Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
it's still a 4.............

Originally Posted by lhs323
Last I checked, the JW Marriott was still a cat 4, and I used a cat 1-4 cert there last time. Why not upgrade the stay to the JW?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
On what grounds?
In spite of the excellent service, the Chaoyang Ren simply isn't a very good hotel in terms of hardware. For example, I was there several years ago the week before the central heating grid was powered up, and the lobby was frigid (most 5-star hotels in Beijing figure out a way to address this issue on their own). The Marriott NE is in a completely different league, but unfortunately its prices now reflect this (they didn't a year ago).

Meanwhile, I have a hard time defending the Marriott City Wall, due to its poor location.

As for the Courtyard NE, its location leaves a lot to be desired for tourists, but it's the closest to the airport and is newish/cheap.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:20 pm

dude
go to the JW you won't be dissapointed. Best brekkie/lounge/service all around in Asia. Period!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by moondog
In spite of the excellent service, the Chaoyang Ren simply isn't a very good hotel in terms of hardware. For example, I was there several years ago the week before the central heating grid was powered up, and the lobby was frigid (most 5-star hotels in Beijing figure out a way to address this issue on their own). The Marriott NE is in a completely different league, but unfortunately its prices now reflect this (they didn't a year ago).

Meanwhile, I have a hard time defending the Marriott City Wall, due to its poor location.

As for the Courtyard NE, its location leaves a lot to be desired for tourists, but it's the closest to the airport and is newish/cheap.
Thanks for this - very informative. Looks like Chaoyang Ren is a good compromise between price and standards right now.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by libuser
dude
go to the JW you won't be dissapointed. Best brekkie/lounge/service all around in Asia. Period!
I was really impressed by the breakfast in Manilla.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
Ritz-Carlton Beijing or JW Marriott Beijing

I will be traveling to Beijing in March for a two night stay and have the option of staying at either the Ritz-Carlton Beijing or JW Marriott Beijing. My company's contract price is roughly the same at both hotels, so I'm wondering what your recommendation would be.

I see that the Concierge Lounge at the JW is fantastic, so I'm slightly leaning that direction.

Are there any meaningful differences in terms of earning Marriott Rewards points at one vs. the other?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing everyone's opinions!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by rcarovano
Are there any meaningful differences in terms of earning Marriott Rewards points at one vs. the other?

Well you won't earn points on dining at Ritz, whereas at JW you'll earn pts on all charges.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:38 pm

There are 38 existing threads in the Marriott forum with "Beijing" in the title. Did none of threads answer your question?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
There are 38 existing threads in the Marriott forum with "Beijing" in the title. Did none of threads answer your question?
I actually *did* read through these posts, but I did not find any that suitably answered my question.

Just curious, why do you ask?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by tomy77
Well you won't earn points on dining at Ritz, whereas at JW you'll earn pts on all charges.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:55 pm

I see that the Concierge Lounge at the JW is fantastic, so I'm slightly leaning that direction.
Whilst it's much better than any I've ever visited in the US, the CL at the JW Beijing is not "fantastic", mainly because it always seems to be incredibly busy, and they rarely replenish the food offerings. You need to get there right at the start of the time for a given meal.

Also, the staff were borderline rude to me on a couple of occasions and they'd aggressively hunt me down to get my room number to make sure I was allowed to be there, even though I observed them frequently not applying the same standards to multiple Asian visitors.

On the other hand, the CL at the JW Shanghai is absolutely fantastic. It's neck and neck with the St. Pancras Renaissance for best lounge ever...

YMMV...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I actually *did* read through these posts, but I did not find any that suitably answered my question.

Just curious, why do you ask?
You could have posted to one of those threads instead of starting a new thread.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1 (and frankly, since the OP is Mar plat the Ritz could care less about his Mar status)........

Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:13 pm

Okay. I was working under the understanding that it was a best practice to post to existing threads only when the topics were identical, and thus not risk taking the conversation off-topic.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
+1 (and frankly, since the OP is Mar plat the Ritz could care less about his Mar status)........
Yep, I recognized that I would only benefit from my status at the JW. But, I did confirm that I would receive Marriott Rewards for a staying at the Ritz-Carlton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.