Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by circusboy
Some advice would be apprecaited. First visit to mainland China coming up next week, a 2 night stopover in Beijing. Looking for a decent hotel with good lounge close to the subway (or am I better taking a taxi from PEK) and preferably close to a mall. I can see language being an issue so want something easy to get to this time.

I'm thinking up to the JW / Westin / REN level.

Thanks
Westin for sure.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Westin for sure.
The Cap Ren also ticks off the subway and mall requirements.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
What would you all think are the top 3 Marriott properties in Beijing? The Rens, JWs, and RCs don’t seem very exciting, but I also know that everyone says the STR is way too old.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:20 pm

What do hope to see and do when you're in Beijing?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:28 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
What do hope to see and do when you're in Beijing?
I’m currently slated for 5 nights (though, don’t have domestic transportation booked, so there’s some flexibility) - besides my normal hotel hopping (considering 2 Hyatts and 3 Marriotts), I definitely want to see what I can of the Forbidden City and take in any fun shopping streets (and maybe malls). With the Internet limitations reducing potential distractions, I’m hoping to spend lots of time walking and exploring (and not scrolling on my phone).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I’m currently slated for 5 nights (though, don’t have domestic transportation booked, so there’s some flexibility) - besides my normal hotel hopping (considering 2 Hyatts and 3 Marriotts), I definitely want to see what I can of the Forbidden City and take in any fun shopping streets (and maybe malls). With the Internet limitations reducing potential distractions, I’m hoping to spend lots of time walking and exploring (and not scrolling on my phone).
Alright, with 5 different hotels in as many nights, I suppose you'll end up covering most of the northeast quadrant inside of 4th Ring sort of by default, but I'd still encourage you to take interests and logistics into account as you arrange the hotel hopping.

For example, working your way from the center outward, you could do something like this:
1. GH
2. StR
3. PH
4. Cap Ren (Shuangjing) or JW/RC (Dawang Rd/China Central Place)
5. Westin or Marriott NE

But, I'd personally slot in one of the Shangri-La CBD properties (even Jen) in place of 3 or 4.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
If you get transportation set up, I'd stay at Ren Wangfujing, we have stayed there twice and loved it both times. Great upgrade, the lounge is incredible, not in. a place to walk about much, but taxi or car service is inexpensive.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
If you get transportation set up, I'd stay at Ren Wangfujing, we have stayed there twice and loved it both times. Great upgrade, the lounge is incredible, not in. a place to walk about much, but taxi or car service is inexpensive.
The Wangfujing Ren is definitely a nicer hotel than the GH IMO, but if I had to choose between the two (as ElevatorEnthusiast likely will), I'd probably go with the latter based on the convenience factor. Plus, Made in China is my favorite duck place.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:48 pm

The Wangfujing Ren is definitely a nicer hotel than the GH IMO, but if I had to choose between the two (as ElevatorEnthusiast likely will), I'd probably go with the latter based on the convenience factor. Plus, Made in China is my favorite duck place.
Yeah, the Ren Wangfujing was definitely on my interested list as it seems to be well reviewed and looks pretty modern for a Renaissance (well, it looked more modern than Ren Capital). While I have no qualms with using Didi for a reasonable price (prices were very reasonable in Shanghai, and I am assuming they will be the same in Beijing), I will likely try to focus on Metro when I can, but I don't think that Metro access is a deciding factor for me on this trip.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:56 pm

Yeah, the Ren Wangfujing was definitely on my interested list as it seems to be well reviewed and looks pretty modern for a Renaissance (well, it looked more modern than Ren Capital). While I have no qualms with using Didi for a reasonable price (prices were very reasonable in Shanghai, and I am assuming they will be the same in Beijing), I will likely try to focus on Metro when I can, but I don't think that Metro access is a deciding factor for me on this trip.
It's not just the subway station that renders the GH's location better than the Ren Wangfujing's; it's the fact that Chang'an Jie is Beijing's most iconic street and you're only a 10 minute walk along it from Tiananmen (entrance to the Forbidden City).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:36 pm

It's not just the subway station that renders the GH's location better than the Ren Wangfujing's; it's the fact that Chang'an Jie is Beijing's most iconic street and you're only a 10 minute walk along it from Tiananmen (entrance to the Forbidden City).
If that’s the case (which I know you’re right about this), I am not sure I care how bad the GH’s lounge is based on the response I got on the Hyatt forum.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If you want to go to Tiananmen by walking GH is great. It's not a great property - hasn't been for decades - but the location and duck is great.

​​​​​​Didis are typically more expensive in BJ than SH because BJ more spread out and has more traffic from getting on and off the rings. But it's still cheap compared to most countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.