Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nexus7556
Has the Courtyard Northeast closed? I see it on Google maps, but I do not see it on the Bonvoy website or the app.
ambassador team has confirmed this is no longer a Bonvoy property as of July 2020
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
ambassador team has confirmed this is no longer a Bonvoy property as of July 2020
What is it now?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:01 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Marriott sure has a weak portfolio in Beijing vs Shanghai, especially on the east side. Beijing could use brand new W (no refurbished please), an EDITION and several Marriotts/Sheraton/Westins/Courtyards/Four Points, and maybe even an Autograph Collection (if Singapore can have 2, why can't Beijing have one).
lsquare and nexus7556 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m.y
Marriott sure has a weak portfolio in Beijing vs Shanghai, especially on the east side. Beijing could use brand new W (no refurbished please), an EDITION and several Marriotts/Sheraton/Westins/Courtyards/Four Points, and maybe even an Autograph Collection (if Singapore can have 2, why can't Beijing have one).
I disagree that Marriott's Beijing portfolio is weak, especially if the point of reference is Shanghai (lots of hotels, but few are great, and many are in the middle of nowhere). In Beijing, they address both Chaoyang and Dongcheng nicely: e.g. St Regis, Westin, Bvlgari, NE, JW, RC, Cap Ren, Wangfujing Ren. There is limited space for new builds inside of NE Fourth Ring, so developers kind of have to play the ball as it lies (e.g. Jingguang to Rosewood transformation).
Old Aug 1, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Interesting thread

Originally Posted by m.y

Actually, Sanya is better than both with brand alternatives with Marriott.
lsquare and mediator like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 8:58 am

I just checked in to the Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast. Visiting my in-laws and this was the closest option. It was supposed to be a 11-day stay, but I will be checking out tomorrow.

Ahead of checking in today I messaged in the app checking if any upgrade would be possible and they "upgraded" me from a "1 King, High Floor, Skyline view" to "1 King, High Floor, Skyline view, Executive lounge access". I asked in the app and they said the only difference was a higher floor. Hardly an upgrade. At check-in I asked again and this was the best room they could offer. We had a few other questions at check-in and the receptionist was just unhelpful. The hotel is dated and rundown. The place smells moldy. The pool is nice, but the steam room and sauna on the men’s side is out of order, and the steam room on the women’s side is out of order. The general upkeep of this place seems to have been neglected for years.

I made a reservation at the Westin nearby starting tomorrow, same price, and they were able to confirm a suite upgrade for my entire stay.

I have to agree with the posts above about the lack of choice, especially up here in the northeast. The only options are this dump, the Westin, or Bvlgari (and I don't think that should be counted given the lack of benefits and earnings).
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:25 am

I just checked in to the Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast. Visiting my in-laws and this was the closest option. It was supposed to be a 11-day stay, but I will be checking out tomorrow.

Ahead of checking in today I messaged in the app checking if any upgrade would be possible and they "upgraded" me from a "1 King, High Floor, Skyline view" to "1 King, High Floor, Skyline view, Executive lounge access". I asked in the app and they said the only difference was a higher floor. Hardly an upgrade. At check-in I asked again and this was the best room they could offer. We had a few other questions at check-in and the receptionist was just unhelpful. The hotel is dated and rundown. The place smells moldy. The pool is nice, but the steam room and sauna on the mens side is out of order, and the steam room on the womens side is out of order. The general upkeep of this place seems to have been neglected for years.

I made a reservation at the Westin nearby starting tomorrow, same price, and they were able to confirm a suite upgrade for my entire stay.

I have to agree with the posts above about the lack of choice, especially up here in the northeast. The only options are this dump, the Westin, or Bvlgari (and I don't think that should be counted given the lack of benefits and earnings).
The Westin is definitely nicer than NE, though I prefer the fitness facilities at the latter. The Great Wall Sheraton might be old, but Y600/night makes it okay in my book.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by moondog
The Westin is definitely nicer than NE, though I prefer the fitness facilities at the latter. The Great Wall Sheraton might be old, but Y600/night makes it okay in my book.
Is GW Sheraton the one that had the 天上人间 of yore? Real blast from the past. Was it never renovated? Were any of the old Starwood properties in Beijing ever redone?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 7:59 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
Is GW Sheraton the one that had the 天上人间 of yore? Real blast from the past. Was it never renovated? Were any of the old Starwood properties in Beijing ever redone?
The club was gone before the 2008 Olympics.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:03 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
I disagree that Marriott's Beijing portfolio is weak, especially if the point of reference is Shanghai (lots of hotels, but few are great, and many are in the middle of nowhere). In Beijing, they address both Chaoyang and Dongcheng nicely: e.g. St Regis, Westin, Bvlgari, NE, JW, RC, Cap Ren, Wangfujing Ren. There is limited space for new builds inside of NE Fourth Ring, so developers kind of have to play the ball as it lies (e.g. Jingguang to Rosewood transformation).
St Regis looks a bit outdated. Marriott NE and Sheraton Dongcheng aren't close to subway stations. If the JW and RC were on the 3rd Ring road and Cap Ren were a bit more north, it would be ideal in my eyes. I ended up booking the Westin for my next trip.
Jiatong and nexus7556 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:09 pm

Is the Great Wall still a Sheraton? Its not bookable via the Bonvoy app and their website makes no mention of being a Bonvoy member
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:11 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by Jiatong
The club was gone before the 2008 Olympics.
Too bad... 危如朝露。
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I remember the Sheraton Dongcheng when it first opened about 10 years ago. Lovely modern hotel. Cantonese restaurant was great on weekends - 99 RMB all you can eat a la carte yum cha.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by m.y
Marriott NE and Sheraton Dongcheng aren't close to subway stations.
300 meters, in the case of Dongcheng, isn't so far.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the Great Wall still a Sheraton? Its not bookable via the Bonvoy app and their website makes no mention of being a Bonvoy member
No, its no longer a Bonvoy property. The Westin is less than a mile away and a much better alternative anyhow.

I always enjoyed the Marriott NE and found it good value for money plus close enough to PEK to get there in half an hour.
gudugan and nexus7556 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.