Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ladyallenfla
Hello,

We have a quick stopover on our way to Thailand. We will be staying at BJ Marriott NE. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel. I asked the hotel for rates and was given a rate of 148.00USD each way??? I changed my reservation from City Wall to NE just so the airport was more convenient. Also, is there any reputable Tours to the Great Wall that anyone would recommend? Thank you for any advice.
Taxi, of course! (I've walked from there to Sanyuan Qiao where the Airport train stops, and it's not unbearable, but doing it with any sort of luggage doesn't justify the $8 in savings.)

How "quick" is your stopover? You might be able to swing Mutianyu on your way back to the airport, and you certainly don't require a "tour" in order to pull that off.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
Thank you! We arrive Friday morning and leave Saturday morning.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:50 am

Thank you! We arrive Friday morning and leave Saturday morning.
Okay. You could pull off the Great Wall if you go there straight from the airport. Otherwise, I'd stick to a less ambitious plan, and I wouldn't even both with the main tourist sites downtown given the prospects of having to return to the Marriott NE on a Friday afternoon (the traffic can be really nasty). Maybe just stick to Sanlitun, 798, Chaoyang Park, etc. The Marriott NE also happens to have one of the nicest swimming pools in Beijing; I'm always happy to spend hours there just relaxing.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta, NW Air, Continental, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by moondog
Okay. You could pull off the Great Wall if you go there straight from the airport. Otherwise, I'd stick to a less ambitious plan, and I wouldn't even both with the main tourist sites downtown given the prospects of having to return to the Marriott NE on a Friday afternoon (the traffic can be really nasty). Maybe just stick to Sanlitun, 798, Chaoyang Park, etc. The Marriott NE also happens to have one of the nicest swimming pools in Beijing; I'm always happy to spend hours there just relaxing.
Thank you so very much for the advice! I truly appreciate it. Do you think that the Marriott NE is the best place to stay in our situation? I had originally booked the City Wall. Again, thank you.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:43 am

Thank you so very much for the advice! I truly appreciate it. Do you think that the Marriott NE is the best place to stay in our situation? I had originally booked the City Wall. Again, thank you.
Most definitely. Not only is it a much nicer hotel, since your stay is so short, not having to drive the extra 20 minutes (best case scenario) into town makes it a no brainer decision. Furthermore, the City Wall's location is actually kind of bad (near the train station, horrible traffic patterns, nothing much around it).
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I'm going to be in Beijing for 4 days and have the Marriott NE booked. Can anyone tell me about the use of the subway from the hotel to the airport and attractions such as Tiananmen Square?

How is the NE property compared to City Wall?

Thanks for your guidance!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I'm going to be in Beijing for 4 days and have the Marriott NE booked. Can anyone tell me about the use of the subway from the hotel to the airport and attractions such as Tiananmen Square?

How is the NE property compared to City Wall?

Thanks for your guidance!
NE blows the City Wall out of the water on all possible counts, but you'll need to use a taxi to get to either.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Would the Courtyard be better located for subway use? The reason I ask is because I recently had an accident and am limited to a power wheelchair for the time being. I suspect finding taxicabs capable of transporting my chair would be frustrating.

Thankfully the folks I'm having meetings with will meet me nearby my hotel.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Would the Courtyard be better located for subway use? The reason I ask is because I recently had an accident and am limited to a power wheelchair for the time being. I suspect finding taxicabs capable of transporting my chair would be frustrating.

Thankfully the folks I'm having meetings with will meet me nearby my hotel.

Thanks again!
Yes, but no.

We're talking about 300 meters v. 800 meters.

Off the top of my head, here are some BJ hotels that have very good subway access (do not use subway to/from airport in any case):

-Westin Chaoyang
-Grand Hyatt
-Park Hyatt
-Conrad

Feel free to PM me if you want more specific advice.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

Which Beijing Hotel for a 2 Night Stay

Greetings, I have 2 cat 1-4 Certs that I plan on using in PEK.

We arrive mid morning and are leaving in the afternoon 2 days later (72h transit visa);

Which property should a Gold Member stay at?

Internet/Computer access would be nice, free breakfast/hors d'oeuvres, and/or bottled water.

I am assuming as a gold(even on a cert stay) that I would get the above at the city wall, NE, or the JW.

So which would you choose? We are a couple looking to do the great wall tour, forbidden city tour, and get back to the airport for our next flight.

Which would have the cheapest option for taxi, and which would be best/easiest for guided tours of GW/FC?

Thanks for the insight!

Last edited by hearna; Mar 2, 2014 at 3:20 pm
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:41 am

Bump; looking for info to book
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
(do not use subway to/from airport in any case)
Why not?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Why not?
Because
-both Line 10 and Line 2 tend to be packed much of the time
-transfers entail long walks and/or stairs
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Because
-both Line 10 and Line 2 tend to be packed much of the time
-transfers entail long walks and/or stairs
Ah. Gotcha. I thought you meant dangerous or something worse. I like a challenge

Do you recommend the City Wall or Northeast Marriott for two days in Nov.? I like to walk, so leaning towards the CW for the sights near there.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Ah. Gotcha. I thought you meant dangerous or something worse. I like a challenge

Do you recommend the City Wall or Northeast Marriott for two days in Nov.? I like to walk, so leaning towards the CW for the sights near there.
NE by leaps and bounds! (I actually prefer NE to the JW and both Ritzs (how does one pluralize "Ritz"?); plus, there's no chance of dropping $1,000 on a dinner there... even lunch at Nobu can easily exceed this.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.