of the fact that 三里屯 continues to become more of a "hospital" environment with each passing day, its pulse isn't completely dead yet. Gulou is a better option if you want to attempt for relive 2010. No Marriott properties there.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by FQ415
Sorry, what is SLT? Have you try bulgari Beijing? It's one of my "want to try list" but I heard it's less impressive compare to Bulgari Bali.
It's Sanlitun in Chinese pinyin.
FQ415 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
In spite of the fact that 三里屯 continues to become more of a "hospital" environment with each passing day, its pulse isn't completely dead yet. Gulou is a better option if you want to attempt for relive 2010. No Marriott properties there.
Still not very specific though. What is it that YOU like about SLT that would justify the •100 premium?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:30 am

Still not very specific though. What is it that YOU like about SLT that would justify the •100 premium?
Well, back during the Kai and Shooter's days, I met the international pole dancing pole dancing champion, and this was a "say no more" experience. Even the current sterilized version still provides opportunities for guys like us to get into trouble.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to rotate between the Marriott NE and the Cap Ren. I eventually just decided to stay at the Marriott NE as the lounge is much nicer and you donít have 60 United flight attendants getting drunk every night talking in loud voices about where best to buy knockoff goods.

Obviously this isnít an issue at the moment so on my next trip to BJ Iíll consider the Ren again.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I used to rotate between the Marriott NE and the Cap Ren. I eventually just decided to stay at the Marriott NE as the lounge is much nicer and you donít have 60 United flight attendants getting drunk every night talking in loud voices about where best to buy knockoff goods.

Obviously this isnít an issue at the moment so on my next trip to BJ Iíll consider the Ren again.
I always enjoyed talking with the pilots; those guys have life experiences that all of us appreciate. That having been said, the Ren was a much nicer place before they landed the UA contract. Basically, customer service transformed from the model we know to keeping ~60 people wasted, and sending them off to shop the following morning.

Hans and Sander did an amazing job there. It completely sucked during the early days, but those guys made it a gem (while they were there). The current management team doesn't need to do much because the UA contract permits them to slack off.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:18 am

I always enjoyed talking with the pilots; those guys have life experiences that all of us appreciate. That having been said, the Ren was a much nicer place before they landed the UA contract. Basically, customer service transformed from the model we know to keeping ~60 people wasted, and sending them off to shop the following morning.

Hans and Sander did an amazing job there. It completely sucked during the early days, but those guys made it a gem (while they were there). The current management team doesn't need to do much because the UA contract permits them to slack off.
that contract has to be a long one because I remember when I first started traveling to Beijing in 2011 and stayed at the Ren Cap, I would see the United flight attendants that just served our flight arrive in minibuses at the same time that we arrive. Stayed there for a few years and also mixed it up with the JW Chaoyang. What do you know, that one is also a united stronghold.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by myperks
that contract has to be a long one because I remember when I first started traveling to Beijing in 2011 and stayed at the Ren Cap, I would see the United flight attendants that just served our flight arrive in minibuses at the same time that we arrive. Stayed there for a few years and also mixed it up with the JW Chaoyang. What do you know, that one is also a united stronghold.
It might have happened during 2010, but my gut tells me that you got to experience it at its outset. ALL UA crews stay there, and they occupy close to half of the rooms (when they are running 4 flights per day). The lounge food is not good.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Never thought I'd say this but I miss the days of the old Sheraton Great Wall.

Mostly staying at the Westin across the street or the Hilton nowadays. StR or Park Hyatt if I want to spend a little more and be closer to GuoMao.

The JWM is in urgent need of a reno and the adjacent RC basically just a mirror image of the JWM with a different door sign. YMMV
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:59 pm

Well, back during the Kai and Shooter's days, I met the international pole dancing pole dancing champion, and this was a "say no more" experience. Even the current sterilized version still provides opportunities for guys like us to get into trouble.
This is way off topic, but I want to use this opportunity to explain a little bit about SLT history since 1995.
-in 1995, our posy, which included Claire McConnell, partied at this place called Night Man, which defined itself by a space ship that dropped Y10 notes for all of us to fight over
-around the same time, Quentin Tarantino decided SLT was cool. He invested in Poacher's, and the back street took off like a laser
-I met Huxley and Gaolei circa 1999
-Huxley had enough savings to launch a dive bar, and Gaolei (taxi driver) was his friend
-the duo gave us Nanjie, and my clan helped them develop a product that was conducive to FUN
-after Gaolei generated sufficient coin from Nanjie, he launched Kai on his own
-meanwhile, Huxley fortified his position on the other side of the big street
-Kai (and Shooters next door) evolved into the essence of SLT, and neither sold booze that could kill us
-I think the back street (三里屯后街)is no longer a cool option, but you guys can at least experience Poacher's and the Tree (e.g you might also be able to score a pole dancer)
-that having been said, Beijing is still much cooler than Shanghai in this respect; we don;t have a similar party culture here

-

Last edited by moondog; Aug 4, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The JWM is in urgent need of a reno and the adjacent RC basically just a mirror image of the JWM with a different door sign. YMMV
I stayed at that JWM last year - I wouldn't say it is in desperate need of a renovation, but it is certainly not the most modern design. Still very comfortable during my 5 nights.

Sidenote, this was during the Belt and Road Forum and the Azerbaijani delegation was staying there, along with metal detectors and xrays at every entrance.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
I stayed at that JWM last year - I wouldn't say it is in desperate need of a renovation, but it is certainly not the most modern design. Still very comfortable during my 5 nights.

Sidenote, this was during the Belt and Road Forum and the Azerbaijani delegation was staying there, along with metal detectors and xrays at every entrance.
Dawang Rd made sense in 2008 because Google was there. After they killed that office, the area declined in importance. Fuli, by contrast, is still kind of cool.

Google still employs a small army in Beijing, but they are based in Wudaokou, and keep most of their army even further afield.

Gulou is where I would want to stay in 2020, but Marriott still hasn't cracked the market. This isn't rocket science for them....just approach one of the many hostels in the area, inject $2.5 million, and then they will have an option that you guys will love.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dawang Rd made sense in 2008 because Google was there. After they killed that office, the area declined in importance. Fuli, by contrast, is still kind of cool.

Google still employs a small army in Beijing, but they are based in Wudaokou, and keep most of their army even further afield.

Gulou is where I would want to stay in 2020, but Marriott still hasn't cracked the market. This isn't rocket science for them....just approach one of the many hostels in the area, inject $2.5 million, and then they will have an option that you guys will love.
I use to spend lots of time at Wudaokou in my early 20s. It's near the universities. Lots of Koreans there as well.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:15 pm

I use to spend lots of time at Wudaokou in my early 20s. It's near the universities. Lots of Koreans there as well.
-when you are in your early 20s, fake booze won't kill you
-now that you are older, I advise you to simply remove this option from the table
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-when you are in your early 20s, fake booze won't kill you
-now that you are older, I advise you to simply remove this option from the table
lol!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.