Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by ennsy
My parents are coming to Cancun end of March and are debating between the Renaissance Marina or the JW on the beach. The Ren is closer to town to go out for meals which is a huge plus, it's cheaper on points, but there is no beach and the pool apparently sees shade for part of the day. The JW is on the beach, a nicer hotel overall, but further from town and more expensive for meals and on points.
Curious if anyone has any insight on a decision to make here.
Also, open to other options if I'm missing something.
They are Gold status FWIW
Cannot speak to the Renaissance but the JW a couple years ago when I went was a great experience. It had a great pool. Service was quite lovely and it’s connected to the larger Marriott next-door where you could go and access their restaurants and services etc. as well.
I would certainly see if having their facilities nearby might help make the decision. I also recall that there’s a pretty easy bus that runs up and down that Main Street that is easy to hop off and on too.

hope that helps
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
My parents are coming to Cancun end of March and are debating between the Renaissance Marina or the JW on the beach. The Ren is closer to town to go out for meals which is a huge plus, it's cheaper on points, but there is no beach and the pool apparently sees shade for part of the day. The JW is on the beach, a nicer hotel overall, but further from town and more expensive for meals and on points.
Curious if anyone has any insight on a decision to make here.
Also, open to other options if I'm missing something.
They are Gold status FWIW
If your parents want a resort experience, then stay at the JW. Few nice pools, ocean and restaurant. Most vacationer will go here

Ren is just a nice standard hotel. There is an american style mall right by this hotel…so there few american style restaurants right by here.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Curious if anyone has any insight on a decision to make here. They are Gold status FWIW
I've stayed in both. Honestly, as noted in prior comments, it's 2 different experiences. The JW is one of the more luxury oceanfront resorts out there which is not AI, the other being the Kempinski (no longer part of Ritz). It is no longer "attached" to the Marriott next door, which will re-open as an AI. The restaurants on-site are very good, the breakfast buffet is awesome but I suspect no longer free like in the past. Still, the best rate here is a breakfast rate. The Renaissance Marina is styled as a business hotel. Attached to a high end mall with many offerings and a nice deck with fast casual and fast food offerings, as well as some nicer sitdown restaurants. The on-site pool is tiny, as well as the hot tub. But Ren customers do have free access to a private beach club less than a mile away. There is a free hotel shuttle that takes you there, or just walk (it's just past the SLS, to the right). You must get a ticket from the front desk to get into the club area - which has 2 large pools (one for adults only), beach area guarded so few waves, and a small set of exercise stations. I've never seen it packed, so if you are looking for tons of people, don't choose this. Also, if you purchase something at the beach club, you must settle your account with them. The food and drink are good. Breakfast amenity allows you to get the continental breakfast (fruit and bread only), and an upcharge opens up the full buffet. As noted, 2 very different experiences. In addition to these 2, note the 2 Westins and the Aloft - which might be available.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K
Does anyone know if the Planet Hollywood Cancun charges in USD or in Pesos? My reservation through Marriott is quoted in USD but wanted to confirm which currency my card will be charged in.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:30 pm

Delete

Last edited by Illinwu; Feb 29, 2024 at 7:10 am Reason: Deletion
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:03 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Bumping this thread up: any FT'er stayed at an AI Marriott property in Cancun recently? Any advice? And also, is it worth splurging on Diamond Club level or can an upgrade be expected as a Marriott Titanium?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Bumping this thread up: any FT'er stayed at an AI Marriott property in Cancun recently? Any advice? And also, is it worth splurging on Diamond Club level or can an upgrade be expected as a Marriott Titanium?
Just came back from the Royalton Chic and JW. Wrote up my thoughts on the AI Royalton Chic here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.