Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 4:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
Finding real information on this programn has been very hard

I have spent the last couple of days learning about the programn and trying to find if it is worth it. My hotel and flights have been booked....this is just the last detail.

No one at Marriott seems to know anything about this and what it entails.
They just read back to you what is on the web site. One (very kind) agent call Mexico to find out more for me. We got no new answers there. They were supposed to get back with me via email and still have not.

I think it sounds great! I just want to know more.

Has anyone found anything new?

Thanks
Jan
Old Jun 25, 2004, 7:36 pm

For $80 per day, if you can get a few meals, drinks and amenities out of it for your family, I'd say it sounds very worthwhile.

There is another Marriott that offers a similar service.....the JW Desert Ridge. I can't guarantee you that all the services and amenities will be the same in Cancun as they are at this one, but take a look at the site and maybe it'll help you. Might also be worth calling the JW Desert Ridge and discussing it with them. (PS- I'm surprised that a call to the JW Marriott Cancun Concierge desk didn't get you the answers you wanted.)

http://www.desertridgeresort.com/acc...cloud_club.asp
Old Jun 27, 2004, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by flyerwife
For $80 per day, if you can get a few meals, drinks and amenities out of it for your family, I'd say it sounds very worthwhile.

There is another Marriott that offers a similar service.....the JW Desert Ridge. I can't guarantee you that all the services and amenities will be the same in Cancun as they are at this one, but take a look at the site and maybe it'll help you. Might also be worth calling the JW Desert Ridge and discussing it with them. (PS- I'm surprised that a call to the JW Marriott Cancun Concierge desk didn't get you the answers you wanted.)

http://www.desertridgeresort.com/acc...cloud_club.asp

Thanks for your help...flyerwife. Your always VERY helpful.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:36 am

I got a sample menu from them. It sounds like an great programn.

SATURDAY

"Breakfast"

Seasonal Fruit, Freshly Juices, Assorted Yoghurts.
Flour tortilla rolled with scrambled eggs green onion, jalapeno,
Oaxaca cheese, ham and bell peppers served with ranchera sauce
Raisin nut cinnamon French toast served with maple syrup
Crispy bacon and sausages, breakfast potatoes

"Lunch"

Bowtie pasta and wild mushroom salad
Roasted potato and celery salad with Gorgonzola
Grill display of Balsamic marinated vegetables with sun died tomato aioli
Aji tuna and mango relish tomato roll
Shaved beef tenderloin on rosemary focaccia with green onion mayonnaise

"Afternoon Tea"

Chocolate chip cookie and grand Mainer truffle

"Night "

A Taste Of Café Salsa

Live demonstration
Classically prepared fresh Guacamole with fresh totopos and salsas
Assorted freshly baked artisan breads

Cold Canapés
Cactus and Panela cheese roulade
Mini Tostada with seafood ceviche
Sante Fe chicken wrap

Hot Hors D´oeurves
Chorizo and Mushroom Brochette
Beef medallions stuffed with garlic
Mini Chimmichungas

" Late Night "

Ricotta tart, baileys cheese cake, chocolate truffle cake
Cheese display with crackers
Chips, pistachios and pretzels

Also, Children under 12 are free.
This includes transportation to and from the airport. No charge for children under 12. Which bothways would cost 100.00 for a family of 4.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 1:30 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
My girlfriend and I were at the JW Cancun in April on an awards stay. My bill for food and beverages after seven days was $900us. Trust me, it is worth $80 a day. Breakfast buffet at Cafe Salsa is $20/person, add lunch, a few cocktails and bottled water throughout the day and your up to $100.

BTW I found the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com very helpful.

Have fun, your going to love the JW Cancun.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:18 am

Programs: AA
JW Cancun trip booked in late october!

My wife are going there the last week of october on a point savers award (115k pts).

We would like to get a nice room (higher up) and were debating on doing an upgrade right away.

For an upgrade to Superior room it's 35k points or $30 per night. Seems like paying the $30 dollars is a better deal. Although it becomes a slippery sloap in that for $80 we can upgrade to superior which gives you Club 91 access. So it's only another $50 more. I don't think I would pay the $80 if I already had a great view room, but for only $50 more, it becomes a much easier sell.

Are the club 91 rooms up high in the hotel, any preference from a view perspective over the superior rooms rather than a club 91 room?

From everything I have researched on the site here, you may get upgraded to a higher floor automatically, but obviously not guaranteed. I think that is a fairly slow time, so it may be worth taking my chances until I get there knowing I can always pay the $30 or $80 more for the upgrades.

Anybody have any thoughts on the best way to play this?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Mike
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:23 am

Programs: AA
Forgot about the airport shuttle with club 91

Another note for upgrading for club 91, is the airport transfers. I was going to arrange for those through the hotel, so really the upgrade to club 91 from the superior rooms is like $42 per night when you factor in the $56 round trip for 2 people.

But I don't know if they would credit the cost of getting to the hotel if you upgraded to club 91 there instead of in advance.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:38 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MVANHOU
My wife are going there the last week of october on a point savers award (115k pts).

We would like to get a nice room (higher up) and were debating on doing an upgrade right away.

For an upgrade to Superior room it's 35k points or $30 per night. Seems like paying the $30 dollars is a better deal. Although it becomes a slippery sloap in that for $80 we can upgrade to superior which gives you Club 91 access. So it's only another $50 more. I don't think I would pay the $80 if I already had a great view room, but for only $50 more, it becomes a much easier sell.

Are the club 91 rooms up high in the hotel, any preference from a view perspective over the superior rooms rather than a club 91 room?

From everything I have researched on the site here, you may get upgraded to a higher floor automatically, but obviously not guaranteed. I think that is a fairly slow time, so it may be worth taking my chances until I get there knowing I can always pay the $30 or $80 more for the upgrades.

Anybody have any thoughts on the best way to play this?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Mike
I stayed there in April and I had to fight for an upgrade. Was Gold at the time and was not charged though. This was of course before they started Club 91 but one would think that these rooms are up high and face the pool. Pay the $80/day, based on prices at the hotel, two people will eat and drink $80+/day. The view would be icing on the cake.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:12 am

JW Marriott Cancun-Club 91

I know we have all had discussions about this resort and about the Club 91, but, I was looking for information from somebody that has actually paid and experienced it. The Club opened in July so, its fairly new. Was it worth the upgrade?

I have read reviews on Trip Advisor and most have been negative towards the Club. I leave in 4 days for an 8 days trip and any reviews would be welcomed.

Thanks!
Janet
Old Nov 2, 2004, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott Rwards, Delta Skymiles
Jw 91

Originally Posted by janhigginskcmo
I know we have all had discussions about this resort and about the Club 91, but, I was looking for information from somebody that has actually paid and experienced it. The Club opened in July so, its fairly new. Was it worth the upgrade?

I have read reviews on Trip Advisor and most have been negative towards the Club. I leave in 4 days for an 8 days trip and any reviews would be welcomed.

Thanks!
Janet
I would like to hear of your experience, as I am going in January.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:57 pm

Wink JW Marriott Club 91 Cancun

We are planning a trip to JW Marriott Cancun in June. We will be using Marriott rewards for the stay. Is it worth it to upgrade to Club 91 level using upgrade certificates? What kind of food/bev avail in the lounge? Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed on club level. Thanks!!
Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Rwards, Delta Skymiles
I am going on Jan. 6 - will let you know what I think.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:53 am

Its worth it.

We stayed there in October. You get all the same food that you would through out the resort.

The club is located on the club floor. You get a key to access it that no other levels can use. Its open from 7Am to 10PM. They have huge over stuffed couches and lots of tables in the lounge. The best tables are over looking the ocean and are seperated with walls for privacy. Two huge flat screen TV's. The "club" is were you go for all the food and drinks. It becomes very social in the evening with all the club members. Total blast.

You get 5 food presentations thru the day. Breakfast is eggs, bacon, pasterys, potatoes, bagels, juice, fruit...ect. Champagne is included. The coffee machine is awesome. It makes anything you want. Expresso, lattes, ect.

All the bottled water & soda's you want. There is a mini fridge in the lounge loaded. Just grab a few and go to the pool.

Internet access is included.

Lunch is salads and sandwiches with fruit and cheese plater.

Afternoon tea and cookies.

The evening has many hors doeuvers. Each night is one of the restaurants in the resort. You get enough to make a meal of it. Sushi one night, Taste of Champions (their sports bar and grill) buffalo wings, HUGE breaded shrimp, ect. They like to do demos with the food if there are enough people there. A chef will show up and teach you how to cook what they are serving.

All the coctails/ beers you could ever want are given for 3 hours here.

Everything is located in the "club 91" . The staff is incredible. Anything you want you get. Huai and Junko are the best in making your stay the best it can be.

You get a welcome gift. A very pretty candel. On Spa night you get a package of gel eye masks and cremes that are sold in the spa.

They have 5 different pillows that you get to pick out to sleep with. The have a small display of them in the club. Memory foam pillows, feather..ect.

You get club robes and slippers. The slippers you get to keep.

You also have access to the Spa at no charge. The steam room is great, hot and cold tubs, turbo blast showers..the works. Cucumber water and cold washclothes are located every where in the spa. Very nice.

I thought it was worth every penny. If not, you pay for the same things thru out the resort. Coffee is 4 bucks for a small cup in the gift shop. You can have coffee all day long in the lounge. The breakfast is the same you get in the main restaurant. But at 20 bucks a head.

I hope this helps.

Jan
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:04 am

I'm looking for peace and quiet, like I might find at the J.W. Ihilani where I can sit and read a book and look at the ocean from my lanai. Is the JW Cancun the place for me?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:53 am

I have stayed 2 years in a row at the J.W. Ihilani then decided to try the JW Cancun. Both are very comparable in many aspects, except a few things. The furnature on the patio are just 2 chairs and a small table between. There were no chaise lounge chairs to lay on like the Ihilani. Also, the bathrooms were marble, but no garden tub like in the Ihilani. That was awesome to relax in. The shower was smaller with just a glass door with no marble bench either.

As for the peace and quiet...you get the same at both.

Aslo, I think the ocean is prettier in Cancun. Very crystal clear blue water. The sand is a fine powder white.

Another small detail. The JW Cancun is located in the hotel zone. It is hotel upon hotel, upon hotel as far as you can see. Not secluded like the Ihailani. It does have a wonderful infinity pool and others that all attach to each other. The bad thing is that the hotel shades the pool by 2 in the afternoon. Most people head to the pool very early and throw some towels down and leave until later. That is frustrating because you look down at the pool and there is no one there and all the chairs are full. The hot tubs are luke warm too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.