Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tbuff
The one you mention is NOT the Courtyard, correct?
Correct. I really like the NE, but I liked it a lot more when it was among the cheapest Marriott properties in town. Now that it is on the other end of the spectrum (US government contracts have been dramatically pushing up ADRs at both the NE and the Chaoyang Ren), the call is tougher.
Old May 26, 2013, 9:12 am

Thanks. I think the Cap Ren is the best blend of location and price for our trip - also will save us 20,000 points on our stay.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:07 pm

JW Beijing

Recently completed a wonderful stay at this property.

Lounge was excellent with very good breakfast, afternoon tea, light supper and late evening desserts. Both offering and service was far superior to what you find in US or Europe or more in line with other JW properties in Asia.

Con. and EL staff spoke good english. Surprisingly check-in staff had serious difficulties with english.

Lounge floor was basically populated with Americans which was not surprising. What was bit shocking was to find how some of them were openly bringing chineese "lady friends" to their rooms.

Location of property is on a busy trafficy highway but is close to subway line1 (actual walking distance from hotel lobby to platform is about six NYC blocks with most of them underground through shopping mall)

Shopping Mall across from hotel has extensive food court with about 20+ choices of restaurants and fast food places.

Subway can get crowded but if you are used to Jublie line or PATH or Yamanote line then this is lot lighter. Interchanges do require long walks and hence bit of planning may help.

Subway or Airport bus is not that convenient for airport transfer. Transfers offered by hotel is about 500% more expensive than regular taxi which cost about 90 RMB (travel time to airport depends greatly on traffic. anywhere from 20 min to 90 min)

Good hotel. Would recommend it

(BTW, they have now added a remote operated blind to cover up the huge window between bathrooom and living area of the room)
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:53 pm

I gather you don't spend a great deal of time in China.

Originally Posted by desi

Lounge was excellent with very good breakfast, afternoon tea, light supper and late evening desserts. Both offering and service was far superior to what you find in US or Europe or more in line with other JW properties in Asia.

Con. and EL staff spoke good english. Surprisingly check-in staff had serious difficulties with english.

Lounge floor was basically populated with Americans which was not surprising. What was bit shocking was to find how some of them were openly bringing chineese "lady friends" to their rooms.

Location of property is on a busy trafficy highway but is close to subway line1 (actual walking distance from hotel lobby to platform is about six NYC blocks with most of them underground through shopping mall)

Shopping Mall across from hotel has extensive food court with about 20+ choices of restaurants and fast food places.

Subway can get crowded but if you are used to Jublie line or PATH or Yamanote line then this is lot lighter. Interchanges do require long walks and hence bit of planning may help.

Subway or Airport bus is not that convenient for airport transfer. Transfers offered by hotel is about 500% more expensive than regular taxi which cost about 90 RMB (travel time to airport depends greatly on traffic. anywhere from 20 min to 90 min)

(BTW, they have now added a remote operated blind to cover up the huge window between bathrooom and living area of the room)
Old Jul 12, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by desi

If you are an elite member, you can have breakfast at the restaurant (Asia Bistro). They serve the same stuff that they have in the lounge but has a much wider selection. Although I would imagine the lounge being quieter than the restaurant.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:08 pm

Could somebody suggest a place to eat around the the Cap Ren that would also be toddler friendly?

Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Could somebody suggest a place to eat around the the Cap Ren that would also be toddler friendly?

Thanks.
Well, there are a lot of Chinese restaurants nearby, try one of them.
(*sarcasm)
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Well, there are a lot of Chinese restaurants nearby, try one of them.
(*sarcasm)
walked RIGHT into that one
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:33 pm

Thanks.
Since I used to live in Shuangjing, I can opine on this matter.

My vote goes to Bang Bang. Sure, it's a bar, but their food is pretty good, and because it's on a dead end street, the toddler can run around to his/her heart's content.

Other options:
-Iki (Korean bbq right next to Bang Bang)
-Lilly's (cheap western food; Lilly used to work for Steak and Eggs, but branched out on her own)
-Sabai Sabai (Thai)
-Yunnan Tusicai
-Meeting Point (Italian)
-the HK place directly across from the hotel entrance (their ginger chicken is quite nice)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, PC - Platinum, Member US, AA, CO, DL, SW
Hotels near Beijing Airport?

I have an overnight between flights in Beijing next month and am looking for a good hotel option around $80, ideally with a gym. Are there any good Marriott family hotels for this? Any other suggestions?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by suavemom
I have an overnight between flights in Beijing next month and am looking for a good hotel option around $80, ideally with a gym. Are there any good Marriott family hotels for this? Any other suggestions?
The Courtyard NE is the closest to PEK, but this isn't such a big deal because it's not like it's on airport property (still a 25 minute taxi ride v. 30 minutes to SLT, 35 minutes to CBD).

I don't think $80 is a realistic price target though. If you want to stick with that budget, I can recommend some other places to you that I find acceptable.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: MR-Platinum, HH-Diamond, MileagePlus 1K, AAdvantage Gold
I was reading through trying to find some sort of consensus. I am going to be travelling for work to Beijing next month and trying to decide between the Cap Ren and JW. Is one of these two much better than the other? Cap Ren looks new, but JW looks very nice too.

Any direct comparison would be great.

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Krischey
I was reading through trying to find some sort of consensus. I am going to be travelling for work to Beijing next month and trying to decide between the Cap Ren and JW. Is one of these two much better than the other? Cap Ren looks new, but JW looks very nice too.

Any direct comparison would be great.

Thanks!
The JW is nicer, but there is more to do in Shuangjing than in the Dawang Lu area. Plus, F&B at the JW is far more expensive (e.g. it's easy to drop $1000 on a dinner for 2 at Nobu).
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: UA - 1K, PC - Platinum, Member US, AA, CO, DL, SW
Originally Posted by moondog
The Courtyard NE is the closest to PEK, but this isn't such a big deal because it's not like it's on airport property (still a 25 minute taxi ride v. 30 minutes to SLT, 35 minutes to CBD).

I don't think $80 is a realistic price target though. If you want to stick with that budget, I can recommend some other places to you that I find acceptable.
Moondog, it would be great to get some nice $80 recommendations, if you please!! Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by suavemom
Moondog, it would be great to get some nice $80 recommendations, if you please!! Thanks!
I can get you City Wall for close to that number, but apart from the RC Financial Street, it is the least convenient Marriott property with respect to PEK.

If your layover really is short, I suggest you focus on finding something in the Lido area, the Rosedale perhaps.

And, I remain a fan of the YoYo in SLT, but it's not for everyone (it's arguably the antithesis of your typical Marriott, though still clean and comfortable).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.