Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Lounge comparisons

The JW central has low tone chinese service in their EL. (Chinese finical trust owner)
The Mrt NE EL has great western style service, probably due to the Hainan Air owner & its very near the US embassy.
-Quite a few embassy types do stay at the nearby Westin which is on subway line 10.
- Both the Mrt NE & Westin are close to the airport vs the JW central which is about an hour depending on traffic.
- IMO, the JW central has a great top floor pool & fitness center with amazing city views of BJ.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jiatong
The JW central has low tone chinese service in their EL. (Chinese finical trust owner)
The Mrt NE EL has great western style service, probably due to the Hainan Air owner & its very near the US embassy.
-Quite a few embassy types do stay at the nearby Westin which is on subway line 10.
- Both the Mrt NE & Westin are close to the airport vs the JW central which is about an hour depending on traffic.
- IMO, the JW central has a great top floor pool & fitness center with amazing city views of BJ.
"Western" is the last adjective that comes to my mind when thinking about the HNA Group, expect maybe in the gun slinging cowboy sense, but I agree with the previous poster's boss on Northeast being a cut above the other Marriotts and Rens in Beijing.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by moondog
but I agree with the previous poster's boss on Northeast being a cut above the other Marriotts and Rens in Beijing.
Including the JW and JW Central?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by crfgon
Including the JW and JW Central?
Obviously, the location needs to agree with your needs, but I really do like Northeast. It boils down to the details. Sure, they don't have a nobu, but the gym/pool are sweet, and the HVAC system is unrivaled (e.g. it's one of the few venues in Beijing that has really great air quality).
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone comment on the Courtyard by Marriott NE club lounge? Hours of happy hour? Type of spread? Self-serve drinks or staff-served? I have a 15-hour layover and am going to stay here instead of Hilton airport due to price/points value. How long from the airport? 20-minutes?
I stayed last week at this location for a layover, the EL at the start of evening appies is a mob scene with screaming children everywhere and long lines of inland locals who push and shove everybody, and every individual clears a whole tray of food. It was like a Black Friday event. It took me 20 minutes to get a plate and retreat to my room. But it is an experience that you can enjoy for only 10k points, lol...I arrived after midnight, about 12-19 miles from airport, roughly 20-40 min, depending in route, the taxi driver took me the scenic route and still paid only 89 cny ($13).

I also stayed at the JW last week for a discounted 15k points/night, MUCH better experience in every respect.

Last edited by nk15; Apr 30, 2017 at 9:48 am
Old May 6, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Hold, SkyTeam Elite, Star Alliance Gold, One World Shappire
I was in Beijing in October and I stayed at Renaissance Wangfujing.
Let me say that this is really a good choice.
The only problem is maybe the food (but I'm italian and I don't like so much chinese food)
The room is amazing, the service outstanding (room service I think 3 times/day) and the staff really helpful, also if no everybody speak good english.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update re: the Ren Wangfujing. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel or Marriott City Wall? Having a hard time choosing, rates are the same, city wall looks a bit older.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
What would you suggest for a first time tourist? Staying 4 nights with my wife. PLAT status most likely paying cash (ie not points). JW Central?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:01 pm

JW Central

Originally Posted by Jiatong

-The gym on the 19th floor has an interesting view of old/new west BJ. The pool , also on 19, has a view north, so one can see Behai park and the Forbidden city, and looking to the east on a clear day the CBD area.
-Subway location of (10 & 4) is truly great for getting around BJ, even to the airport via line 2 & airport express, the airport is more than an hour by taxi.
- EL service is 'chinese low tone luxury' which means when 2 people enter, then 3 staff people provide beverage & kitchen service.
- EL (on the 15th floor) has an outside balcony, thus one can smoke there...
- And 'free' parking.
Yes to 4 nights at this JW. great Chinese area. Abet of a drive from airport, but enjoy the ride and view of the city.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:57 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by lucycan
What would you suggest for a first time tourist? Staying 4 nights with my wife. PLAT status most likely paying cash (ie not points). JW Central?
Beware of taking Marriott's, or any hotel companies, quoted distance from city centre to hotel too seriously. The exact location of a city centre differs with each company.

We (me, wife and 2 "adult" kids) are visiting China for the first time in July visiting Shanghai, Xi'an and finishing off in Beijing. We'll be needing 2 rooms at each location.

When going anywhere on a tourist visit I decide what central sights I'd like to be within walking distance, then consult a map. Here, daughter wants to go shopping, so Wangfujing is her priority, me and wife are interested in Chinese Imperial history, so for us the Forbidden Palace is ours, and son is interested in Chinese Communist history (he read about Tiananmen Sq in his history books - ouch!) so Tiananmen Sq is his priority.

Looking at the actual Beijing map there are 3 hotels that look close to those locations. According to the website, Ritz Financial is closest to the city centre, JW Central 2nd and the Renaissance Wangfujing is 3rd. But in reality, for our priorities, the Ren Wangfujing is the best option. Firstly, the distances are long, it's a truly long walk from either the Ritz or the JW to Wangfujing. Secondly, the Ren is also much closer to the Forbidden city too. Finally, although the other 2 are closer to Tiananmen Sq, the walk from the Ren should be much more characterful, either via Wangfujing and swing a right at the end, or via the Forbidden Palace and gardens straight into Tiananmen. The other consideration is proximity to a subway station, here the Ritz and the JW do win, but it's trivial, all are close to the subway.

Next, hotel quality. I think this is a straightforward 1, 2, 3 with Ritz being followed up by the JW and Ren 3rd. Although Tripadvisor didn't have it in that order, having read a few reviews there, and this thread I felt that was probably a fair reflection, though all were very high quality. Overall I felt there was little in it on the quality front.

Next, pay or redeem? China is a strong value place to redeem those points. The Ritz is out, it doesn't provide Plats with lounge access and the kids love their lounges, popping in and out to get a bite and a drink, and to get away from one another for a short while! So that leaves us with the JW and the Renaissance. Now when I booked this in January both were Cat3s priced at ~$180/nt meaning for my 5-night stay I could either pay $900 or redeem 60,000 points. 60,000 points per room is great value for the redemption so I decided to redeem and since there was no difference in the cost I took the best location, namely the Renaissance Wangfujing.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Good points BB. I am taking a similar trip and sent you a PM.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:35 pm

Staying at the Mrt NE now for a few days, One can access google & FB -(IMO wastebook) on the hotel internet. They have had this in-house vpn for about a month now.

Last year the JW Central had a vpn in the EL on their in-house computers.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I have a overnight-layover in Beijing where the airport Hilton is just too expensive for the short time I am there.

Lowest priced hotel on our corporate rate would be the CY Northeast which also looks decently reachable from the airport, but would you suggest any other hotel for this purpose? Will probably arrive into PEK around 9pm and depart the next morning at 10:45...I see that the CY has a lounge, but will that be still open and serving anything "usable" at that time?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by djohannw
I have a overnight-layover in Beijing where the airport Hilton is just too expensive for the short time I am there.

Lowest priced hotel on our corporate rate would be the CY Northeast which also looks decently reachable from the airport, but would you suggest any other hotel for this purpose? Will probably arrive into PEK around 9pm and depart the next morning at 10:45...I see that the CY has a lounge, but will that be still open and serving anything "usable" at that time?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
Property website says this:

Open: Sun-Sat, Open: 0600-2400
Private access floor
Complimentary food:
- Continental breakfast
- midday snack
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
- late night snack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.