Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum HH Gold
The JW Cancun was listed in the pointsaver chart for stays between 10/1 and 12/31. I stayed in early december.

Most spring breakers should be gone by late april . . you should be ok.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BeantownFlyer:
I just returned from 7 nights at the Ritz. ]</font>
Thanks for the great review BTF. Please consider cross-posting it over in the Luxury Hotel forum.

-DR
Old Jun 10, 2004, 9:17 am

Jw Cancun Club Level

Was wondering if booking this would be worth the extra $$? You do get extra amenities, like food, newspapers, etc; anyone stay in one of these rooms? Deb
Old Jun 12, 2004, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
Good question

Originally Posted by DebbieF
Was wondering if booking this would be worth the extra $$? You do get extra amenities, like food, newspapers, etc; anyone stay in one of these rooms? Deb

I just booked a week there also. I was wondering the same thing too!

Janet
Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:17 am

Club

Club can be worth the money if all "adult" beverages are part of the deal. What is the mark up for the club rooms? Make sure of the club hours of operation. The food is not ment to be a meal but a snack... that being said a lot of people use it for "meals"... breakfast and lunch esp...
Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Hotelfinder
Club can be worth the money if all "adult" beverages are part of the deal. What is the mark up for the club rooms? Make sure of the club hours of operation. The food is not ment to be a meal but a snack... that being said a lot of people use it for "meals"... breakfast and lunch esp...
Alcoholic Beverages are only included in the Club Rate at the Ritz-Carlton brand, at all other brands there is an honor bar
Old Jun 17, 2004, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Rwards, Delta Skymiles
JW Marriott, Cancun - Club-91

Anyone know the advantages of the upgrade to Club-91? Going in January, and wandering if the upgrade is worth $80.00/day plus tax.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:01 pm

I stayed at the JW Cancun a year ago and did not do the upgrade. When I arrived, I was pleased to find that I was fully upgraded with Ocean View! I'm platinum and the hotel did not seem too busy, perhaps it was just luck on my part. I'm thinking about returning this fall and have wondered the samething. Do I pay for the upgrade or just chance it. Great property. Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 8:49 am

What is club 91? Is it new?
Old Jun 21, 2004, 1:19 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
I second that--we'll probably be staying at the JW Cancun later this Fall. What is Club 91, and would our two young boys (3 & 4 this Fall) be interested?
Old Jun 21, 2004, 5:26 pm

From the Marriott Offshore Resorts website.....

CANCUN, MEXICO (May 11, 2004) – Beginning in July 2004, guests of the JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa will have the option of elevating their resort experience by staying in the new Club 91, a level within the resort providing specialized services and amenities found in boutique hotels. Club 91 will provide guests with access to a variety of upgraded services and amenities not available to other resort guests.

The name “Club 91” is derived from the 91 steps leading up the Mayan pyramid at Chichen-Itza, known as the “Castle”. Each of the four sides of this pyramid has 91 steps which added together account for the 364 days in the Mayan calendar year. Club 91 communicates the allure of this mysterious culture and the sophistication of the JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa.

Club 91 guests will have access to the exclusive Club 91 Lounge during their stay, which offers five daily food and beverage presentations.

Other services and amenities Club 91 guests will benefit from include personalized check-in in the Club 91 Lounge, preferred Spa reservations and complimentary access to its 2nd floor, complimentary airport transportation, high speed internet access, ocean view rooms, butler service, a departure gift, and much more. Club 91’s staff will cater to their guests’ needs as well as assist with reservations and appointments within both the hotel and the Cancun area.

“We are very excited about the launch of our brand-new Club 91,” said Chris Calabrese, General Manager of the resort. “Not only will it enhance our guests’ overall resort experience, but it will also solidify JW Marriott’s position within the upscale Cancun market.”

Located on pristine Caribbean beachfront, the luxurious 448-room JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa indulges with a 35,000 square foot, world-class spa offering a Mayan-inspired treatment menu, fitness center, large free-form pool with swim-up bar, plus a 20-foot dive pool with artificial reef, picturesque beachfront, water sports, tennis, 5 restaurants and 20,300 square feet of flexible meeting space.

When you go to the regular Marriott site and find the Club 91 room availability, click on room rates and it gives more detailed info about the Club, including:

Upgraded service and amenities on private floor
Complimentary airport transportation for 2 adults
Key access
Selection of CDs, books, games, periodicals and newspapers
Lounge has 5 daily food presentations
Guardian Angel Services (packing, unpacking, pressing, shoeshine, personal shopper)
Variety of pillows, masks, bath and body gels, soaps, salts
Maximum 2 adults
Kids under 12 free

Last edited by flyerwife; Jun 21, 2004 at 5:37 pm Reason: add more info
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:45 pm

Does MR platinum status give you access to the club-91 lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 3:21 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by doctor
Does MR platinum status give you access to the club-91 lounge?
The club-91 lounge is not a concierge level or executive lounge and is only available through club rates.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Club 91 ,a.k.a. Ritz
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by hts
I second that--we'll probably be staying at the JW Cancun later this Fall. What is Club 91, and would our two young boys (3 & 4 this Fall) be interested?
I'll be there this fall with our 2 children (girls) 5 & 7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.