Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

My sister is going to Beijing and I am thinking of using MR to book her a room- she's lived in Beijing in the past so she's quite familiar... any thoughts about which MR property? RC, Cap Ren? Marriot NE? I don't mind spending the extra points for the RC if its worth it...

FDW
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
My sister is going to Beijing and I am thinking of using MR to book her a room- she's lived in Beijing in the past so she's quite familiar... any thoughts about which MR property? RC, Cap Ren? Marriot NE? I don't mind spending the extra points for the RC if its worth it...

FDW
Since she's lived in bj before you should ask her what area she prefers. But I'm pretty sure she won't pick the rc financial street and the jw is almost as good as the other rc.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
Yes, $1000.oo for Dinner prices!
I was shocked at the American prices for everything in Beijing near the JW from the Dept store for clothes to cosmetics, teas, etc., etc.

The exchange rate should be much higher for the US$
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:24 am

Beijing - JW Marriott vs Northeast Marriott. Which one???

Anyone prefer one or the other if it came to using a Cat 5 certificate?

Which has better rooms, executive lounge, breakfast buffet, transportation, surrounding area for food, upgrade potential for Platinum, etc...

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2014, 9:18 pm

Has anyone been able to find an email address for the reservations desk at the JW Marriott in BJ?

Checked the website but unable to find anything other than a phone number.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Has anyone been able to find an email address for the reservations desk at the JW Marriott in BJ?

Call them, ask, and post here.
Old May 17, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by drzoidberg

"JW, Beijing China AYS" <[email protected]>
Old May 17, 2014, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by wxguy
"JW, Beijing China AYS" <[email protected]>
Thanks wxguy!
Old May 31, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Wondered if anyone had any thoughts - I'm going to be spending 6 weeks in Beijing after the summer on work (Approx Nov/Dec), looking for a hotel rather than an executive apartment. As a lifetime platinum at Marriott it makes sense that I choose the brand, and would prefer a hotel with an exec lounge that will also give me the full breakfast if I choose.

I'll be working centrally, so the closest/easiest hotel for me is likely to be the 'Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall'. I've stayed at a few other Marriotts (JW, NE) in Beijing on holiday but not this one.

I will be working during the week, then weekends either traveling around China (probably short flights or high speed rail) or working

My logic for the City Wall is:
- Public transport nearby
- Good central location
- Cheaper than the JW which will add up over time

Ignoring the apartment vs hotel discussion does anyone have a reason that this hotel wouldn't make sense?

Has anyone had any experience of trying to negotiate a custom rate for a stay like this?
Old May 31, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Wondered if anyone had any thoughts - I'm going to be spending 6 weeks in Beijing after the summer on work (Approx Nov/Dec), looking for a hotel rather than an executive apartment. As a lifetime platinum at Marriott it makes sense that I choose the brand, and would prefer a hotel with an exec lounge that will also give me the full breakfast if I choose.

I'll be working centrally, so the closest/easiest hotel for me is likely to be the 'Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall'. I've stayed at a few other Marriotts (JW, NE) in Beijing on holiday but not this one.

I will be working during the week, then weekends either traveling around China (probably short flights or high speed rail) or working

My logic for the City Wall is:
- Public transport nearby
- Good central location
- Cheaper than the JW which will add up over time

Ignoring the apartment vs hotel discussion does anyone have a reason that this hotel wouldn't make sense?

Has anyone had any experience of trying to negotiate a custom rate for a stay like this?
1) The City Wall is overpriced for what it is (rumor has it that they've kept occupancy rates intentionally low in order to reduce wear and tear because the eventual goal is to condo it).

2) I'm hard pressed to think of a location in Beijing that is less convenient than the City Wall with respect to traffic patterns.

3) It doesn't score many points wrt public transit either (e.g. the need to take Line 2 to escape is a drag).

Also, you should be able to score an apartment in the GH or St. Regis for about the same price as a negotiated daily rate there (I don't think you'll get them to come down to less than Y550/day).
Old May 31, 2014, 6:57 am

I've recently stayed at the Renaissance Beijing Capital and the Marriott Northeast.

Marriott:

+ we got a lovely exec. suite as plat. upgrade
+ Exec. lounge is really nice, very good evening spread, we didn't try the breakfast
+ breakfast at the restaurant was the best I've ever had, it was about $40 for each person but of course waived due to my platinum status
+ convenient spa and swimming pool
+ extremely friendly staff

- bad location ( no metro station nearby, nothing in walking distance )

Renaissance :

+ got a huge suite as plat. upgrade
+ really nice exec. lounge with stunning views
+ also extremely friendly staff
+ great location

- It seemed like the whole hotel had free access for the breakfast buffet -> great choice but really bad service and bad quality. Breakfast at the lounge was limited but good.
- SPA was really dirty and unusable ( really nice view though )

All in all both hotels are just great. Next time I'd go for the Marriott, it's just more comfortable.

I'll post some pictures later.

Last edited by Mystery7; May 31, 2014 at 7:53 am
Old May 31, 2014, 7:54 am

Marriott Northeast:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118128...h/14289225896/

Beijing Capital City:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118128...7644527213819/
Old May 31, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Mystery7
I've recently stayed at the Renaissance Beijing Capital and the Marriott Northeast.

Marriott:

+ we got a lovely exec. suite as plat. upgrade
+ Exec. lounge is really nice, very good evening spread, we didn't try the breakfast
+ breakfast at the restaurant was the best I've ever had, it was about $40 for each person but of course waived due to my platinum status
+ convenient spa and swimming pool
+ extremely friendly staff

- bad location ( no metro station nearby, nothing in walking distance )
Xiaoyun Lu actually has quite a few decent restaurants (e.g. Home Plate BBQ, Bellagio), plus the Marriott NE is reasonably close to the Lido area, which has a much more open (and green) feel than most other parts of Beijing.

And, I know I've said this several times upthread, but I simply love this property... the rooms, the lounge, the pool, the HVAC system, and the restaurants are all top notch.

I can live without convenient subway access.

Renaissance :

+ got a huge suite as plat. upgrade
+ really nice exec. lounge with stunning views
+ also extremely friendly staff
+ great location

- It seemed like the whole hotel had free access for the breakfast buffet -> great choice but really bad service and bad quality. Breakfast at the lounge was limited but good.
- SPA was really dirty and unusable ( really nice view though )

All in all both hotels are just great. Next time I'd go for the Marriott, it's just more comfortable.

I'll post some pictures later.
Shuangjing is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Beijing because it is close to the CBD, but not in the CBD. Plus, the dead end street that Bang Bang is on is a great place to chill out.

But, the Ren is unfortunately a shadow of its former self. You mentioned the spa, which I agree has gone way downhill, but this is simply indicative of an across the board decline.

That having been said, given the choice between the Ren and the JW (also 1 km away from Guomao, but due east instead of due south), I'd still probably go with the Ren because Shuangjing>China Central Place.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
Do not stay in the City Wall Marriott - it is far inferior to Renaissance Beijing Capital or the JW. The walk to the metro is also far more inconvenient than it appears on a map - I have done this several times.

Renaissance Beijing Capital wins the most convenient prize with a 2-minute walk to get to the Metro and only 1-stop from Guomao.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Xiaoyun Lu actually has quite a few decent restaurants (e.g. Home Plate BBQ, Bellagio), plus the Marriott NE is reasonably close to the Lido area, which has a much more open (and green) feel than most other parts of Beijing.

And, I know I've said this several times upthread, but I simply love this property... the rooms, the lounge, the pool, the HVAC system, and the restaurants are all top notch.

I can live without convenient subway access.

I really liked this property as well. The best thing: It's a Cat 3 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.