Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It just dawned upon me that the Grand Hyatt is a no brainer in this case. It's closer to 天安门, it's attached to a mall, and Made in China is inside the hotel itself.
ETA: The GH pool wasn't designed with swimming in mind, but I'm 100% certain your kids will like it.

Last edited by moondog; Dec 1, 2021 at 7:16 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
St Regis has excellent service but 3 star hard product. Rooms are old, badly in need of a renovation and are a blast from turn of millennium Chinese style.

Breakfast is pretty good. Service excellent but the place is old.
Yeah, I wish I knew this beforehand. I'm at St. Regis now. 5-star service, 3-star hardware. They told me the hotel was built in 1998... 23 years, it's time to renovate.... Next week I'm considering RC Central or Bulgari..
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:17 am

Ok, this Bulgari Shanghai review is for WasKnown:

1) Check-in is amazing. A dedicated staff (forget her title) checked-us in and even served as a guide to take us for a tour of the hotel to show us all of its offerings.

2) Make sure to book a Bund-view room. You'll get one of the most amazing view of the Bund, especially the night lights.

3) All the staff are friend and eager to assist you, don't be shy to tell them what you need, they'll make sure it happens. Including best viewpoint tables on rooftop and restaurants. Make sure to reserve tables because many people would come to Bulgari to drink-tea and take pictures. They will reserve tables for hotel guests, but if you don't then don't be surprise if you'll get a crappy table.

4) Make sure to try the 47/48 floor restaurants and rooftop bar. We went there for New Years and the hotel reserved a table for my wife and I to sit on roof top and enjoy the count down.

5) Selections of drinks in the room is well-stocked. A beautiful tea set and expresso machine provided.

6) I love the privacy cabanas by the pool. My wife appreciates that too.

7) Breakfast tastes average in my opinion (but I'm a picky eater), my wife claims it's great breakfast so...... Great selections of Chinese and Western, and of course the signature Shanghai dishes like xiaolongbao.

8) Niko Romino (restaurant) is a must try. The Chinese Restaurant is average in my opinion (but it has 2 michelin stars), again, maybe I'm too picky.

9) I've booked the Premium Bund View Suite for my wife and I. It's got a freaking library in there. Great panoramic view of the Bund. By the way, only suite guests have Butler Services.

10) Finally, don't forget to try their signature chocolates!
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by moondog
It just dawned upon me that the Grand Hyatt is a no brainer in this case. It's closer to 天安门, it's attached to a mall, and Made in China is inside the hotel itself.
ETA: The GH pool wasn't designed with swimming in mind, but I'm 100% certain your kids will like it.
I've black-listed Hyatt properties. For some reason I've had some of the WORST experiences with Hyatt. I've stayed at both Grand Hyatt in Taipei, Shenzhen and Shanghai (the one in Lujiazui). I've booked the big suites (forgot the name) for my wife and I to have intimate time and enjoy a staycation. All three times the services are BAD and HORRIBLE. I'm done with Hyatt. Even cancelled their credit card.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I've black-listed Hyatt properties. For some reason I've had some of the WORST experiences with Hyatt. I've stayed at both Grand Hyatt in Taipei, Shenzhen and Shanghai (the one in Lujiazui). I've booked the big suites (forgot the name) for my wife and I to have intimate time and enjoy a staycation. All three times the services are BAD and HORRIBLE. I'm done with Hyatt. Even cancelled their credit card.
I have similar feelings, but GH would have been a much better pick for you in this case. Since you're already kind of downtown, I endorse your planned move.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:46 am

Although I've yet to visit, Bugari definitely appears to be more interesting than the RC China Central Place.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:58 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

10) Finally, don't forget to try their signature chocolates!
Thanks for the review. Agree with moondog that the Bulgarian Beijing is probably more interesting than any Bonvoy property in Beijing.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, I wish I knew this beforehand. I'm at St. Regis now. 5-star service, 3-star hardware. They told me the hotel was built in 1998... 23 years, it's time to renovate.... Next week I'm considering RC Central or Bulgari..
I did a recent review on STR thread. I haven't stayed at Bulgari but have dined there/ had meetings. It's nice. Hardware and service good.

For me, a little too dark but that's the Bulgari style. I won't stay there because of lack of elite benefits (I'm very frugal).

But overall Bulgari is a solid choice.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I did a recent review on STR thread. I haven't stayed at Bulgari but have dined there/ had meetings. It's nice. Hardware and service good.

For me, a little too dark but that's the Bulgari style. I won't stay there because of lack of elite benefits (I'm very frugal).

But overall Bulgari is a solid choice.
I've decided to stay put at STR. I'm currently residing in Shanghai, and Shanghai has 2 more new COVID cases. Don't want anymore BS checking-in, and then getting hounded by Beijing local government "follow-ups" (because record shows I'm from Shanghai). STR, as I tolerate the outdated hardware, have really 6-stars personal services. They already memorized all of my daily needs and provide them proactively. I'll stay put.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
I've decided to stay put at STR. I'm currently residing in Shanghai, and Shanghai has 2 more new COVID cases. Don't want anymore BS checking-in, and then getting hounded by Beijing local government "follow-ups" (because record shows I'm from Shanghai). STR, as I tolerate the outdated hardware, have really 6-stars personal services. They already memorized all of my daily needs and provide them proactively. I'll stay put.
If you get the WeChats for the management of the Bulgari, I think it will be fine. There is not a big service difference across Chinese hotels once the staff know you. Personally, I would not tolerate a hard product like the STRs in an Asian city.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:08 am

I'm pretty sure we have more than 2 new cases because my biz partner's compound is on lockdown. If you (or anyone else is around on Monday night), we're going to the Shed (Shanxi Road just south of Kangding Road).
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:18 am

I'm pretty sure we have more than 2 new cases because my biz partner's compound is on lockdown. If you (or anyone else is around on Monday night), we're going to the Shed (Shanxi Road just south of Kangding Road).
Surprised The Shed is even still around given how much has changed. Cages seems alive too. RIP ASL.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Surprised The Shed is even still around given how much has changed. Cages seems alive too. RIP ASL.
The first Cages manager (Mark) was an active FTer. I don't make it up that way often (very bad subway access), but the Shed on Mondays is top notch.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:32 am

The first Cages manager (Mark) was an active FTer. I don't make it up that way often (very bad subway access), but the Shed on Mondays is top notch.
Nice. Probably the wrong thread for this, but its nice to see that some expat-driven places are still doing well. Im still sad about ASL lol.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Nice. Probably the wrong thread for this, but it’s nice to see that some expat-driven places are still doing well. I’m still sad about ASL lol.
I suppose a new thread (not in the Marriott forum) might be in order,
but following are key memories:
-there was a club in Beijing called Nightman; those guys dropped Y10 notes from a spaceship
-the Den was our main Beijing hangout until 2000
-Vic's was also really cool, but that was a 3a thing
-then, we started going to Huxley's
-after Goalei and Huxley broke up, we went to Gaolei's places
-Hooters arrived on the scene, and Gaolei's waitresses jumped ship
-Shanghai wasn't nearly as cool, but it caught up with Beijing rapidly
-the Westin brunch was effectively Y175 pp, including free flow
-Face
-Crocus
-Goga
-all of Fuxing Park

Now, both are kind of stale cities.
WasKnown likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.