Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kb1992
Requested 10 SNA from annual choice today, and got confirmation emails. These emails say SNA will expire in Dec 2021

However, I checked my account, these SNA are not deposited. They are supposed to expire in Dec. 2022?

So SNA in my account now were earned last year.
Ah, OK. Give it 24 hrs. They should be there tomorrow.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:49 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
I would avoid the westin like the plague horribly run down, staff unhelpful, food options terrible. Rooms dark and damp. At the time we visited lounge was open and full of loud obese drunks piling their plates with free snacks to avoid having to pay for dinner. Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, but maybe cancun is not for me. Beach was quite nice though and location good as far removed from centre.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Ah, OK. Give it 24 hrs. They should be there tomorrow.
Indeed, 10 SNA expiring 12/2022 arrived today.

Thanks so much.

Requested suite upgrade at JW Marriott for 5 nights next January.

Does status make a difference on the upgrade priority list (if there is one)?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, 10 SNA expiring 12/2022 arrived today.

Thanks so much.

Requested suite upgrade at JW Marriott for 5 nights next January.

In the Starwood days, it went by date requested. So the early birds had a better chance. No idea what Marriott does and no one is volunteering that information.

Good luck with your upgrade!
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think that by far the two biggest factors in clearing SNAs are (1) capacity during your stay, and (2) whether the hotel games the system. To me, any priority among requests is a much lesser concern.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl
In the Starwood days, it went by date requested. So the early birds had a better chance. No idea what Marriott does and no one is volunteering that information.

Good luck with your upgrade!
Thanks.

It seems like JW has 3 types of suites with different sizes available for upgrade request: 71, 86, 121 square meters.

The 265 square meters Presidential Suite is off the table for SNA.

Would you request all to get better chance of clearing? Or request the largest one with 121 square meters.

I am curious about upgrade odds for Jan. 9-14, 2022 but I did avoid Christmas/New Year holiday peak.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Resort fee

This information isn’t posted on Marriott website, nor could I find it online anywhere! So for anyone heading to Marriott CUN, this is what you get for $25/day.

Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Royalton Cancun v. Planet Hollywood

The Planet Hollywood thread is completely bare - has anyone stayed at either of these? which do you recommend for December 2021?

I saw this review:

https://www.playadelcarmen.com/blog/...cancun-review/

but nothing head to head - and just random comments on trip advisor.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Looking for a short two night trip in Cancun, but it looks like Thurs-Sat nights are all booked out in April 2023 for all of the all-inclusive hotels. Am I too early to start booking for these dates, or are they really all sold out?

Example from the planet hollywood hotel
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Change your number of nights to a higher number (i.e. 5 night stay) and you should see the weekends open up. It looks like they have a minimum stay requirement for the weekends.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
All the Royaltons in Cancun (actually anything all-inclusive from the Blue Diamond collection) is sold out on marriott.com, but available directly on their individual web sites (www.royaltonresorts.com), expedia etc. This seems to only be happening from yesterday. I'm checking the same dates. Even with the flexible date calendar, everything just shows 'not available for checkin'. What gives?
Old May 2, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Looking to take a family vacation next month (June 2023) in Cancun with two young-ish children (6 & 7). Which property would you recommend? I was looking at Planet hollywood but the reviews seem neutral at best, not to mention the location.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Interested in any current reviews for the PH Cancun... Reviews are all over the place in terms of experiences, and can't find much here.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:14 pm

Is the reopening delayed?

I was able to book for Spring Break (end of March) as of 3 weeks ago; now there is no availability until 5/1/24. Is the reopening delayed? Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:53 am

Renaissance vs JW

My parents are coming to Cancun end of March and are debating between the Renaissance Marina or the JW on the beach. The Ren is closer to town to go out for meals which is a huge plus, it's cheaper on points, but there is no beach and the pool apparently sees shade for part of the day. The JW is on the beach, a nicer hotel overall, but further from town and more expensive for meals and on points.
Curious if anyone has any insight on a decision to make here.
Also, open to other options if I'm missing something.
They are Gold status FWIW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.