Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
My wife and I are going to Beijing in September for the first time. We want to go to the usual spots: Forbidden Palace, Summer Palace, Great Wall, etc. We are there only 4 days so travel time is important.

We booked the new Ren Wangfujing since it is the closest to Forbidden Palace, and we've heard Wangfujing is a nice area.

Does that make sense, or are we missing something? Should we stay at another Marriott property?

Thank you!
Old May 31, 2015, 1:30 pm

I just finished a five night stay at the JW Central. It is a steal as a category 3. I have Gold status thanks to my United status and it was put to good use.

I was given a large corner room that could be generously said to have a view of the Forbidden City if the smog isn't too bad. I don't think Beijing is a city to go to for a room with a view.

The evening spread in the lounge was impressive. There were about five hot dishes along with sushi, salad, cheese, bread, cold cuts, fruit and desserts. With the exception of fried noodles, the hot dishes were different each night.

The breakfast in the restaurant is very extensive. The only negative would be that there are so many stations so you have to hike around to get everything that you want. Mark sure to order something from the juice bar on your way in.

I also checked out the breakfast in the lounge one morning when I was tight on time. It was a compressed version of the restaurant. Your choice of eggs was available on request.

When you use the fitness area or pool you are given a bracelet with an RFID tag that opens/closes your locker.

There is not much to do in the area. As others have said it is 1 block south of Xuanwumen station (2 and 4 lines). Between the hotel and the station there is a mid/high(?) end department store. To the south of the hotel is another mall that has a Walmart.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:05 pm

Out of curiosity, we will have from 8:30-10:30am to visit the Forbidden City before catching a cab for our flight. Are any of the hotels (City Wall, Central, Ren Wangfujing) better than the others for getting there quicker with morning traffic?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SensFan
I just finished a five night stay at the JW Central. It is a steal as a category 3.
- The evening spread in the lounge was impressive.
- As others have said it is 1 block south of Xuanwumen station (2 and 4 lines).
The comments by SensFan on the above may 31 post are on track. Also just doing a 5 night cat 3 point stay, with some weekend rate paid stays, thus a week here at this modern JW.

-The gym on the 19th floor has an interesting view of old/new west BJ. The pool , also on 19, has a view north, so one can see Behai park and the Forbidden city, and looking to the east on a clear day the CBD area.
-Subway location of (10 & 4) is truly great for getting around BJ, even to the airport via line 2 & airport express, the airport is more than an hour by taxi.
- EL service is 'chinese low tone luxury' which means when 2 people enter, then 3 staff people provide beverage & kitchen service.
- EL (on the 15th floor) has an outside balcony, thus one can smoke there...
- And 'free' parking.

Last edited by Jiatong; Jul 13, 2015 at 5:42 pm Reason: pool comment
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Jiatong,

I just got back from a 6-night stay there last week and had a really good experience. Sad to learn now of the balcony on the EL - I'm in a wheelchair, so I stayed on the lower level. Didn't ask if there was a hidden elevator somewhere, but I wasn't aware of the balcony.

Tell the girls in the EL Mr. Morris says hello. Particularly Carol. Staff at the hotel is its strongest aspect IMO.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed at the Ren WF end of June. The fixed rate for upgrade to club level is 400RMB/night and suite is 800/night. They fill the rooms with tour groups, both American as well as local. Makes for an interesting mix at breakfast
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: united 1K, Marriott Plat
Courtyard Northeast Exec Lounge Questions

I stayed at the Courtyard NE a few years ago and don't remember a lounge....but do they give GOLD level marriott members upgrade access to the lounge? The Puxi Shanghai Courtyard does, but from my understanding its not automatic at a Courtyard.
Anyone stayed here recently and given lounge access?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: united 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Hey everyone. I updated all the China entries yest in the exec lounge sticky, but I think I might have left out on some if there was a choice of breakfast in exec lounge or restaurant.

Here are the entries:

* Beijing / JW Marriott / OPEN; 2 free i-net terminals; free wifi; 05/23/14 update
* Beijing / JW Marriott Central / OPEN; 08/04/14 update
* Beijing / Renaissance Capital / OPEN; 03/11/14 update
* Beijing / Renaissance Wangfujing / OPEN (per website); 09/03/14 update
* Beijing / Marriott City Wall / OPEN (per website); 10/07/14 update
* Beijing / Marriott Northeast / OPEN; breakfast in lounge or restaurant; 05/14 update
* Beijing / Courtyard Northeast / OPEN; limit of 2/per room for access; i-net; 05/14 update

If there are any updates or if I made an error, please post & I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
I just posted a question - at the Courtyard NE do they give gold members free upgrade to the lounge?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by chinablonde
I just posted a question - at the Courtyard NE do they give gold members free upgrade to the lounge?
If there is an exec lounge at a property, then Golds have access to it.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any recent updated on the Marriott Northeast? The Indian restaurant there is no longer listed on the website. Also, any updates on the interiors, above-average perks for elites, and information on location relative to the other properties in town?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If there is an exec lounge at a property, then Golds have access to it.

Cheers.
Bit late for this reply.

Yes, there is an Executive Lounge. Typical Chinese standard (meaning good in comparison to those in US). UG is based on availability of course. I do think Gold would get UG when avail.

I often use this hotel as an "airport" hotel due to quick access by taxi and well treatment as PLT.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:05 pm

Home Plate (BBQ) is honestly really good.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Looking at the JW Marriott, JW Marriott Central and the Renaissance Wangfujing. Any tips on which hotel has the best location for sightseeing?
Planning on taking the subway for the most part.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
subway

Originally Posted by spark787
Hi Everyone,

Looking at the JW Marriott, JW Marriott Central and the Renaissance Wangfujing. Any tips on which hotel has the best location for sightseeing?
Planning on taking the subway for the most part.
The old JW & Renn are near line 1.
the new JW central is 1 block from the intersection of line 2 & 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.